Pats fans' reactions

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ........, Sep 12, 2007.

1. dbeast

dbeast New Member

We know every offensive and defensive play for each entire game? Huh?

First of all, this doesn't apply to offensive plays, they speak those through a headset, making sure to cover up their mouths. So what excuse do you have for only scoring 14 points? Its pretty simple really, we are just that much better then the Jets.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You can but having the signals and the sound and the QB calls and the defensive calls available through angles wide and tight along with audio seems a bit more reliable, particularaly if you are a stickler for details like BB seems to be. BB was never one to cover the bases in a half assed manner.

Nixon had the election won and still decided to get an illegal edge. You can rationalize anything but this is really about getting an edge any edge and that has always been BB credo as a coach. The Pats also have one of the physically largest teams in the league and a player was just cought with HGH. Knowing BB it wouldn't surprise me if he has his players on a program to beat the system. I'm almost as paraniod as BB, almost.

3. dbeast

dbeast New Member

so now we're talking about "a bit more reliable". Seem negligent to me to the outcome of games. That's why i believe they are the legit SB winners of 01, 03 & 04.

4. winstonbiggs

What were the scores of those games? How did you win the game against Oakland? They may be legit? Who knows your coach is a cheat.

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I certainly will not refute the talent level of your team; and take note that at no time did I ever say that Brady was not a HOF QB; In my mind, he still is. Brady did not cheat; his coach did.

Again, we seem to go back to square one; I acknowledge the talent of your team, but not allowing them to play as sportsmen is to say that the coach lacks confidence in his teams' ability.

6. dbeast

dbeast New Member

Bill just doesn't know how good of a team he has.

Perhaps Vision and GMfidelity can take a page from your book and admit that we do have a great team and a great chance of winning without cheating.

7. winstonbiggs

You don't think BB would employ listening devices to steal the plays into the QB? He would we all know he would do anything to get an edge.

8. dbeast

dbeast New Member

your excuse for scoring 14 points is that bill employed listening devices?

Let's be clear about something too, all teams try to find a competitive advantage, you know gini does, its just the Bill crossed the line with the videotape. Please don't make it out like Bill is the only one trying to find a competitive advantage.

9. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

No worries my friend, I knew that.

10. winstonbiggs

I haven't made a single excuse for the Jets, I don't think the Jets are that good, I stated it prior to the season, 7 & 9 is what I think the number I predicted. You're the guy making the excuses. This isn't about the Jets this is about the credability of the best team in the NFL, the best coach in the NFL a 3 time SB team that's actively cheating.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's fun to watch the morons deflect the argument every single time. If anything, once the Pats are truly dead and gone their fans all have future careers in PR.

12. MANBOOBS

MANBOOBS Banned

Okay, I'm about half-way through this thread, and I have to ask this:

Is there a SINGLE ONE OF YOU who think the Jets would have won that game if the Pats hadn't gotten caught videotaping the Jets' defensive signals halfway through the 1st quarter?

I'm sure that had everything to do with Moss beating a triple team on that 51 yard pass play.

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Your question has been answered ten-fold since this topic broke. And it doesn't matter what you believe "would have" happened. It is what did happen. Your team got caught breaking the rules.

I get a kick out of all this defending the Patriots honor crap. If this sort of scandal came out about the NEW YORK YANKEES it would take the National Guard being mobilized to stop Boston fans from pillaging NY. And they have the nerve to call us whiney. :lol:

14. dbeast

dbeast New Member

I asked you for an excuse as to why the jets scored 14 points, your reply was the listening devices. That sounded like and excuse to me.

15. winstonbiggs

The Jets suck and your team is loaded and your team still felt the need to cheat. The Pats probably win that game without cheating?

I don't get this line of thinking? I would be much more pissed if I was a Pats fan. I mean as a Jets fan this doesn't help or hurt me one bit other than it taints the entire credability of the league. As a Pats fan I have to live with the fact that the HC of my team killed all the credability of all those great seasons.

16. abyzmul

I happen to be one of the people who doesn't think the outcome of the game was altered by THIS instance of Patriots cheating, so I am not extremely up in arms about the punishment as some people are, but it annoys me that the Pats intended to cheat my team and for that I would certainly not be disappointed to see Belichick suspended at least one game for his INTENT TO CHEAT, which is a proven fact etched in stone.

However, I also see every Patriots fan that happens to visit making the exact argument you are trying to make and it is immaterial to what actually happened to the Patriots, mattering even less than the typical argument of 'everyone is doing it', a laughable argument when you consider there is proof of the Pats doing it and zero proof of any other team in the league doing it.

Enjoy your paper Super Bowl this year because you're not getting a real one.

17. MANBOOBS

MANBOOBS Banned

Yeah, zero proof because nobody ever raised the stink that Mangina did. If you're naive enough to think that other teams don't steal signals, you're probably naive enough to believe in the Tooth Fairy.

And yeah, whether you like or not, the outcome is pretty much immaterial. The Pats lose THEIR first round pick, but still have San Fran's. They also have a 2nd and 2 thirds.

Maybe the Pats should have made a bigger stink about the Jets tampering with Deion Branch last year.

But hey, I'm also a Sox fan, so I understand how you Jets fans must feel, with your team constantly coming up short.

18. abyzmul

Wahwahwah, your tampon is overfilled, Mary. And now that you mentioned it, I do remember Deion Branch. The Pats got a first round pick out of that deal. AND NOW THEY LOST THAT PICK! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BTW, I am a Yankees fan so I understand your false feeling of unbeatability on the brink of your franchise disappointing you yet again.

#238 abyzmul, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  19. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

Jesus christ haven't you pats fans realized repeating the same argument over and over again is not going to invalidate your teams moral shortcomings?

Again I see:
    1. Mangini's the bad guy for exposing that the Pats cheat.
    2. Sign stealing isn't cheating
    3. Their punishment wasn't a punishment because the Pats have some draft picks left.
    4.closing allegation or insult

MOVE ON!!!! YOUR TEAM GOT CAUGHT CHEATING! PEOPLE ARE GOING TO WONDER HOW LONG AND IN WHAT WAYS THEY HAVE CHEATED! THATS THE WORST PART OF BEING EXPOSED AS A CHEATER OR A LIAR-NO ONE TRUST YOU AFTERWARDS

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

hah! Spot on post Rookie! :up: