Isnt it weird how no one is even talking about Pennington?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by scoochydawg, Sep 13, 2007.

1. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

I feel like if this was the first game of last season and Pennington got hurt, and had to even miss one game, everyone would have been talking non-stop about him. There would be 1000 new threads on how "I cant believe this!" "Thats the season folks!" " Our season is over" etc.... I think its because of a few reasons, one could be that people think Clemens is going to come in and be awesome. or that they just stopped caring altogether and are used to this crap, or that they are to interested in the Patriots scandal. The sad thing is that I think most people just think Chad getting hurt is a good thing. I love Chad, And am real upset hes out. What do you guys think?

#1 scoochydawg, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  2. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

I think the reason that there aren't that many threads about Pennington is because everyone is busy talking about the Patriots spy scandal.

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Chad will be back, better than ever. :grin:

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I'm a Chad fan too. I am excited to see what we have in Clemens,but i'd rather have Chad in there any day.

5. VJFAN

VJFAN New Member

It's called acceptance.

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

It is a nice break to not be beating the dead horse of our QB's. Given the Pats sins it gives Jet fans a nice target we can all band together against. Well... most of us at least. Couple of village idiots out there that think cheating is cool. Whatever... :lol:

7. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

Most fans know what a warrior Chad is, after the double shoulder surgery rehab. Most fans know he'll be back. Whether or not that makes them happy (it should) is a different story.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

chad who??

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahahaa....

That takes big balls, my friend. Kudos to you.

No, seriously, Chad's our best chance, until and if Clemens mops up on the Ravens. If that happens, then it's "Chad who?"

10. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

Nobody here is talking about because it is a minor injury.

Two weeks tops.

We are used to Chad getting put on IR, not miss a game or two.

11. Joe W. Namath

Joe W. Namath New Member

I still think Pennington plays this Sunday. Ususally they say when a qb misses friday's practice then he is out. Well Chad was out there throwing passes today. And he still has 2 full days of healing left.

I think they are leaking the Clemens stuff out but Chad will be the one who starts.

12. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

I think this is the price we pay for having a tight lipped team. Nobodies supposed to know who's showing up on game day.

I'm hoping it's Chad because I'm starting to think he's getting turned into our 2006 A-Rod.....and things started look up for him lately...

13. Jetallica

Jetallica New Member

I think that Chad's stay in New York is just about done. Chad to me is a quaterback who gives you a great shot to win, when he is not pressured much. (Of course any qb plays better when there is no pressure, but some like Pennington who place no zip on the ball cant fit it into tight spaces before linebackers get there hands up and tip the ball)
    Some Questions about Chad
    Is he able to throw the long ball? yes!
    Is he able to throw it accuratley? Not at all.
    Is he able 'throw' a 15 yard out? Yes
    Is he able to throw a 15 yard out without us being nervous of a defensive back picking it for 6 points? not at all.
    Is he an accurate quaterback? yes
    Is he a warrior? absolutely!
    Can he win a superbowl? Yes, it just takes the right team and the right time.
    Is he about to lose his job to Kellen Clemens? Yes
    He will not lose it based off what happens this Sunday with Kellen against Baltimore. He will start when he is ready but if the Jets are 2-4 or 2-5, bye bye Chad. The Clemens experiment will start. I say experiment because who knows whether he will be a bust or the next Manning.

14. KyleBradyoverSapp

KyleBradyoverSapp New Member

Kellen is the future

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Agreed.

The Chad injury is overshadowed by the Pats Cheating scandal. I guess in a way it's good, because Chad really isn't having the media up his ass 24/7, so he can practice easily and smoothly now.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm actually curious to see Kellen Clemens in action. I mean let's just say Pennington played the whole season uninjured again and led the Jets to a playoff birth. What then? How many more years do you go with Chad? By the time Clemens is up to play he's a free agent ready to sign somewhere else. Then the Jets have to waste another pick on a QB or players to trade for one.

17. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

There really is nothing new to be said about Chad Pennington. The same debate with the same arguments on both sides occurs nearly every week on here.

Add that to what 3rd said about having no new info and you get a fan base that:

1) Wouldn't be surprised if Chad played or not
    2) Wouldn't mind seeing what Clemmens could do
    3) Understands that Chad is the best option for wins this season

18. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Drafting D'Brickashaw (over Leinart and Cutler) will haunt this organization for the next decade.

Ferguson = Robert Gallery / Tony Mandarich

Pete Kendall is probably laughing right now.

19. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

A draft choice haunting an organziation typically refers to passing on the player public opinion thinks you should take who then is selected within a pick or two and has a stellar career.

Public opinion was not heavily in Leinart's corner and most certainly wasn't in Cutler's. In addition the Jets had the #4 pick while Leinart went at #9 and Cutler went (surprisingly) at #11.

I will let someone else make the O-line argument and point out that Leinart looked like crap the other night. I will admit, that I'd be pretty excited if the Jets had Cutler right now.

20. petekendall

petekendall New Member

hahahahahahahahahahahaha:shit: :smile: