The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread (Merged 21x (ugh))

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neworderdude

neworderdude Member

:jets: Fantastic :gpc:

2. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

why don't you look back a few pages. this has been discussed among myself, Rich Miano and Section 227.

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Belichicken's post-game-sickening

Sunday, September 9, 2007
    PATRIOTS 38, JETS 14
    Bill Belichick Post-Game Press Conference
    "I was real proud of our players today, I thought they went out and played a real good football game. I thought we executed a lot of things well in the game. Certainly some things could have been better, but overall I thought it was a real solid effort. We got a lot of good play from our entire offense. Obviously any time you score that number of points, that's good. We made some plays on defense, had a big play in the kicking game, so overall I thought it was a solid effort. I think the players deserve a lot of credit ? it's been a long week, it's been a long preseason to get ready for this game, and I thought they came down here and did a good job today. You know, it's one game; it doesn't really mean much. We have a long way to go. Haven't clinched anything. We play San Diego next week. We know they're one of the best teams in the league and we'll all have our hands full with them, we're well-aware of that. A lot of corrections we need to make from today. We need to move on and get better. But there were some positive things to build on today, so that was good."

4. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

f'in scumbag. correct your cheating

5. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Absolutely at is an organization transgression rather than an individual one that can have a bigger impact on the outcome of a game.

It would be rather ridiculous to issue a 4-game suspension to a player for smoking dope or a 5-game suspension to an assistant coach for HGH and not suspend Belichick for this nonsense.

I would think that a 1st rounder (keeping in mind the Pats have two next draft) which punishes the organizatoin and a 4-game suspension of the head coach (who is directly responsible) would be appropriate.

6. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Kick his ass 227! Eloquently put.

7. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

im suprised none of the mods or admins have rushed for a pats/cheating smiley

8. MattMan

MattMan New Member

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

If Mangini rolled over on Bellicheat he would have been fired, and would never have been a HC.

10. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

wow, the patriots players are not getting my respect at all:

this is an interview with tom brady - http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Do you think any of the issues involving the illegal video taping are going to have any impact on Sunday?
    “I think we always look past these things. I don’t think this is a concern of anybody. It’s certainly not a concern of mine. I don’t think anybody cares too much about what people say or do. It’s probably more flattering to us than anything. People, maybe sometimes when they think we’ve got everything figured out, maybe it speaks to our preparation. I’m actually flattered by it.”

When you hear people say that the allegations damage what you’ve done over the last few years, how do you respond to that?
    “I don’t have a response. If I had a response to everything that people said about me or us, then I’d be busy all freaking day responding to things. I think part of the great thing here is we control what we can control. That’s our attitude and our work ethic and our preparation. That’s why I’m so proud to be part of the New England Patriots. Maybe that’s why we have won over the years because all we do is concern ourselves with what we do. We don’t waste any time responding to what people think or say. At the end of the day it makes no difference in how we go out and perform. I know this team is excited to play San Diego. That’s where our focus is. That’s what I’m excited for."

11. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Wow! A logical, reasonable assessment. I'm impressed.

Most of the posters here want the Patriots dissolved as an organization. Talking about forfeiting the game, forfeiting playoffs, giving Jets draft picks, banning Belichick from coachin, and other far out stuff.

It's refreshing to see someone post who has an objective view without letting Patriots hate drive them to ridiculous dreaming.

12. MattMan

MattMan New Member

flattered by being called a cheater???? this is un-fuckin'-believeable

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

What a fucking jackass...Hey Tom... you may not care.. but how do you think the teams you personally cheated against feel? Fucking asshat

14. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I'd be in agreement with that penalty... I'm still completely pissed over the seriousness of what they were doing... My problem with you is that you're minimizing the offense

15. tangini_disciple

oh boy, it just keeps on coming -

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/09/pats_reaction.html

Pats reaction
    By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

FOXBOROUGH -- Running back Kevin Faulk, one of the Patriots' seven captains, said coach Bill Belichick spoke to the team this morning and addressed the NFL's investigation of the club.

"He aplogized to the players for what happened, but at the same time he let us know right then and there that was it," Faulk said. "This is not what we're focusing on. We got a game to play against the San Diego Chargers."

Left tackle Matt Light was asked if he would be bothered that people might put a mark on the Patriots' three Super Bowl championships based on the investigation.

"People can look back and say whatever they want, I'm just lucky enough that I know the truth and I was there," Light answered.

What is the truth?

"The truth is what I know I've done and accomplished," he said. "I don't mix either one of those two. People can say whatever they want about anything. I stay out of all the 'what ifs?'"

Faulk was asked about studying signals and if it was part of gamesmanship in the NFL.

"I haven't the slightest idea. I didn't know anything about it. I don't want to know anything about it," he said. "We're going to suffer our penalty and that's it. We play football on the field. We don't do any of the other stuff.

"The first thing on our mind is addressing the San Diego Chargers. The video tape scandal? Hey, whatever happens, it happens with that. Our mindset right now is the San Diego Chargers. We're not playing against a video tape. We're playing against the San Diego Chargers, which has a pretty good team."

16. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

man that locker room must stink with all those bags of douche laying around

17. tangini_disciple

this has to be the strangest comment for me:

"The truth is what I know I've done and accomplished," he said. "I don't mix either one of those two. People can say whatever they want about anything. I stay out of all the 'what ifs?'"

he doesn't mix what he's done and he's accomplished? so they're different? what you've done is what you do on the field, what you've accomplished are trophies... now, if they're different, what does that mean? how the heck are those things different unless you've cheated? is this basically admitting that he cheated?

18. nyj55

nyj55 Member

anyone hear what clayton and salisbury had to say on sportcenter just now? Clayton said a 3rd in 08 and 09 and MAYBE 1 game for BB at worst. Asshat (salisbury) said the sign stealing has pretty much no effect on the game and that it gave the pats a very very very minimal advantage in the game and in games past. And he also pretty much flat out said the patriots will absolutely blow out the jets in the next game as well. Man i hope he has to eat his words come game 2

19. Jets Fan from NE

Look at it this way. If we toss an incomplete a pass, but the other team is offsides, but had NO effect on that play, they are still penalized. I say Jets 1-0.

20. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

As George Costanza would say "I'm going to have to plead ignorance in this case. If someone had told me it was wrong to have sex in the workplace..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.