Question about practice...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Drew, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

Do they still do the routine where they will stretch by the bleachers and then move over to the 2nd field? I remember this always happening and people in the bleachers with good seats would get pissed.

If anyone knows this will help greatly.

2. BinocMan

BinocMan New Member

The situation varies. Somedays all of the scrimmage type work is done on the grass field. Other days it's on the turf. They have to prepare for both surfaces. I would imagine a 2PM practice on a 90 degree day might be on the grass. But usually the offense hangs by the bleachers, and the "D" is on the grass.

I brought a friend once, and all the contact work was on the grass - bummer. I walk 5 miles as day, but hate standing. But I get up high in the bleachers and let my 10X binoculars bring the action to me. Now that they pipe in that loud sound, a good clue as to where today's scrimmaging will take place would be the location of the speakers.

3. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Practice ?? We are talking Practice? Cmon man, Practice? Not a game, Not a game.. Practice..

-Iverson

4. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I am always most interested in the 11 on 11's, and it's easy to figure out which field that will take place on... look for those aerial sort of construction stands ... there are 3 of them, and they will each have a camera man taking practice tape.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Here's what you have to do at TC: be fluid. Sunday morning I moved no less than 4-5 times, back and forth, from the bleachers to the fence and back again. Yes, it's a PITA, but if you want to watch certain drills you've got to move. So, be fluid and travel light. No heavy bag to carry around, no seat cushions, huge thermos', coolers, etc to slow you down. Be able to leave your seat on a moment's notice and move back over to the fence/bleachers.

I get there early and usually set myself up in the bleachers first. I still do that... up high at the top row. Nugent will always be there early and can be seen kicking, which in itself is fun to watch. But be mindful of the three camera positions, which are a dead giveaway as to where most of the day's action will be. It'll also be where the disc jockey will be. So, even though you're in the bleachers and most of the fans are there watching this stuff, be mindful that when the practice starts, you may have to move and move quickly to the fence.

But then later, if you want to watch the QB's in skeleton drills, for example, you may have to go back over to the bleachers. There's always a spot somewhere, so don't get hung up with "losing your seat," you're only there for 20-30 minutes anyway.

Travel light and be able to switch positions between the bleachers and the fence. Here's my ideal "ditty bag," which is usually nothing more than a heavy duty supermarket shopping bag containing:

1) A couple of bottles of water
    2) Sunscreen
    3) Binoculars
    4) Sunglasses/Reading Glasses (for the program)
    5) An umbrella