Kendall a no show at OTA's...could he be on his way out???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, May 31, 2007.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

During the presser, Mangini stated that Kendall did not show up for OTA's and expressed how important participation is.

Could Kendall be on his way out because of his mouth and now because of his absence?

Or should we not look into it too deeply?

2. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

I think he very well could be on his way out.

He seems to have grown bigger balls b/c he is well liked in the locker room and feels he can use that to his contractual advantage. Mangini may very well make an example of him. Tomorrow will be very telling with cuts, let's wait and see.

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the team has possibly informed him that they will release him tomorrow and said don't bother making the trip...

Anyway Bender can play LG if Kendall leaves? I know he projects to OT, but I wouldn't mind adding even more youth to the Oline

4. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Did you watch the press conference on newyorkjets.com?

I'm trying too, but I'm not getting any sound.

5. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

i would hate to see miami pick him up for nothing though

6. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I don't know. There isn't much there behind Kendall to play the position. I think Bender projects better as a run stuffing OG than OT. But he is a 6th rounder, so him starting his first year is not a very appealing option. If they were going to cut Kendall they should have made more of an effort to upgrade the position this offseason. I have a feeling Kendall stays around, out of necessity than anything else.

7. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

We can't afford to lose him, nor for miami to pick him up.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm considering him good as gone. This sucks. The filthy Pats will probably sign him. Not only was he our starting guard but our backup center. Who fills in?

9. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

IMO Adrian Clarke will beat Kendall out! He is much bigger, stronger and experienced too! He has 4 starts with the EAGLES.

10. Joe W. Namath

Joe W. Namath New Member

Kendall is way overrated by Jet fans. He is the main reason we can run the ball. 280lbs offensive linemen just dont get it done anymore.

Kendell is a goner and that is a good thing for the Jets.

11. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

i also don?t get any sound.

@topic: i think Kendall just wants more money, he knows, that there isn?t much behind him, and that he would get at least the same money he gets here from the Dolphins if we cut him. So one way or the other, he?s going to get more his $. He couldn?t do it last year, cuz we sucked, we would be able to put in a young player for him without anybody expecting much, but now we?re a playoff team, and we can?t afford to loose a starter without having a proper replacement. He?s just playing this smart.

So the question is: what options do we have?

1. give him more mony. i belive he wants 1M more. he than would make about 2.7 M. that?s way too much for a overrated, undersized and aging Guard.

2. Cut/Trade him and bring somone in to replace him. I can?t think of a good option here. Andruzzi? y not? not could be worse? Faneca? He isn?t happy in Pittsburgh anymore! what would we have to give up for him?

3. Cut/Trade him, and replace him with someone already on the team. I don?t think bender is the man here, he was a develpmental pick it won?t help him to put him on another positon and send him out there. he needs some time to grow into his role, we could screw him up by putting him in to early on a position, that?s not his natural. Adrian Jones? He didn?t work out as a starting T. he will be a desaster as a Starting G!

So i think if he doesn?t stop bitching around, we should try to trade him (maybe we get a 4th rounder from the Phins) and try to bring in either Andruzzi (i belive he?s a FA?) or Faneca (get a 4th for Kendall and bring in Faneca for a 3rd sound pretty good). I don?t know what the value of Faneca and Kendall is and i really don?t like giving up a 1st Day pick, but i don?t think we should overpay him (not capvise, but to state an example. it could be dangerous if players see his stategie work out) and i don?t think we can replace him with somone on the team.

This really is a fucked up situation, i wonder how our FO is handling this.

12. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

sry, doublepost.

13. KleckoNamathToon

I don't mean to hijack this thread NJJETS, but I love "The Princess Bride".

"There's dead and there's mostly dead"

Anyway, I like Kendall but it's not the end of the world if he leaves. We have Wade smith as a backup center, we have Bender, Goddard, Clarke, Jones, Turner and even McChesney as possible options. I'm sure we can survive.

14. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I doubt this one. If the Jets had told Kendall that they were planning to release him, Kendall and his agent would that want to be known to the rest of the league. This way, people wouldn't be saying that he wasn't showing up to OTAs.

15. Pride

Pride New Member

The 49ers want to get rid of Justin Smiley. He's only 25 and he is all ready an established really good guard in the NFL. Go to the 49ers and offer up maybe Kendal and a 3rd?

16. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

I'd love to see the Jets lose their starting LG and get zip for him, especially if they replace him with a rookie or a high priced FA.

Kendall will not hold out and give up a check. To let him go is giving in to him and any other vet who wants more $$$. If this is theway Tangini goes this season, expect a big step...backwards.

17. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

That just fills me with confidence. The run blocking was bad enough last year and won't be much better this year, add in one of those guys instead of Kendall and it will be a complete disaster. Honestly..Goddard? Clarke? who?...Jones? Please god not again...Turner? who?...McChesney?...Too soon for Bender...Smith is only a decent backup, don't want him starting all year. If you want to be a playoff team, just sticking anyone in on the oline and "survive" the year isn't good enough. I had enough of that when Herm/Bradway were here.

18. TheFactor

TheFactor New Member

Sorry folks no Joe Andruzzi...

he was just diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma and is starting chemo asap.

sucks.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think that if the Jets had decided that Kendall had nothing in the tank, he would have been released already. It's either that they'll trade him or that they will meet behind closed doors and come to some sort of agreement, but we have seen with McCareins that a player can be in this CS's doghouse and still not get the axe if they make an attempt to impress the CS - most of the time in practice and on STs.

The thing I love most about this CS is that it's very practice-oriented, where Herm's practices were less than emphasized. Mangini talks about practice non-stop during his pressers in the offseason, he is sharpening his weapons.

20. rillo

rillo New Member

Man...we should @ least try and get something for him.....just dont let him walk away

#20 rillo, Jun 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007