Cam Cameron is an idiot....

Discussion in 'Draft' started by dclark26, Apr 28, 2007.

1. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

Well I don't know who the brain trust behind Ted Ginn at number 9 but they need their heads examined. If they wanted Ginn, they shoulda picked Anthony Gonzalez, who if you ask me is better than Ginn. the Colts stole him at 32. The Dolphins once again pass on a franchise QB

2. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

the video of him getting booed and basically clapping for himself is hillariousss

3. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

It looks like Dolphin fans are pissed.

4. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

We got the Qb we wanted when we selected Qb J. Beck in the second. Mueller / Cameron liked him more than Quinn, and that's why we passed on him. They were more comfortable taking Beck in the second, and feel he was a better / just as good prospect as Quinn. Time will tell....

We also filled the a huge hole at WR drafting WR T. Ginn, {we lost Welker / and may be trading / releasing Booker}. Ginn turned out to be a solid choice after all was said and done, and he's the kind of player who can change the game on one play. Maybe not the most popular choice at #9, but getting Beck made it more understandable. Again, time will tell....

The bottom line is that even though pick #9 seemed odd, Miami did what they had to do, they filled some of the holes on offense on day one, {WR / QB / C / RB}. Nothing wrong with that draft in my opinion. Not great, but certainly not as bad as some are making it out to be....

5. lightning

lightning Active Member

If you take a guy in the top 10 he better be your number one receiver. And ginn isn't that type of player. He's a very good player, but he's not a one.

6. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Beck is going to be 26 by opening day. Ginn is a third wide reciever who is maybe 180 pounds. Beck was drafted well above where most projected him. He may be good at some point but what if he's 28/29 when he becomes good?

7. Rhodes_25

Rhodes_25 New Member

does anyone know why Beck is so old??

8. GreenMachine

BYU...he is a Mormon and left school to do mission work.

9. lightning

lightning Active Member

Not everyone at BYU is a mormon. He may be, but i know a couple people who went there to get away from people. Everyone that lives there originally is probably mormon, so you're half right.

10. lightning

lightning Active Member

Beck was not drafted too high. Some actually thought someone may trade into the late first to grab him before teams like Cle and Det did.

11. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

You da man GM. :up:

QB of the Future?
    Posted Apr 28, 2007

The Dolphins wanted to come out of the 2007 draft with a quarterback of the future, and after passing up the chance to get Brady Quinn in the first round they settled on Brigham Young's John Beck with the eighth pick of the second round, the 40th overall.

Beck might not have the physical attributes that Quinn possesses, but there certainly was nothing wrong with his production at BYU.
    As a senior, Beck completed an impressive 69.3 percent of his passes while throwing for 3,885 yards with 32 touchdowns and only eight interceptions.

In 2005, Beck's numbers included a 64.5 completion percentage, with 3,709 yards, 27 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

Because he served a three-year Mormon mission, Beck will be 25 years old during the 2007 NFL season. He is married and his wife recently gave birth to a son.

On that day, incidentally, Beck got a congratulatory phone call from Dolphins GM Randy Mueller.

Beck was the second quarterback picked in the second round after the Eagles surprised many by drafting Houston's Kevin Kolb.

The Dolphins also were very much interested in Stanford's Trent Edwards, and Beck said after being drafted that he was almost certain the Dolphins would take either Edwards or him after they passed on Quinn earlier.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=2&c=639699

12. GreenMachine

No...I am fully right. He is a Mormon that went to BYU( A Mormon School)..And went on a Mission.:up:

13. lightning

lightning Active Member

SO WHAT!? how many non-catholics go to St. Johns?

So then i think it shows that he is committed if he's spreading the word that he thinks and many think jesus came to america at some point, because it's obvious you know for a FACt that he was on a mission.

Good pickup for the fish either way

14. GreenMachine

Research, my friend...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Beck_(American_Football_player)
    Both of his parents are Mormons...

15. lightning

lightning Active Member

16. GreenMachine

Gotcha... I should have been more specific. I am sure he was heralded.:wink:

17. lightning

lightning Active Member

Yes, very much so :lol:

18. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon New Member

as a Dolphins fan, I don't care wht number receiver Ginn is. This team NEEDS playmakers. He can do that from anywhere on the field. Screens, reverses, deep balls, returns. This is someone the Dolphins needed.

19. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

Deep down inside you know the Dolphins had a bad draft. Look at what the rest of the Dolphin nation is saying. Lets face it most teams have bad drafts, it just happens (unless your the Patriots for the last 5 yrs and the Colts since the Manning era began). Cam Cameron's explanation as taking Ginn because he has "known his family for ten years", and he will be a good "punt returner" is in-excusable and really embarrassing. If your honest with yourself you will admit that the Fins have glaring holes just about everywhere else, especially offensive line. Yeah they have a decent core of receiver's, but Tedd Ginn in the top 10? No way. Nick Saban left Miami a train wreck.