Jets News 3/16

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Mar 16, 2006.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

FALCS' SCHAUB WON'T BE JET
    http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/65398.htm

2. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Skins' Ramsey might fit well as backup QB
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjets164664125mar16,0,47305.story?coll=ny-jets-print

3. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Abraham visits Seahawks in seattle
    http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1142489362199640.xml&coll=1

4. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I like the fact hydro that you put multiple stories in one thread vs making 3 diffrent threads.

5. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

This would be perfect as long as the Jets receive add'l draft picks along w/ the 31st overall. That way, they can move up to get Leinart by trading with either Houston or New Orleans (whoever asks for less - per NFL network, equal value would be the #4 overall, 2nd round + 3rd round) and still have a first round pick. Maybe Nick Mangold @ 31? New franchise QB & C in same round? Yeah baby :up:

6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know how Cannizzaro comes up with this 'translation'. Mora said he 'values' Schaub. That just means he isn't going to give him away, it doesn't mean he is dead set against trading him.

7. mainejetsfan

mainejetsfan New Member

Good Postings

These are good postings. What is becoming clear is that Abraham is pricing himself out of the market; my guess is that he will settle for a much smaller bonus than he envisions and a less than top-notch salary. Not to mention that everyone seems to think that the Jets are willing to be taken in a deal...maybe that's the Bradway legacy.

8. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

no problem man... i like it this way easier to read everything.

9. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Jets' QB search far & wide
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/story/400058p-338958c.html

#9 hydro51, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  10. mkcatl

mkcatl New Member

Is Rich Cimini suggesting that the raiders might give up their 7th for Abe or do yo u think it would involve us swaping our pick with them also

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think we would have to throw something extra in; like our other 4th round pick or something along those lines.

The Abe deal is one of our last hurdles to get passed. Drafting, while challenging, will be easier by comparison.

As time passes, the 2nd and 3rd rounder from ATL is starting to not look so bad.

12. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Cannizaros an idiot, and hes setting himself up to look like one. Hes stated definetively that the Jets wont acquire a player that the Jets are in ongoing trade discussions to acquire. The Falcons have something the Jets want, and the Jets have something the Falcons want, its stupid to assume that theres no possibility of a trade going through.

ESPECIALLY since Schaub is in the last year of his contract. Theyve got one year of backup work ahead of him, after that he hits free agency, that makes him anything but untradable. The Falcons are balking because they think hes going to be a great player and they want to get a lot in a trade so it doesnt look like they got fleeced in hindsight.

13. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Jets | Team makes offer to A. Chatman
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:00:13 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets have made a contract offer to free agent WR Antonio Chatman (Packers).

Jets | Team wants to re-sign C. Baker
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:06:43 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets still would like to re-sign free agent TE Chris Baker (Jets).

Jets | Team talking contract with Kassell
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:07:06 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets are talking contract with free agent LB Brad Kassell (Titans), according to his agent. His agent said two other teams are also talking with Kassell.

Jets | No interest in K. Johnson
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:12:21 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets are not interested in a reunion with free agent WR Keyshawn Johnson (Cowboys).

14. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

Will the Jets be addressing their offense at all in FA ???

15. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Mangini is a defensive guy so he is probably more interested in getting guys who can play the 3-4. And if you play solid defense, at least you have a chance to be in every game.

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Well it says in the post above that we just made an offer to a WR and wish to retain Baker, also a FA- so I guess the answer to that question is "yes." Plus, all of the QB talk has to count for something

#16 KOZ, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  17. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

Somebody should tell the falcons that in order to get a high caliber player they need to give up something of value. They are being cheap by taking out the only things the jets are interested in. I would rather keep abe another year than give him up to the cheap falcons. If they want abe give up schaub or a first rounder. I mean come on look what culpepper got and he was injuried almost all of last year. Even though Abe has an injury problem its clear he produces when he plays, so if they want to be cheap the Jets should walk away.

18. Attyla

Attyla New Member

I would be suprised if the Raiders give the 7th for Abraham. While he is a good player with a lot of upside, he does not compare well with the top 7 players over all, when you consider his injuries.

Also, while the Raiders have cap space, a franchised DE will eat up much of that space, making signing any other FA or draftees very tough.

I just dont see it. You might be stuck with Abraham this season

19. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

Jets plan on locking up Kassell and keeping Chris Baker.

Jets | Team talking contract with Kassell
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:07:06 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets are talking contract with free agent LB Brad Kassell (Titans), according to his agent. His agent said two other teams are also talking with Kassell.

Jets | Team wants to re-sign C. Baker
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:06:43 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets still would like to re-sign free agent TE Chris Baker (Jets).

20. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I hate to tell you, but we have that under Jets news. I like both moves though.