Everyone Is An Expert - Larry David

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hwismer, Apr 4, 2007.

1. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

From Foxsports.com:

Jets meet with actor Larry David?

Larry David, creator of the television series Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm, has offered up his views on what he thinks the Jets should do to New York's general manager Mike Tannenbaum, according to Adam Shefter of the NFL NETWORK.

David met last weekend in Los Angeles with Tannenbaum and Jets head coach Eric Mangini, who were in the area to scout college prospects. David grew up in in the Sheepshead Bay section of Brooklyn and is as big a fan of the Jets as Tannenbaum and Mangini are of his.

Once again, David weighed in with his draft views, supplying Tannenbaum and Mangini with his own scouting reports and draft recommendations.

Posted April 04, by Ben Maller

2. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well... at least Larry David is a fan too... lets hope we take his advice with a grain of salt ha ha

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Don't listen to Larry David!! The real experts are here on the ganggreen.com!!!

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

this is just an example of another person in Hollywood trying to throw their weight around in an attempt to influence something he has no place trying to influence...

its like me saying since i was a Jet fan, Mangini and Mr. T should take my mock draft and use it....

these guys need to learn to stick to their thing...for David thats creating TV shows...not telling Mangini who he should draft

5. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I wasn't aware that Larry David was a Jets fan. That's completely awesome.

(Can't wait for Season 6)

6. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I remember an episode where Larry was watching a football game (and ignoring his wife when she came home and wanted attention). But I'm pretty sure it was a Giants game.

7. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Yeah that is pretty cool.

Then again I'm pretty pissed off. If you know that show Seinfeld well then you would know the Jets were NEVER EVER mentioned! It was always the Giants... I even made a topic about this a few years back. What the shit is that about? Screw you Larry David!

8. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

OF COURSE IT WAS!!!

I'm starting to think he isn't a jets fan at all. He wants to screw with us because he's a hater.

9. hickeyQB15

hickeyQB15 New Member

yea that is messed up

10. The U

The U Member

Why would they meet with him? Gotta be BS, I don't buy it.

11. TheSkyHadABaby

I won't worry about Mangini listening. It's the same thing as Billy Crystal or Gulliani at Yankee games. He's a fan and is having a good time relax.

12. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

im pretty sure he was watching a jets game in that episode

13. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

And I'm pretty sure there was an episode of Seinfeld where Jerry went to a Jets game. Although I seem to remember the announcer of the game saying there was a fumble and the Jets lost the ball.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

im a fan having a good time, doesnt mean i should recommend players to Mangini...thats why we leave it to the pros, not the pubilc

15. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

The only problem is that Mangini probably wanted to meet Larry David. He has no desire to the same with you.

16. Paddock

Paddock Member

Maybe Larry's advice was pretty good.... prettay prettay prettay good

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

thats great...obviously bro[​IMG]

all kidding aside...

Im just saying that just because he is a creator of great TV shows, doesnt mean he should be giving Mangini pointers and hints on who to pick...

after all, us tgg'ers are the smartest of all, he should ask us

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I think you are taking this far too seriously. the liklihood that Larry David was actually trying to seriously convince them of players they should take is probbaly nil. seems far more like a simple meeting between famous people who are mutual fans of each other, and in the course of the lunch probably just exchnaged ideas and opinions off the cuff.

do you really believe a tv producer would actually sit down with a football coach and GM with the sole purpose to give scouting reports and player profiles, and expect to be taken seriously?

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

and just because you are a message board fan doesn't mean you should be giving tv producers pointers and hints about what pointers and hints they should be giviong to football coaches and GM's. see how ridiculous that sounds when you are actually arguing that seriously.

20. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

just spoke with newman and he said kramer thinks he could compete with nugent. i guess larry was putting a good word in for kramer.