Jets Attending Villanova pro day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

who knows what they're doing looking at this kid at this point. unless they're bringing him in as another gadget player -- which would be interesting, i dont see the need. hmm.

2. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

But maybe we should give him a shot, his numbers sound good.

Maybe they think Clemens needs some Challange, Chad will be our starting QB next year and Tui will be gone next Offseason, so maybe they fear, that Kellen won?t be progressing as he could if he thinks he?ll be our QB whatever happens in 2-3 years. so it could be a good move, to bring in another young QB, that has a advantage of mobility over Kellen, to push him and keep him working on hisself.

I don?t think Burroughs will be more than a QB, his speed/size comparison doesn?t sound that impressive, that he could be a good Special teamer or even D-player.

3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

http://jetscentral.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1174843464&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

also going to check out their safety...

4. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Bacchus is a player and is always around the ball. Trust me, after seeing him play about a bunch of games Burroughs will not be an NFL QB.

5. burkettbeststp

burkettbeststp New Member

as someone said earlier free agent to 7th round pick probably looked at be another brad smith. also bradway's son plays for nova so he might have gone there as a favor to the nova coach.

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Bacchus is a player, but Burroughs is not an NFL QB. He's got a good arm, and can just flick the ball down the field, but he doesn't make good decisions and has no accuracy at all. He's got decent speed for a quarterback, but not for another position. He's also already 23 years old, which is pretty old for a D1AA quarterback. He should have had more success with us last year.

Although, to be fair to him, he did have a broken leg last season, which he may have been slow to recover from. I did not see him in previous seasons, when he was considered to be a better QB I believe.

Bacchus can play though. He was around the ball virtually every play. It would be awesome if he can be an NFL player, so I can actually wear a Nova football jersey that isn't Westbrook. We did have two Nova guys in camp last year, and Adams is still on the practice squad, so hopefully one of them can stick.