Trade Rumors over Moss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsfan119, Mar 7, 2007.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

you know what they say , " A rolling stone gathers no moss" :lol:

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Oooh, I read that backwards at first glance and thought you wrote "a stoned Moss gathers no..."

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Thats alot better!!
    :lol: :jets:

4. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

The Jets have such a rich history in signing big name free agents every year ? I can?t imagine there is any way a trade for Moss won?t happen.

I?m also expecting us to work a deal with a few of our picks for Carson Palmer as well?

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like the Chad-Moss connection and I see it working for a while until chad hits a bad streak, then how long will a guy like randy moss put up with ducks until he unweaves the very fabric of the team that Mangini has put together.

6. mr.bogal

mr.bogal Member

I would like to see this happen, just for bragging rights of how to use a second round pick

Jets - 2nd round pick (jacked from Wash) = Thomas Jones and Randy Moss
    NE - 2nd round pick and 7th round pick = Wes Walker
    Miami - 2nd round pick = A.J. Feely
    2nd round pick = Daunte Culpepper

As for Moss calming down, I dont see that as a problem. Him being on a losing team for the last couple of years, should have helped him a bit.

7. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Personally I think that we are better off focusing on the OL. Get the protection and the running game going and our receivers will have great years!

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I could not agree more. He is the perfect fit for what this offense is lacking. Plus he loves Chad so that might help his attitude. I doubt we will do it, but to me, its a no brainer

9. csw572

csw572 Banned

I dont know how in favor of this trade i am, but lets take a look at something. What team has the ability to cover coles, cotchery and moss at the same time? Whether its a pass or run play you have to be in some serious coverage when all three are on the field. The only answer to the 3 of them is extra defensive backs. That could easily open up the run game. The NFL is all about matchups and having those 3 recievers would definately make it hard on defenses.

10. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/03/07/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

If they're shopping J-Mac, who do they have in mind to take his place? Dwight?

11. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

12. 1010

1010 New Member

My first post on this board, so hello to all.

The Moss/Pennington history is interesting, but this team is not about adding guys with questionable character. It was obvious in the trade of Abraham last year, and the type of guys that are here now. The wrong attitude could ruin the Mangini system. Of course, the intrigue is definitely there, Moss is a Super talent.

In reference to who takes J-Mac's place, it has to be Brad Smith. He should play a MUCH bigger role this year. I am excited to see him catch some more passes as the 3rd receiver. I think he is much better than we saw last year.

13. amsingh

amsingh New Member

As soon as Chad starts throwing him ducks Moss will come out saying that "Chad is nothing like he used to be" and make everyone lose confidence in him.

Maybe that's a good thing.

14. Gator

Gator Active Member

Welcome

Personally, I'm getting a little sick of this 'character guy/Mangini guy' company line thing. Tom Brady is out impregnating chicks, Corey Dillion wasn't the best guy in the world, Joey Porter has been a complete tool....and they all won Super Bowls.

This character stuff can come back and bite us in the azz one day when we pass up players we need because of supposed character issues.

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I personally don't think we need to give up Coles to get Moss. Is Moss in a free agent year? Would we have to sign him to a new contract similar to T. Jones if we made the move for him giving up a 2nd rounder to get him? If not, then a 2nd rounder is a small price to pay for a WR the caliber of Randy Moss. Coles is the heart and soul of this team. The Raiders had Randy Moss, J Porter and R Curry at WR. Those are 3 "me" guys if I have ever seen it. Coles, Cotchery and Moss could coexist in NY just fine. I don't buy into not enough balls for them. If they're winning and all contributing, then they wont care about their stats. I hope we make a strong push for Moss cuz he could really open things up in the downfield passing game as well as being a tall possession receiver. Even tho his character issues will probably be the main factor in us not acquiring him.[/U]

16. jetsman22

jetsman22 Banned

You are questioning Tom brady's charactor? The guy has always been a class act. Especially to his team mates Are you kidding? So he is having a kid with his former girlfriend of three years. Maybe the birth control they used failed. Obviously it failed, unless you think adults dating for three years do not have sex. You make it sound like he is out getting random groupies pregnant. Which is not even close to the situation. Just because the guy is having a kid does not mean his charactor all the sudden went bad. A kid with a woman he dated for years, not some whore he met at a club. He stepped up and is going to be a dad. What the heck does that matter.

Corey Dillon is not the same as Randy Moss.... Corey never quit on his team. Corey always played hard , even in cinci.

Comparing Tom Brady to Randy Moss is laughable. Oh man, only on a jets forum....

#36 jetsman22, Mar 7, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  17. WestKyJetsFan

WestKyJetsFan New Member

character

If we're going on "character" shouldn't we be trading Coles away? (or more correctly, never have drafted him) I know he's squeeky clean of late, but didn't he have an issue in his past? In fact, wasn't it somehow tied to Randy Moss, if I remember?

Just goes to show you can put too much emphasis on character when we all know young rich people do stupid things from time to time.

That being said I don't want to be the Bengals either.

18. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Like it or not GM's are thinking about it when making decisions these days. So it is relivant for our discussions.

Cincy should be a good example of what happends when you put a bunch a punks on one team. Also, the examples you listed those teams had one or two punks, The core of those teams were made up of "team guys".

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

"If we're going on "character" shouldn't we be trading Coles away? (or more correctly, never have drafted him) I know he's squeeky clean of late, but didn't he have an issue in his past? In fact, wasn't it somehow tied to Randy Moss, if I remember?

Just goes to show you can put too much emphasis on character when we all know young rich people do stupid things from time to time.

That being said I don't want to be the Bengals either."

I hear what you're saying about the whole character thing being overrated. Yet, we're talking about lack of character or issues since these guys have been in the NFL. I could care less if Coles shopifted in college or what Randy Moss did at FSU or Marshall. They are now both property of the NFL and both have a track record since being in the pros. Coles' track record is being a good teammate and a standup guy. On the other hand, Moss is a continuing issue that always seem to rear its ugly head and has displayed a very poor track record at times wherever he's been. Coles has been a leader on and off the field. Moss has given up his team and had numerous other issues. I wouldnt compare Coles to Moss in terms of lack of character or having issues or whatever you wanna call it.

20. Gator

Gator Active Member

Take a look at Moss's career stats, then look at the list of Qbs that he's had. He goes to a team that has a good QB and he'll be Randy Moss again. My $0.02 ....