Next Potential Free Agent

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Nesquik, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

We've been surprisingly kinda busy this offseason, i aint really expect it reading alot how Mangini and Tannenbaum were really only focused on the draft and how they were gonna build through there.Thank God they didnt cause i like this better, i wa sjust wondering since we are being aggresive in this offseason ho would u like us to target next, there are still some good players left that have not been signed yet.

Me personally i want to see us bring in Ken Hamlin, i think he would fit perfectly on the side of Kerry, he is big hitter (as u see in the avi) and is very good in coverage.Our biggest need isnt safety but he is a big upgrade over Coleman and Smith.

Here is a list of some free agents
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?&action=upsell&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa

2. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

i dont see coleman being resigned this year. I see smith stepping up possible this year to take over as safety.

3. All Star

All Star Active Member

What do we need Hamlin for???

4. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

If the coaching staff is unhappy with Coleman, Eric Smith will probably get a chance to start.

There are too many holes to sign a guy like Hamlin.

5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

The only other Free Agent I really want is Marc Columbo...

6. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

I would not be surprised if we didnt hear anything coming out of Jets camp until after the draft at this point.

7. curtisstaysforever28

yup same. he'd be perfect for the jets...and yesterday i heard a rumor he was talkin to the jets or something..does anyone have info on that?

8. camp80

camp80 New Member

I think we need to fill other needs before we go after another safety.

9. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I don't really want him, just surprised no one picked up Lavar Arrington yet.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The staff is incredibly high on Eric Smith, as am I. He's going to be a future starting safety for this team, and he even saw time as a rookie. I hated the pick, but he's the perfect compliment to Rhodes. He's a tough hardnosed player who can tackle, and hit in the open field. He was said to be a bad athlete out of college because he didn't run a 4.01 like every damn scout seems to expect.

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

With Kerry Rhodes at one spot and either Eric Smith or Erik Coleman at the other safety position, we don't need any help there.

What we really need is a good RT. Of course, Columbo would be the ideal player. I'd even like to resign Anthony Clement to compete for the spot or just as a backup.

Also, I'd like to see us bring in either CB Nick Harper and/or David Bowens.

12. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

A lot can be done through the draft if we make some decent picks and/or moves. I am really starting to trust in Tangini. The Jones and the Coleman pickup plus the Cotch contract singing has really impressed me this off season. I was also impressed with their first draft last year with the Oline and Leon Washington picks. I can't wait for the draft this year. I have confidence that they will be as slick as they were last year.

We will be a much better team this year.

#12 fake_crs, Mar 6, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  13. Jetallica

Jetallica New Member

I think we should go after either Daniel Graham or Randy McMichael to increase or tight-end depth.
    Personally I like both of these tight ends because we have all seen how both are good offensive weapons.
    Graham - great blocker, good hands
    McMichael - great hands, decent blocker

I say we get Graham because Baker is a good recieving tight-end. Thus, when we went to double-tight-end set we would have both threats with blocking for the run and the recieving threat.

14. Jetallica

Jetallica New Member

well never mind I just read on ESPN News that the Broncos have signed Graham. There goes that. Well McMichael is still out there.

15. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I'm thinking Ian Scott, DT from the Bears would be a great signing. Anyone else like this guy? I can copy his Scouts, Inc. report if anyone wants.

16. JETSimpala

JETSimpala New Member

^ a report would be splendid.

17. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

How could you hate a 5th round pick?

18. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

You asked for it. You got it. Toyota.

Ian Scott | DT Complete player profile

Born: November 8, 1981
    Height: 6-3
    Weight: 302 lbs. Age: 25
    Pos: DT
    Experience: 4 years
    College: Florida
    Drafted: Year:2003 Round:4 Pick:19, Bears

Insider Analysis
    Grade 68
    Expert's Take: Ian Scott began the 2006 season as the starting nose guard but was eventually replaced with Tank Johnson and served in the defensive tackle rotation. Primarily a run defender, Scott does a good job of getting into his gap responsibility with his quickness yet he does not play as stout holding his position as his 302 pounds should let him. As an ascending player, additional experience will allow Scott to get a better feel when not to over pursue plays or get judo blocked out of position. Often stronger offensive linemen will push Scott past the hole making the interior susceptible to cutback runners. Down the stretch in the Bears championship season, this proved a liability as Scott was not effective stuffing the run at the point of attack. His athletic feet allow him to laterally stretch a play out allowing the linebackers to run and make the tackle. Scott does not bring much in terms of pass rushing ability with the exception of his quickness and relentless style of play. Scott does not play with enough leverage or power to push the inside, but possesses good hands and quick initial moves to get into proper position. He struggles to anchor the point versus double teams or powerful run blockers. Scott?s quickness serves him well when involved in line stunts and movement games upfront and his high motor will force his opponents to work the entire play. Look for Chicago to retain Scott for insurance and quality depth following the injury to Tommie Harris and the off field problems of Johnson. He brings versatility to the rotation and can play either nose or under tackle in the Bears defensive scheme. If the Bears must decide between Scott and Alphonso Boone expect Scott to get the nod due to the age difference and his solid upside.

So, yeah, Scouts, Inc. isn't so high on him but I think he has potential.

#18 Namath2Kolber, Mar 7, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

If we can manage to get Marc Colombo and David Bowens, I'd be pretty happy with our team heading into the draft.

20. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

smith was a 3rd...coleman was the 5th