Thomas Jones traded to the Jets...Deal Complete (Merged 5X)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Well, I was very impressed when I saw him play the Pats, and he seems to be a rock-em-sock-em type of guy. I just think he will compliment Washington quite well.

And if it doesn't work out, so be it, but at least your F.O. took a risk on a guy who has the potential to be a good grade "B" back.

2. QueensBearsFan

QueensBearsFan New Member

It's Thomas Jones Not Michael Pittman

Ok Bears fan back again. FYI for those debating the identity of the running back in the Tampa practice jersey, it's Thomas Jones. Three years ago when we signed him as a free-agent, we were all drooling over that picture as well. Michael Pittman is a quite a few shades lighter in pigment.

3. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

not everyone is going to like this trade. We are just going to have to except that. This deal is an absolute heist. unfortunately some have unrealistic expectations of our front office.

4. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

It's a fair deal for both teams and looks better to Jets fans b/c we got the pick from the 'skins for essentially nothing last draft.

The swap of 2nd rounders also gives the Jets flexibility to still use a pick to move up.

The only downside is TJ's contract...doesn't he become an FA after next season?

5. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

no there working out a extension. tj wants to be here. according to reports he told his agents to GET HIM TO NEW YORK.

6. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Great trade, we can always get quality players late in the second round. I bet a lot of my friends out here in Illinois will be upset at me for this trade!

7. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

my thing is that thomas was one of the last guys i wanted the jets to get. im sorry if my not being happy about the trade offends you...and he may have come from humble beginnings, but he aint humbled anymore.

would i rather have turner? honestly, yes. im tired of watching our RBs getting caught from behind. not being able to break off a run and finish it. my hand to god, i loved curtis, he was great. but i dont want a curtis-like runner without the curtis like talent....not to mention without the curtis like attitude. im not saying turners got better character, but he DEF has a much better upside, and its packed in to a younger body with less wear and tear on it.

and call turner unproven all you want, the only reason thats the knock on him is b/c hes playing behing the best back in the game. no doubt hed start on close to half the teams around the league.

8. Anarcho Fukayama

Anarcho Fukayama New Member

Essentially, when you look at the draft value chart, the Jets traded the 3rd pick in the 3rd round for Jones.

Fair?

9. QueensBearsFan

QueensBearsFan New Member

Thomas Jones Following Tiki Barber?

Ok, just throwing this out there but now that Thomas Jones is in New York there's a chance he could go Tiki Barber on you guys. TJ is a pretty articulate guy and also graduated from Virginia. He's intelligent, handles the media very well and has that charismatic TV personality. With the media exposure he's going to get in the Big Apple, there's a chance he could hang em up early and get a gig at the NFL network or something. I'll venture to say he'll call it quits in 3 to 4 years.

10. GreenMachine

Turner would have cost us a 1st and 3rd

Jones cost us basically a 3rd.

Nice try though

11. GreenMachine

3 to 4 years/ I am fine with that. Nobody here expects him to be our RB for 10 years.

12. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

You got a link on those reports? Not that I'm questioning you or anything, I'd just like to read them if true.

13. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

yes hes a FA after this year. the jets are gonna extend his contract (at least according to his agent). he wont be signing cheaply. so we will have a 30 yr old RB with a big contract....its a stop gap move, and def not the answer for the future. does this make the jets better in 07? no doubt, he upgrades the position for us. but ppl who think this is a great move because this will solve our RB issues for the next few years is mistaken. im glad that the team is better...

14. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

it was on sny. adam schien (sp?) Said he spokw to jones's agent.

15. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

uh, im not retarded. where exactly did i say anything about what turner would have or wouldnt have cost. instead of trying to pry words into my mouth, try and read what i wrote.

16. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I'm uneasy about this trade. I feel like it's one that could go either way and we won't know which way that is until we see him in action. We knew the Coles trade was going to work. Alot had doubts on Barlow. But I don't know about this one.

17. GreenMachine

I guess maturity is not your strong point.

18. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i actually changed what i wrote before you posted. shouldnt have said it. but my post had nothing to do with the cost to either player, as i didnt bring up turner. but if i were to choose...

19. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

we got the dance girls. not bad looking. esp the blonde!

20. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Fair enough, just good to hear that the man wants to be here :up: