Top 5 NFL QBs

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Mexican Buc, Apr 18, 2006.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Very accurate top 4 but everything about #5 is gunna get a lot of negative feedback. Vick is nowhere near a top 15 QB.

2. NYJalltheway

1. Manning
    2. Palmer
    3. Brees
    ~~~
    4. McNabb
    5. Bulger

3. UltimateSora91

UltimateSora91 New Member

As long as Manning, Brady, and Palmer is up there, I'm OK with the list.

4. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

1. Manning
    2. Palmer
    3. Brees
    4. Brady
    5. Bulger

5. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

While we're making new lists.

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady

Brady is hardly a system quarterback, but he is an outstanding quarterback who happens to play under one of the best coaches ever. If you switched their places, I don't think the success of the teams would be much different than it is now, with the exception that maybe Manning's Patriots would've been more dominant on offense.

3. Carson Palmer

One of only two other QB who I would classify as "elite", but still not good enough to overtake Brady. His statistics aren't that superior to the Dreamboat's, not enough to outweigh the success Brady has had.

4. Drew Brees

Three consecutive outstanding seasons in a row, including one that revived the Saints franchise and brought them to the cusp of the Super Bowl. He's the real deal.

5. Donovan McNabb

I don't like him, but when he's on, he's scary. Suffered some bad injuries the last two seasons, and if it happens again next year I'd bump him off. As of right now, however, he gets the benefit of the doubt.

Snubs?

-Marc Bulger

The people who harp on how underrated he is seem to overrate him. No doubt one of the most solid in the NFL, but not the kind of game changer the people I have rated above him can be. Another season like 2006, however, and I'll have a change of heart.

-Matt Hasselbeck

Proven tough guy, but 2005 was his only great season. In other words, he's very good, but not top 5.

Future?

-Phillip Rivers

I want to see what he does with more responsibility before I even consider it.

-Eli Manning

A few less picks and a few more points on his completion % and his numbers look like Hasselbeck's career average. Still not top 5 quality, but you never know. Just look at how awful Drew Brees' first two season were, it makes Eli look great. Learn to step into your throws, bitch.

- Matt Leinart & Jay Cutler

Not much more to say about these guys, they just have very bright futures ahead of them.

6. NYJalltheway

LTS I love your picks and reasoning...except I would add Vince Young to the future list...

7. OJDidIt

OJDidIt Banned

1) Ron Mexico
    2) Ron Mexico
    3) Ron Mexico
    4) Ron Mexico
    5) Ron Mexico

8. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Ok, I need to update my ugly list.

1. Brady
    2. Manning
    3. Bulger
    4. Brees
    5. Palmer

QB of the Future - Alex Smith

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

1. Manning
    2. Brady
    3. Palmer
    4. Brees
    5. Bulger

QB of the Future: Jay Cutler

10. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

tough to do just 5...so i did 20
    1. manning
    2. brady
    3. brees
    4. mcnabb
    5. palmer-this guy has won 0 playoff games and been once...no way thats top 4
    6. rivers-with LT he will win alot...and not have to do much
    7. mcnair- he is old, but he still wins...until that stops i'd keep him here
    8. pennington- in terms of talent he may be last, but in leadership and meaning everything to his team...he is #8
    9. v. young- this guy has his team behind him...(something vick lost) which makes him dangerous until he loses that
    10. tony romo- i think the dallas d was more to blame...a bit high on the list
    11. hasselbeck- this guy looked terrible all last season....i think he needs time to recover from some injuries
    12. marc bulger- some people have this guy top 5...but this guy does so much less with so much talent...he doesnt even win...you can count on a cardinals and 49ers loss every year
    13. favre
    14. vick- i think we forget how dangerous he was...and could still be....i hate vick, but he has been to the nfc championship and won a few playoff games
    give him a defense and tell him not to pass...and you can win 9 games
    15. grossman- terrible qb, but there is worse
    16. roethlisberger- only b/c he has a ring i put him here...batch should have started
    17. cutler
    18. trent green- this guy needs to retire and soon...he is the new bledsoe/warner
    19. leinart
    20. eli manning- this guy needs to work on his mechanics...single handedly losing games drops him on my list

11. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Well, Palmer has been surrounded by how much bullshit in Cincinnati? I give him a pass there. The Pennington comment is just sad. You can't be 8th if you think he's last in terms of talent. You're the only person rating Romo that high. He was a breath of fresh air in Dallas, but he's nothing more than average to above-average. Bulger is easily a top 5 QB based on talent/leadership, it's not his fault his defense fails at life. Roethlisberger is rated right, but your reasoning isn't right. He just walked into a great system.

12. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

i agree with the comments...
    in terms of chad, i guess i should consider being smart a skill... the guy is a game manager and one of the best...thats why i rank him so high...but i admit i have a blind love of pennington
    as for romo...i agree that he is average, but both him a vy have their teams believing in them
    i didnt understand the big ben response...i think roethlisberger is terrible and won b/c of the system...
    as for bulger...he is a top 5 fantasy qb...but he needs to win in spite of his bad defense

13. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

1.Brady-Did it this year with a bunch of cast-offs. It's not as if Philly and San Diego were loaded with receiving talent, and they both dumped the guys that STARTED down the stretch in New England. Also, he's a REAL Super Bowl MVP.

2.Manning- The best guy not named Brady, but Rex Grossman was the MVP of that Super Bowl...for the Colts.

3.Brees- Consistently puts up gaudy numbers with maximum efficiency. He is in no way physically gifted, but he makes it work.

4.Palmer- In college this guy looked like the next Vinny Testaverde. Up until his final season, he was a mentally incompetent guy with the physical tools to make it work. Since then, he has blossomed into the total package.

5.Hasselbeck- When he's hot, he's better than anyone. He had a rough go this year, but he should bounce back when everyone is healthy.

Anyone putting McNabb in the top 5 has to be joking. I like McNabb, but when Jeff Garcia and AJ Feely can step in and put up similar numbers, his value is questionable. Roethlisberger had a nice run last season, but this season exposed him as mistake prone, and there are rumors that he's not the hardest working guy out there, and with a Super Bowl already under his belt, it's going to be hard to change that.

-X-

14. daking231

daking231 Member

My Top 5 QB's as of 2/8/2007

1) Tom Brady
    2) Peyton Manning
    3) Donovan McNabb
    4) Carson Palmer
    5) Drew Brees

QB of the Future: Matt Leinart

15. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

1) Manning
    1A) Brady

(Big gap......)

3) Carson Palmer
    4) Drew Brees
    5) Toss up between Hasselbeck Mcnabb and Bulger (I'd take McNabb, but his injuries are scary)

16. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Now that they're all drafted in the current draft, here's my top 10 of right now (doesn't mean they'll be the same in 2 years):

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Carson Palmer
    5. Matt Hasselbeck
    6. Mark Bulger
    7. Philip Rivers
    8. Vince Young
    9. Donovan McNabb
    10. Actually... he's not taken yet