We could get a thanksgiving game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rhodes_25, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Rhodes_25

Rhodes_25 New Member

......next year if the cowboys play on cbs......meaning they have to play an afc team and they only play 2 afc teams at home...only problem is its either us or the pats and it will have to be on cbs...

what do u think?

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I find it hard the NFL/CBS won't put the Patriots...Tom Brady vs. Tony Romo could be the only reason why New England would be put over the Jets...

Had Parcells still been coaching then no question it'd be Pats/Cowboys with the whole Belichick/Parcells matchup...The Jets have a shot, but New England will get it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing considering the short week.

3. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

I don't really want to see the Jets on Thanksgiving Day. It would be fun to watch my favorite team on national television, but the following sunday would be too difficult, like a 2nd bye week.

4. NYJets317

NYJets317 New Member

I would like to see the Jets on thanksgiving. I have never seen them play on thanksgiving and I would like the extra time off between weeks to set up a playoff push.

5. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

it would be entertaining to watch, and would give the nation a look at mangini and company, but i really don't like that long week after

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be the best scenerio for the Jets with the short week plus the travel. I have a strong funny feeling, however, that CBS will surprise and pick Jets-Cowboys over Patriots-Cowboys. .....

7. joejets1

joejets1 Member

The reason I think the Jets might play on Turkey Day is because Pats/Boys will generate a good rating whenever it is put on meaning why waste a good TV game when everyone is going to watch football anyway. From a network standpoint for a normal sunday it is better to have the Boy's and Pats play Sunday Afternoon.

8. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Agreed...I would do the same.

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I have always said no matter what the cost if the Jets ever played in 1 of 2 games I would spend the money to be there. One of them the Super Bowl and the other Thanksgiving. I agree with the Pats/Cwboys being a highly rated game so why waste Thanksgiving on it. Hopefully I'll be eating deep fried turkey in Big D next year.......

Plus it guaruntees that the NY market will be watching the 2nd game next year

10. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

they'll put brady before the jets

11. jets95674137498

Unless the Jets get a marque, breakout player, we won't be getting a Thanksgiving game.

The power of Brady compells you! >>

12. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'd love a thanksgiving game, and I think we get it too. The appeal of the pats is dying, and the appeal of the jets is rising.

13. jets95674137498

Brady sells ads. Selling ads = money. Money = Happy NFL.

THUS WE CAN CONCLUDE BRADY = MONEY = HAPPY NFL

14. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

I'd rather not see the Jets on Turkey Day... I'd rather enjoy my dinner, sit and be fat on the couch, and enjoy the triptofan dozing in and out of consciousness, and not have to worry about missing anything.

Ellis

"Eating Turkey likes its my job on T-Day"

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

They could always put Pats-Cowboys on another big prime time game, it doesn't have to be Thanksgiving. But it does present them with an easy opportunity to do it on Thanksgiving. I remember our 1985 Thanksgiving game at Detroit, it wasn't that much fun. I missed most of it driving to see relatives and we lost the game.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the only way the Jets play Dallas on Turkey Day is if Parcells actually does sign with the Jets as a consultant.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

this is true, there is something wierd about not watching the Jets play on Sunday, i would rather they not play Thanksgiving since i already enjoy that day without watching the Jets

Sundays just seem so boring when i cant watch my JETS!!

18. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

turducken and jets football? life doesnt get much better than that my friends

19. Welcome to J-Ville

Welcome to J-Ville New Member

i'd rather have the jets play on sunday b/c that way we can watch the patriots lose and jets win on TV rather than just the jets winning.

20. 20&out

20&out New Member

Why would anyone possibly want the jets to play a road game with only one day to prepare? (Mon off, tues prep, wed travel)