Cards hire Richie Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pam, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Oh crap, I hit the wrong button before I typed in Anderson. :mad: Can a Mod fix it for me? Pretty please? :grin:

Per KFFL :)

2. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Good for him, he was always more of an H-Back anyway. His versatility in his pro days should come in handy as TE's coach.

3. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Thanks for fixing.[​IMG]

4. Ten

Ten Active Member

That's another one of our coaches left... :sad:

Although I can't see Richie Anderson the assistant wide receiver coach being the secret behind our success so we'll manage.

5. iLoveJets

iLoveJets New Member

Great hire for the Cards

6. GreenMachine

No problem..

7. Coach K

Coach K New Member

anderson teaching Leonard Pope how to catch. uh oh.......i smell another premier TE.

on another note this pisses me off since anderson was one of my fav jets and i was happy to have him on staff.

oh well this is a better oppertunity for him and i wish him the best. since, you know. i talk to him. :smile:

8. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

richie anderson, one of the last great fullbacks....makes me miss jerald sowell even more....sigh...where have you gone larry centers?

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

haha larry centers. nice.

dont forget alstott.

our only hope left appears to be Karney from the saints.

10. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

alstott fumbles too much for my liking, and he is more of a short yardage back, were as anderson, centers, and sowell were receving backs...but i like what i saw from karney, especially that game against dallas

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

im not calling him a recieving threat, although for most of his career he could catch.

honestly he fell off the last few years, but I've lived in tampa for a while and I watched most of his career. He was a complete psycho and beast, he should be a future hall of famer. they treated him like a RB, the d almost always knew the ball was going to him. and he just straight flattened people.

5088 rushing yds, 3.7 avg 58 td's 26 runs over 20 yards. converted for 324 first downs

his rookie year he had 557 recieving yards and 3 td's

2284 recieving yds for 13 td's for 113 first downs

over 7,000 all purpose yards and 71 td's.

hes a top all time FB in my opinion.

12. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Wasnt he also RB's coach?

This opens up a nice little spot for a future HOF RB that cant play anymore due to injuries and has been the icon of the Jets for the last several years.

13. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

alstott was a great short yardage back, but as far as blocking too, i was never that impressed by him....although i was stoked this year on thanksgiving when the bucs brought in sowell at fullback and alstott at tailback and our man j-sowell paved the way for an alstott touchdown....maybe the bucs should have done that all year, its not like cadillac williams had an awesome year (or michael "steriod abuser" pittman for that matter either)

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

not only steroids, but wife beater too.

i know you look for a more complete FB. but I love that in a FB. you hand him the ball and your guaranteed 3 to 4 yards 9 times out of 10. someone who imposes there will on a defense.

thats what i liked about alstott.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Cs

From Tom Rocks blog @ Newsday

Another Coach Bolts
    By Tom Rock

The Arizona Cardinals announced Richie Anderson as their new tight ends coach today, leaving yet another subtle hole on the Jets coaching staff. Separately these departures may not mean much ? Corwin Brown left as a defensive backs coach earlier this month to become defensive coordinator at Notre Dame ? but it?ll be interesting to see how the team?s personality changes with the departure of all those Parcells/Belichick Guys. Apparently those are also Ken Whisenhunt Guys as well, as there?s also some noise that Bryan Cox will be on his way to Arizona and Maurice Carthon, also of that tree, was hired as a running backs coach.

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Well, outside of Becht's blocking, I haven't seen anything profound out of our TE's in years, so I don't chalk this one up as a substantial loss...

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

When other teams start promoting your assistant coaches, it can only be a good sign. It seems that other teams in the league have respect for the Jets coaching staff.

18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I really hope we don't lose Cox. I think he could be a very good DC.

19. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I thought Corwin Brown was a big loss, and I want to keep Cox as well, but I think the personality fitlers down from Mangini not up from Richie Anderson.

20. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I am not worried. Mangini was able to find all of these "diamonds in the rough" so to speak last year when he was new and was given no respect. Now after a year and a lot of respect from around the league, he will be able to find some really quality replacements.

It really does say something when teams try to raid your coaching staff.