FIRE NATHANIEL HACKETT NOW!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Oct 6, 2024.

1. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

I’m certainly on board with firing Saleh and Middleton is a good choice for an interim replacement. Let Ulbrich stick with the D.

Dowling had a middle of the road first year as OC of the Titans and a disastrous second year. He was fired after that. He wasn’t working with a future HoF QB however and isn’t related to one of the Jets most head scratchingly terrible OCs so maybe he can get it done here.

2. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

The one game Middleton got to coach he won, Ironically the jets put up 26 points that game, more points than Jets have put up in any game this season with a hall of fame quarterback, and that was with Wilson and a terrible Jets 2021 squad who got 4 wins all season. He was more animated that game than I have ever seen Saleh, he may not be the Saviour, but what do we have to lose at this point? We have a loser who is lifetime .353 as head coach, and refuses to hold players accountable. Anyone with a ounce of brain matter can tell you the Jets will not make the playoffs with Robert Saleh as the head coach, so what do we have to lose by trying Middleton?

Fiftynine likes this.
  3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

5 games now we haven’t been able to run the ball. What’s Hackett’s strategy? “keep doing what we’re doing, it’ll be fine.”

5 fucking games, have we tried using a FB? Delayed handoff? Play action on an obvious run play? Anything?? No, it’s keep doing what we’re doing it’ll be fine. The mentality is top down. There is nobody pressuring Hackett to change.

4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

His hiring, also with that of Adam Gase, will go down as one that I KNEW was a bad idea from day one.

HomeoftheJets and REVISion like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They had Conklin and Ruckert inline blocking against the Pats and it was pretty effective. Obviously we needed to throw that out and put in more empty backfield sets.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is definitely the most annoying part. Saleh was also clearly a bad hire at the time.

7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The most realistic and logical thing the Jets can do to salvage this season is fire or demote Hackett asap.

I would even consider allowing Rodgers to call his own plays the way Peyton Manning used to do.

I don't know if he's ever done that or if he wants to.

I don't see why he couldn't do it.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Hackett always tries to keep them guessing.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Be careful, woody may take that as a challenge.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Folks. Please no more non football discussion about Saleh. Thank you.

NY Jets68 and Ralebird like this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"The struggles on offense, in particular, have pained Johnson. Sources said he forced Saleh to change offensive coordinators after the 2022 season, replacing Mike LaFleur with Hackett."

abyzmul and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  12. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Let Woody call the plays, how much worse can it be?

Losmeister and Fiftynine like this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Rodgers on PMS about Hackett

[​IMG]

14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

15. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Like always McAfee (who really really needs to go away as a thing already) couldn't have shilled any harder in that exchange. The implication narrative being made in that tweet is also pretty much bs too. As to no real surprise no where in that 15 minute clip of today's show I just watched was there an actual accountability attempt made to directly question him on his potential involvement in keeping Hackett employed either.

But yeah, <insert Jennifer Lawrence ok sure gif here> on the idea Woody wouldn't have talked about firing Saleh or keeping Hackett around in the night before phone call. There really shouldn't be enough koolaid left to go around at this point to make that believable to any but most extreme "we finally have a better QB!" fanboys still clinging to the side of the hype train.

Ralebird and Since1969 like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well they did ask Ulbrich yesterday about Hackett (not directly but it was clear who they were talking about) and he said no one is going to be fired or change titles but that he would consider changing roles & responsibilities around....

cough cough playcalling... cough cough

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

He’s been demoted. I’ll take it. Maybe Rodgers not as in control as previously thought?

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

His demotion has the same impact as the firing. He is fine as a glorified OC without play calling duties. That's how it was in GB.

It's up to Titans rejects now to carry this offense: Downing and Carter. Gulp...

Jets79 likes this.
  19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

i'm willing to see this hackett - rodgers charade to the end. and see Woody and the entire Jets tirelessly roll the hamster wheel.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Hamster wheel or Sisyphus from Greek mythology endlessly pushing that boulder up the mountain?? What’s f**king worse lmao

After my stint going to MetLife and sitting in the rain without a W I am convinced the real hamsters are the FanBase ..caught in the Johnson’s dark Karma
    Would Tannenbaum be an option to replace the failed GM?? He was our last Playoff GM and we need playoffs now omg