Your Head Coach choices for 2025

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 30, 2024 at 2:02 PM.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

It is clear we are not making the playoffs as long as Saleh the "All Fart, Not So Smart" slogan boy is our HC.

In different threads people talk about who they want as the Jets head coach. Some names being thrown are Vrabel who is currently with the Browns in some capacity. I heard Brian Flores as an option. Pete Carroll too old but saw his name on twitter too.

We went with mostly rookie Head Coaches lately except Gase. Even then majority of fan base was against Gase but water under the bridge. Even though Gase experiment failed, I want a guy with prior head coaching experience either in the NFL or in College Football.

And no, Joe D won't be the GM making this choice. He is in his last year of 6 year contract and he doesn't have an extension.

Jets69 likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm thinking it with be a real culture changer type of guy who has never been a HC before and will let Woody and his crack team of pencil-necks force whatever agenda they want on them without complaint. Some loser that will be more than happy to do whatever anyone tells them to do for a HC position.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Mike Vrabel comes to mind. I was surprised Tennessee canned him. Would be curious to dig more into the reasons for that

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ryan Day from Ohio State next season?

Definetely a long shot as it's a big move that typically Woody is too much of a puss to make. And it would probably mean the end of Rodgers running the team as well...

But Day has NFL experience as a QB coach, he's made comments about NIL deals that lead you to think he might be tired of it, and of course, OSU has insane expectations. Suppose he loses to Michigan again this year, that seat will be hot even if he goes 11-1. That alone might make a man want to think about a new experience

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Mike Vrabel gets my vote too..

Jedi mind tricks, AJW and Jets69 like this.
  6. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

There is another prominent layer to this that has to be readily acknowledged upfront as well. That being changing head coaches probably isn't solving the core problem if he's just coming in to oversee year 3 of the Hackett offense that is allowed to continue under the umbrella protection of Aaron Rodgers. If it's not a full blown restart, that probably mandates pushing Rodgers out the door regardless of the financial hit that will need to be absorbed with that....we likely just just end up sacrificing another season (and new coach) on the alter of shallow wishful thinking. There is no have your cake and eat it too W to be found in *not* starting over from scratch. Just more only the Jets fail.

That said it needs to be an offensive guy imo. Period. I assume Kingsbury will be a hot name given the success that is going on in Washington atm. Ben Johnson will also be a name out there getting a lot of attention if he decides to cash in (a year late) on his HC prospects too. maybe Bobby Slowik too. Get that in place, *THEN* worry about who your QB is going to end up being to start. Like we should of done 2 seasons ago.

Jedi mind tricks and Cman68 like this.
  7. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I think Pete Carrol would be ideal for because he could coach until Rodgers leaves. However with a new GM I find it unlikely they would want to hire a temporary head coach so Vrabel would be #1. I also would be open to Rex Ryan however he's been out of the league for too many years (it's very difficult to build a staff when you are out).

I just don't want any new coordinators. We need someone who has coached in this league and at least had some form of success.

8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

We will be drafting a QB next year, at the very least in 2 years. There is zero chance I want a rookie HC or a defensive minded HC. We need a HC And GM who understands that the league is an offensive league, and knows how to set a young QB up for success

REVISion and Kronoking like this.
  9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'd say Hoodie. There. I said it. We just need to tank for the next three years and snatch up Arch Manning - and we're set for a good decade (if not longer.)

11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Can't say that I really care at this point who the coach is next year. He will fail just like the coaches before him have failed.

As for the rest of this season, I'm up for them doing something completely outside of the box to fix this. It's not going to be fixed by promoting Ulbrich or anyone else from the staff. Throw a bunch of money at Parcells to come in here and just be an intimidating presence. That alone would be more than what we have now. Fire Hackett and name Rodgers the OC. He's at least taking accountability for his own play and talking about holding others accountable, which is more than anyone on the coaching staff is doing. Neither of those are realistic, I know, but there's nobody on this coaching staff that can fix what's wrong with this team right now.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Vrabel would be good. Another option is a good young offensive coordinator. We've never done that before. The one time we tried offense it failed, but that was because Chris Johnson has a 69 IQ and hired the one offensive coordinator everyone else knew not to hire. It's moot if Douglas is still the GM though, the only guy who would work for him is Brandon Staley.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Bobby Slowik or Ben Johnson would be the top two choices for young offensive minds.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Back the Brink's truck up to Parcells' house and pay him to just be an advisor and to hire a GM and head coach. He knows more about how to do that than the entire Jets organization combined. Probably more than even all of TGG combined!

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe the Jets will hire from within.

Nate Hackett, buddy!

Jets69 likes this.
  16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Owner upset he celebrated the Patriots Way.

17. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Vrabel for me. He's from the defensive side, but he's aggressive on offense and holds his guys accountable, and he's had experience as a HC. He wouldn't put up with the bullshit.

Cman68 likes this.
  18. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

My concern isn't whether Saleh and his inept CS will be around again next year- it's that the Jets as an organization are so inept that talented coaches want no part of the franchise.

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

He's been out of the game for years.....his tenure in Miami wasn't that great.

wewantsapp likes this.
  20. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

We would never make a coaching change during the season that would be too smart of a move for the NY Jets

REVISion likes this.