FIRE ROBERT SALEH NOW!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 9, 2024.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think there's a lot wrong with this team and the front office deserves a lot of blame as well

...but the bottom line is Bob Saleh had Aaron Rodgers and the other team had Bo Nix. Even bad coaches dont lose that game

abyzmul, SOJAZ, mezzavo and 3 others like this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I just think we could do worse and I'm not so sure If It was his sole decision. If he got fired, I wouldn't be upset. I just don't trust Woody to find better.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

If you hold the opposing QB to 60 yards passing In a game. You better not lose.

Bob lost.. So did my hope In him.

4. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I think Saleh still has a defense coordinator mentality for the whole team and Hackett isn't a good OC.

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I heard Saleh took them all to Dave and Busters

#205 94Abraham, Sep 30, 2024 at 11:22 AM
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2024 at 11:29 AM
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I mean they did play 3 games in 11 days previously so I'm not gonna bash them for being tired, that game was winnable if the coaching wasn't so bad. I'm not sure another practice with Coach Goldmember would have fixed it.

The_Darksider, stinkyB and AtlantaJet like this.
  7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

They'll all be fired at year end, no way they survive this.

Jets81 likes this.
  8. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I want Vrabel next year. I would also even consider Rex Ryan depending on how the cards fall. I don't want an unproven coordinator or someone who has no coaching experience risking Aaron Rodgers last years here away. Vrabel and Rex both had success despite never having a decent QB. Rex has been out of the league for a while so I would prefer Vrabel. Usually when you are out of the league for more than a few years you pretty much would have to build a staff with guys you don't know too well. I would also consider Pete Carroll. Yes older but would be a fit to coach with Rodgers.

No more coordinators or unproven coaches. Look at how Quinn or Bowls is now doing in their second stint.

10. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Coaching IS the problem, but I don’t see the solution right now. If you fire Saleh right now, who do you replace him with? Are you firing Hackett too right now? Who are you replacing him with? When you do this in season you need to promote people from within…who are those people?

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well thankfully (kinda) because of covid we already have an interim. Ron Middleton coached the team when Saleh was sick and did a decent job. He appears to have the respect of the players as a former player in the league and long-time coach.

Todd Downing the QB coach also was given the opportunity to call plays in camp as well which is interesting..
    --

so if you were to make a midseason move, you fire Saleh, replace him with Middleton, demote Hackett and let Downing call the plays. Easy transition that could save the season

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

As if we need more evidence, we have moved up the list in worst ranking in penalties steadily under Saleh, up to last year where we led the league in penalties. But here’s what’s most telling- if you count all of the mental mistakes (false start, offsides, delay of game) and personal foul/Unnecessary Roughness/Unsportsmanlike conduct, you’ll find that they have steadily climbed in his tenure to accounting for 32% in 2021, 38% in 2022, 47% in 2023, and 49% currently in 2024.

We’re trending to half of our penalties being the result of mental error. If you factor illegal motion or illegal formation as a mental error the percentage goes through the roof. I left them out of the numbers. It’s so glaringly obvious that Rob Saleh is not holding players accountable. Every measure of a coach shows it. The only discipline Saleh has ever shown was having JD trade any player that requested it.

SOJAZ, mattyd99, Nyjets4eva and 2 others like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ulbrich as intermin HC, Todd Downing as intermin OC. If Rodgers has a hissy fit, he'll get over it.... or not.

cmcm750203, SOJAZ, mattyd99 and 2 others like this.
  14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Didn't Buffalo fire their OC in the middle of last season?

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

I was thinking Ulbrich.. don’t know much about Downing(but can’t be worse than Hackett). Rodgers would have to just get over it, because firing Saleh alone just isn’t enough.

#215 AtlantaJet, Sep 30, 2024 at 2:49 PM
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2024 at 4:48 PM
  16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Why does Rodgers like Hackett so much? I know he lets Rodgers change plays at the line of scrimmage, but there has to be more to it than that.

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Firing during the season just means someone gets promoted, right? That could be Hackett. I would be ok with ulbrich , not Hackett. I want Hackett gone before anyone else.

stinkyB likes this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well we all kinda knew that this was a make or break year for Saleh, and really for JD as well

So we’ll see … unless we have a deep playoff run, I would just move on from Saleh, and yeah, I’d take Vrabel over Saleh easily…no brainer

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So, you want to stay with ineptitude and failure because you could get someone who turns out worse? Not good enough for me. How many times do you go back to the same restaurant with bad service and lousy high priced food?

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing this. This...THIS right here is all you need to know about Robert Saleh and his ability to be the HC of this football team. Someone mentioned he's still a D.C. sitting in a H.C. role. I wholeheartedly agree. Bob is too busy trying to be the player's best friend instead of being their boss. Leading people is truly a skill and he does not have it. In San Francisco, Shanahan had to be the "meanie" when dealing with malcontents, bad performance etc. Saleh sat back and coached his D. Clock management, game management, PENALTIES!!!! All of those are a direct manifestation of poor coaching and this team has been getting progressively worse as @NJJets so aptly points out. He needs to go and JD needs to pick the meanest asshole on the staff to be interim HC, if Wood-ruff will let him. Which reminds me...It's pretty damn common knowledge that Wood-ruff hires BOTH the GM and HC. Ours is not a team that allows the GM to hire the H.C. and hasn't been so since Wood-ruff took the reins.

Another thing, while I'm ranting, do we really know if Hackett is Rodgers favorite buddy? That, to me, seems like it could be a very poor assumption. Personally, I've NEVER read anywhere that Rodgers demanded the signing of Hackett. Has anyone else? I'd love to be proven wrong here but I don't think I am. Just musing...

Also, no, I do NOT think it's JD's fault. I've gone and done a ton of research and, in my mind, it comes back to coaching. How come former Jet players go to other teams, in general, and outperform their time in green and white? IN GENERAL, they usually do not do worse! Why is that? EVERYONE in the whole dame league can't be wrong and, across multiple sports sites, talking heads, former players et. al, everyone was commenting on how well STOCKED the team is. So, if ALL those people are chiming in about how GREAT the roster is then how is JD the problem? To surmise, stocked roster coupled with a HoF QB and this team can't beat a VERY BAD Broncos team? At HOME? By the time the next three weeks play out, this team is going to be 2-5 with the season nearly half over. Playoffs are a pipe dream.

The Vikings are going to absolutely MAUL this team in London! You don't think Sam Darnold wants to drop 70 on this team? Think again. IF what just happened on Sunday is all this team can muster then Brian Flores is going to put the final nails in the ENTIRE fucking coffin. I don't have the Jets scoring but 3 points in London...and that's IF Zeurlein can actually get one over. What a mess...

jixxjr, NJJets, papapump and 2 others like this.