Rodgers kindly asks Saleh to hold players accountable

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets_fan, Sep 29, 2024 at 8:19 PM.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Been no accountability or discipline for Saleh's entire tenure.

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

There is a near zero chance that they turn this thing around. They'll be 2-5 heading into the next foreseeable win on October 27 against the Patriots.

The only thing we have left to entertain us this season is, potentially, the play of a future Hall of Fame QB (assuming he didn't suffer a serious injury today, which in typical Jets fashion, he probably did), and then exactly what causes the 2024 version of the dumpster fire that is this franchise to begin burning wildly out of control. Whatever it is, it'll be centered around Rogers in some respect. Either the friction between him and Saleh causes a split in the locker room or, more likely I think, our elderly offensive line gets him and Tyrod Taylor injured and we're forced to watch whoever our third stringer is attempt to go out there and shovel water over the side of the sinking ship.

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Keith Carter? Pickings are slim. We needed an overhaul by getting a successful OC from another team to be our HC during last off-season. Now - it's going to be a struggle I am afraid and firing these guys at this point midseason won't change much because we cannot really bring anyone else good.

Since1969, Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I can tell you with confidence that will not happen. He will get a hug though, for sure.

REVISion and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That's the thing... The dude doesn't hold people acct, shifts blame to areas that shouldn't be blamed, doesn't have the ability to realize what's working and what's not... It's a mess.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Runs those steps well though. Inspiring stuff

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Rodgers seemed to be calling for accountability with the Oline if we're taking about the post-game presser, and I'm guessing he was talking about Tyron Smith who got blown up a lot today.

jets_fan likes this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It’s almost as though the Cowboys knew something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You know if Rodgers had played in just two of the preseason games they might have this worked out by week seven - I guess we have to hope they get their confusion ironed out by week nine.

10. Ralebird

The owner doesn't need to recognize it - the General Manager does and then he needs to get off his fat ass and do something about it!

papapump and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. Ralebird

And then look in a mirror and say the same thing.

12. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

No disagreements with me. Saleh is too nice / he's a nice guy.
    The D is holding up their end of the bargain. This is purely the O blowing timeouts and not on the same page. Rodgers/Hackett are failing.

We all gotta be realistic.

Saleh is not even touching the offense - all he can do is replace the OC at this point.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I liked your post but also the post saying we have hit the iceberg and starting to sink

So tbh both posts could be right lol

I have no clue where this is going over next 12 weeks ..ugh

14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

You’re missing the point. Saleh doesn’t call the offense obviously. He is the boss of the OC. Discipline, just like shit, rolls downhill. He should be pounding Hackett, who in turn should be pounding Carter and Dowling, who in turn should be pounding the discipline into the players. Now you could argue that Saleh is doing his part and there is a failure at a lower level (ignoring the fact the HC is still the one ultimately responsible), except you just heard the man say into the microphone that maybe the solution is to have our superstar HoF QB dull some of his shine instead. His instinctual answer was to have HoF QB do a little less of what makes him a HoF QB. The attitude also rolls downhill, and that’s Saleh’s attitude. He’s not a leader. Firing him and promoting Ulbrich does nothing to change our schemes on either side of the ball (which we can’t do now 5 weeks into a season). Maybe Ulbrich isn’t any tougher, but maybe he is. And that maybe is worth taking a gamble right now if you ask me, because we need it desperately.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

This is Woody and JD mess. Saleh is a lame duck in the matter.

HomeoftheJets and Cman68 like this.
  16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

That was unreal. I don't think I've ever seen a HC say to dumb things down and make it easier and the player talk about accountability.

It's ALWAYS the other way around.

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

There were several occasions when after a play Rodger's had a "wtf are you doing" look on his face.
    It reminds of that look Manning had in the Jets/Colts playoff game and it was coming down to the wire and the colts called a timeout.

18. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Agree its a critical situation but i think it was more the players not executing there than cuteness.

19. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

We should have won the game but honestly there's some serious overreaction here

we will coalesce and get better, but no we're not going 14-2 either

Players are going to have to hold themselves accountable. Saleh is definitely prone to make excuses in press conferences. I'd like to think he doesn't want to publicly humiliate players but I also hope that behind closed doors he is telling certain people they are not playing/coaching up to the right standard.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  20. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Well, I think that's kind of the problem, the HC is so one dimensional that it's not his problem mentality is catching up to him, this could quickly become off the rails..