Just another Sunday...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:36 AM.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I used decade #3 as a point of reference in another thread. I'm actually in decade #5 like a lot of you. Yesterday hurt. Let's not mince words here as all of us REAL Jet fans had hopes of a win and as usual, Lucy pulled the football away.

Saleh's presser looked like just another presser. No emotion attached whatsoever as it appeared he's used to losing now. He also realizes this is most likely his swan song as HC of the NYJ's if they don't do a 180 PDQ and start winning.

Unfortunately, his GM didn't do him any favors. Rodgers is a future HOF QB, but he's older now. Yesterday showed how close he is to another season ending injury with the next big hit. The Mirage of this being a SB contender got blown up as this was the second quality defense we've faced and lost both games. We still don't have the right personnel nor staff to contend.

Speaking of the CS, the defense held its own despite a lackluster plan by Ulbrich to confuse a rookie QB in the rain. They only gave up 10 pts however, as the rain slowed, Nix got better and our coverage/run defense got worse. The Offense, as usual, was hamstrung by Rodgers' pal. The only thing that got proven but not mentioned was that Sean Payton's evaluation of Nate Hackett was spot on. We all knew that going in but thought that some pride would have kicked in with the game planning. Nope, not yesterday. In fact, they let Rodgers get pass happy in the end and kept Allen on the bench. Not using Allen on 1st and goal knowing the OL wasn't getting a lot of push was criminal. I hope Woody saw this not that it matters in the long run anyway.

Finally, lets shit on the FO. Frankly, JD's grocery shopping has netted us a few young guys spread out among older, injury prone or ordinary players who are on the downsides of their careers. Getting snookered by Philly on the Reddick deal, then doubling down as if making a point is more important than obtaining something for spending a 3rd pick. JFM must have loved yesterday..

What we have here is a reasonably talented roster that was overrated with the arrival of the future HOF QB. This is NOT a SB contender. Its BARELY a playoff team. I've already stated the reasons above. One thing all contenders have is a well-functioning support system in place from the FO on down to the sidelines. The Jets still do not have that and most likely won't without a complete makeover both in the FO and the CS.

Until then, embrace the suck but don't buy into the hype. Take it from this old Jet Fan. It just ain't worth it..

#1 Cman68, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:36 AM
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2024 at 8:54 AM
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We're not seeing the effort from the 2 players they keep saying are our bell cows on offense, Garrett and Breece. If I were to guess, I'd say they are sick of the dumbfuckery behind the scenes with Hackett and they are acting out like GenZ's act out.

But he's Aaron's guy.

There's what looks to be a passive aggressive power struggle between Rodgers and Saleh in the postgame presser.

There's the baffling usage of personnel, the brutal runner that flattened New England's entire defense never touching the ball on the goal line being at the forefront although you can point to many examples.

The situational football isn't there and I don't know that I'm seeing Rodgers audibling out of a lot of the dumber calls.

Lots of problems everywhere. Super Bowl contender my ass.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Excellent summary of what we are and where we are. I blame myself for buying into the hype.

Cman68 and sackexchange like this.
  4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

And still, a Jets rep just left a message on my voicemail at 8:45 AM trying to sell group tickets. The Woody regime has no shame. None.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

As far as saleh goes, I think if anything, Rodger’s demeanor towards him is starting to show what part of the problem is. My parents used to say to me when I was a teenager, were your parents , not your friend.

We will know everything we need to know about this team, in the next 2 weeks.

Typically, I would say yesterday was just a clunker , and they will happen. But a clunker seems to be the composition of the jets fleet.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah Vikings and Bills next. Lose both and this thing will unravel quickly

Cman68 likes this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Other than the niners, which I wound give a week one excuse… this is the real test

Cman68 likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

and there’s nothing like an 8 hr flight across the Atlantic to test the team morale which is showing cracks

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  9. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

I'm also starting decade 5 of watching this mind numbing football team. Any of us veterans knew deep down that we were going to get what we got yesterday. I can't recall the last time the Jets performed up to expectations after a nice win. And I haven't researched but Saleh's record after any type of extended break but it has to be horrible. The Jets are never prepared for these types of games.

I'm convinced that they will never win a thing with this coaching staff. Saleh is a glorified cheerleader and motivational life coach for these players. Leave it up to Aaron Rodgers to bring up the subject of accountability because that may be the only person in the building who understands the meaning of it at this point. Management should have canned Hackett after last season. I hope this doesn't get ugly over the next couple of weeks but it probably will.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Nothing sums up this franchise like the phrase "Same Ol' Jets" as it is so on the money - nothing ever really changes around here - lack of a long-term plan at QB, over-hyped players, false hope, lack of any real stars, terrible drafting, complete lack of player development, terrible moves in free agency, lack of identity and culture.

I am resigned to the fact that I will 99.9% likely die without ever getting to enjoy a SB win by proxy (because if by some miracle they did make it then I would be 99% certain they'd lose).

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That Super Bowl mirage can only be seen through those green tinted glasses Johnson, Douglas and Saleh have been peddling - crush them before you go blind!

NY Jets68 and Cman68 like this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Too early for that nonsense. If he's looking to wake people up he's calling the wrong number.

13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It'll at least provide for some entertaining TV when they're down by 30, Saleh's making excuses on the sideline, and Rodgers isn't having it.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That's the one silver lining: Rodgers has a big mouth, so he'll call out the idiots in the organization.

NYJetsO12, NY Jets68 and jets_fan like this.
  15. jets_fan

Maybe Rodgers' lasting impact will be more on the culture than actual winning on the field. It's sad when he's the only one talking about accountability and the "head coach" is making excuses for everyone.

And the thing is, I can't even understand why Saleh is making excuses for the players at this point. I mean, he is aware that his job is on the line here, right? If they keep playing like this, he very well may become the first Jets head coach under Woody to be fired with games remaining in the season.

Cman68, NY Jets68 and Acad23 like this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They thought the QB was the issue. They bought in Rodgers thinking that would cure all the things that were wrong with the team. They didn't accept that the problem is systemic. Rodgers can see it. The Fanbase and Media can see it. The GM can't admit it and the Owner refuses to acknowledge it.

Unless things radically changes in a hurry, this season is going nowhere. Upside? It SHOULD force Woody to detonate this wreck and get a functioning GM/CS combo in house.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

There's always next year......

runs and ducks....

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Stuff like this is why I think they'll trade the farm for Davante Adams. They immediately sell more tickets and jerseys and Woody would feel whole again.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. jets_fan

Whoever it is will be just as lousy as those that have come before him.

It really is almost impressive how inept this franchise is. It takes a certain "talent" to be this awful at quite literally everything.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Ironically QB was the issue, and if LaFleur were still OC, we'd be cooking. But in typical Jets fashion, when they finally get a good QB, they fuck it up by hiring Gase 2.0 to run the offense.

Cman68 likes this.