Rodgers kindly asks Saleh to hold players accountable

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets_fan, Sep 29, 2024 at 8:19 PM.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The dueling answers to the cadence question at the Rodgers and Saleh press conferences tell you everything you need to know about this franchise.

We would be better off if they fired Saleh and made Rodgers the HC/OC/QB. He talks about holding people accountable for their mistakes. Saleh talks about making things easier for the line when they screw up rather than try to make them live up to the standard they should be striving for.

SOJAZ, papapump, JetsKickAss and 12 others like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yep.

Rodgers called Saleh out. This doesn't Rodgers is blameless but this is the kindest way for Rodgers to respond to Saleh.

SOJAZ, papapump, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Imagine getting a job and then deciding you are going to do absolutely nothing. That feels like Salehs tenure. Instead of being good, or bad, he does nothing.

He could vanish tomorrow, the entire franchise would not miss a beat.

Nyjets4eva, PabloJa and burf like this.
  4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Imagine that. A HoF QB being told to take one of his greatest assets as a QB and simplify himself. Thats right, Saleh’s response was not to attempt to elevate the players around Rodgers, but to suppress some of Rodger’s greatness so that he won’t have to hold guys accountable. That’s what our Head Coach ultimately just did.

SOJAZ, papapump, NY Jets68 and 3 others like this.
  5. jets_fan

Exactly.

I've been saying for a couple of years now that Saleh is a terrible head coach and that we're not going anywhere with him.

The idea of having to watch this team with Tyrod Taylor playing out the string while running for his life behind one of the most overrated O-lines ever put together while throwing to a grossly overrated group of receivers just depresses me in a way I didn't think the Jets could still manage to pull off.

NYJetsO12 and teamgreen like this.
  6. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Listen, I believe our OL is solid. I think they’re capable of being good. I think they need to be coached to their greatness. I don’t believe that’s happening. Garrett Wilson clearly doesn’t know his route assignments nor is he reading a defense properly. Who’s holding him accountable? Our OC refuses to use a 245 bruising bowling ball for some insane reason, and our coach has done nothing to question or hold him accountable. Firing Saleh honestly may actually inspire some players, because I get the feeling our veterans see right through his act. And that’s the problem, Saleh is a complete and total act.

7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

As a Jets fan, I always know something is going to go wrong. Last year it was the Rodgers injury. I'm still waiting for exactly what will be their dagger this year, but tension between Rodgers and Saleh for his poor coaching might be the leader in the clubhouse right now

SOJAZ and REVISion like this.
  8. JackBower

If our owner recognizes it and has balls, it could save the season.

9. jets_fan

In other words, we're headed for another losing season.

papapump, JackBower, PabloJa and 2 others like this.
  10. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

He won’t and he doesn’t.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yes before it’s too late.

On the way back from London would be a good time to make a move, especially if the QB they gave up on lights them up

12. jets_fan

It's already too late. The rot of the culture this coaching staff and general manager have allowed has already set in and begun to fester.

The Titanic has already hit the iceberg. It's just a matter of how quickly it sinks at this point.

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Woody Is ALWAYS a step too late. That's his problem In many ways.

NYJetsO12 and Jets79 like this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He should have recognized it in the offseason and gotten rid of his ass while keeping Rodgers. Now firing Saleh doesn't really do much I am afraid. Won't hurt, sure, but it's not like you can bring another HC here and get another OC. We may just be fucked.

NYJetsO12, REVISion and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. jets_fan

Pretty much.

At this point, I feel like we have to give last year's team some credit. They stunk, but they hung around in the playoff race past Thanksgiving, which was a miracle in and of itself.

This team doesn't look like it has the fight in them that last year's team did. This season feels like it was over even before it began, and that goes back to Woody's idiotic decision to retain Saleh and Douglas following last year's debacle.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. JackBower

I try not to map an NFL season, but this is classic Jets to lose this than win or play well enough to feel good about themselves against harder circumstances the following week. They are masters at stretching the misery as far as it can reach

SOJAZ, REVISion and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There has to be someone on the offensive coaching staff who can do a better job than Hackett. That would be the coaching change that could actually fix something.

18. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

It was a tough loss. But this is on Hackett getting stuffed at 1st and goal being cute. We’re 10-0 and likely Den needs to start throwing to catch up. game played into our hands

Saleh needs to go over to Hackett and tell him you better get it together or you’re gone.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. jets_fan

They should do a raffle at the next game. Everyone who wants a ticket puts in $100 a ticket. Two winners. One gets to head coach the team and the other gets to run the offense. Proceeds go to buying out what's left on Saleh's contract.

Seems like a win/win for all involved. We get an improved coaching staff and Woody gets to hang on to his money.

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

nah 2-2, plenty of season left, they could make a move to save it

NYJetsO12 likes this.