This was a gut wrenching loss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 29, 2024 at 6:55 PM.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Me and a a lot of Jets faithful were there early this morning. And for a change, Broncos fans were non existent at Metlife.

Even though it rained all day, we still enjoyed the tailgate and the belief in Jets win made us go.

How the heck do you lose a game 10-9 against a rookie QB led team after a 10 day break?

Yep. This was a gut wrenching loss and no way to get over it.

JetFanInPA, Patriot, PabloJa and 5 others like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One of many to come Brook. This CS just doesn't know how to win at this level consistently. Just wait until we lose in London. You know its gonna happen because instead of preparation, the Jets and the CS will turn into tourists.

3. Brook!

Boss,

I left Metlife with anger a lot in the past but today I felt like I lost my spirits as a Jets fan. Not sure if I will be able to get over it anytime soon.

4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This is the beginning of a long stretch that's going to send this team back to a complete and total teardown and rebuild starting in January.

The Jets should just give up on keeping up the appearance of trying to win. Embrace ineptitude. Let's go for that all-time playoff drought. Because this franchise will never win anything ever again. Never. They come out thinking they've already won the Super Bowl because they squeaked by two of the shittiest teams in the league, only for a team that's only slightly less shitty than them to outclass them in virtually every aspect of the game. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it.

5. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

The Jets coaching staff is terrible. They are so undisciplined. How many false starts today, four or five? Rodgers stated that players should be held accountable. Not with softy Saleh as our coach. I’m not sure what to expect.

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

It seemed like the players and coaches didn't take this game seriously and played like they would win no matter what and if they were behind Aaron Rodgers would bail them out anyway.

The only way to makeup for this loss is to go win the next two games. I was honestly expecting the Jets to lose to the Vikings next week but then beat the Bills. If they win next week then it makes up a little bit.

Now do I expect them to win the next two games? Absolutely not.

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Not a lot of "dawg" in this team showing yet. Sure, a lot of season left over but the early results look like both lines get bullied and the team's stars aren't good enough to make critical plays to carry the day in tough games.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. jets_fan

More losing.

The bottom is about to drop on this team in the next two weeks. It's going to get UGLY, even more so than we're used to seeing with this team.

sackexchange likes this.
  9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Winning one of the next two games makes the sting from this one go away.

Vikings look like world beaters and taking the Bills down a peg would be great.

Otherwise we would be looking at a three game losing streak.

I don't think Rodgers has been through too many of those so far.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  10. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Lazard's stupid pop gun 15 yd penalty likely cost them their only real shot at a TD. F him...

Throwing the ball on that last series was just stupid, they could have gotten 6-7 yds closer on the ground and made it an easier FG to win it with time expiring.. NOT 51 seconds left.

How many throws to receivers not even looking where there today? Disgusting that there is no chemistry on this offense.

Too many defensive offsides... how does that even happen when you look at the ball

This coaching staff stinks and need to go.

Nyjets4eva, stinkyB, papapump and 6 others like this.
  11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Have to win one of the next two.

Also if the Bills somehow lost both their games before the Jets game it would help obviously.

James Hasty likes this.
  12. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Saleh was right that games in this weather require even more focus to detail. The problem is our coaching staff doesn’t know what those details are.

Look, we’re poorly coached. Quite possibly the weakest coaching staff in the league, intellectually speaking. Our offense is unimaginative and our defense is one dimensional. We make little to no adjustments on either side of the ball, so something as simple as a weather change can make us look completely helpless. We treat players that have earned little as if they’re royalty. Garrett Wilson is struggling because defenses are not stacking the box. They’re treating him like an elite #1 and he can’t improvise in 1x1’s and broke plays. Hes gotta know route adjustments based on the reads and he’s struggling. We seem to have some sort of philosophy that Breece Hall deserves 20 touches before we can try Allen. Corley is a limited type of player, but he’s powerful and electric. Design a play or two and use him as a weapon or a decoy. He’s literally the exact type of underneath weapon Rodgers needs. Rather than have some imaginative creativity, we seem content with running Breece into a wall over and over.

With the lack of creativity or intelligence, you’d at least expect we’d have a very motivating coaching staff that gets the best out of each player. But in reality time and time again we come out inexplicably flat and unenergetic. And on top of that, the complete lack of discipline. Constant penalties. Stupid mental errors, stupid personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties. Our coach stands around dumbfounded the entire game unless the Defense gets a turnover and then he’s all acting a fool. The guy is a fugaze.

#12 NJJets, Sep 29, 2024 at 7:18 PM
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2024 at 7:33 PM
    Cman68, papapump, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  13. jets_fan

Yes, this was a gut punch, but it was a good one, I must say upon some reflection.

I now know not to waste any more time and effort on this franchise. Things felt different last Thursday night. But now we know that was just a mirage. Nothing more than a competent QB going up against a truly terrible team and somehow dragging all of his incompetent teammates and coaches along for the ride for one night. What we saw today was the real New York Jets. And they are going to be absolutely humiliated in London next week.

And, you know what, it's going to be hilarious. I'm done actually rooting for this team in any sort of serious capacity. It's back to the Gase Era style of rooting, where I'm just here for the laughs (and the occasional glimpse of greatness from out future HOF QB).

14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

4+ hours wasted on commute and another 3 hours wasted watching this miserable team lose in the rain... I don't think I am going there again in the near future :mad::mad::mad:

15. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. Problem with this year's version is self awareness. This team thinks they're "him" and really they're just overconfident pretenders from the coaches on down. A borderline playoff team that thinks they're the defending SB champs.

16. jets_fan

I'd be OK with a borderline playoff team.

This team isn't that. It's a team that could, if EVERYTHING went completely right, be on the fringe of challenging for the 7th spot.

What's actually going to happen is going to be worse than the Gase Era. When they get spanked the next two weeks by Minnesota and Buffalo, the wheels are going to completely fall off this thing and we're in for a LONG road the rest of the season.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just wait until you're in decade #3 of this bullshit. You tend to get a tough skin as the years drag on. You hope against hope that things will change one day. Then the reality kicks you in the balls and you just exhale and move on to the next fck up.

The_Darksider, Petrozza and jets_fan like this.
  18. Brook!

I am in decade #2

If no playoffs win in decade #3 I don't know how I will proceed but I guess I will still suckered in with the Jets,

19. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

The only positive is that we'll most likely see Woody clean the house after this season. But then we're still stuck with Woody....

20. jets_fan

Nearing the end of decade #3 of this bullshit and there is no end in sight to it.

Taking the George Carlin approach to it now. I'm just here for the entertainment. They're going to go out and get absolutely smoked by Sam Darnold next week. And it's going to be absolutely hilarious.

JetsVilma28 and teamgreen like this.