Denver is the CLASSIC Trap Game.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Sep 26, 2024 at 9:08 AM.

1. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

Yep, if you're paying attention the more you see the more something becomes apparent. I felt the same way. Psyched for a win or even betting on them in that situation only to be disappointed, many times.
    Even them being a heavy favorite at any time.

Always wondered if the NY press contributed to it by the players and team falling for the shortsighted hype

Rodgers has said it a couple of times now, that you have to know how to handle prosperity. Don't be distracted by the media. He knows that. Hopefully the team and coaching staff are aware of it. So many pitfalls and why experienced leadership is so important

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Over the last 18 years they have a .412 winning pct so those after the bye games win pct are pretty close. I think it's more just a they have been bad overall those last 18 years, rather than then being bad just after the bye.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This isn’t off a bye anyway

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Do you not see the dichotomy in citing "Douglas/Saleh" in one sentence and " No questions and excuses" in the next?

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Do you think that anyone here really cares about getting offended by Payton's words when Hackett has been a source of pain here all by himself? I don't buy the "he's an idiot, but he's our idiot" defense.

6. Ralebird

"after byes" is extraneous information.

So since you did, I went and looked it up as well. In the last 18 years overall the Jets are 120 - 171 for a winning percentage of .412. I'm okay with disregarding both byes and mini byes.

On the "level of suck" meter it appears to be well within the margin of error.

#46 Ralebird, Sep 28, 2024 at 10:30 PM
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2024 at 10:52 PM
  7. Ralebird

If I had read this, I could have saved myself a lot of work. Just watching another lousy SEC game anyway.

8. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

John-Franklin Myers revenge game?

I expect at least 1 roughing the passer penalty today from this guy.

9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I hear you. I see it a different way. Every game in the NFL is tough because every team has talent and there is a lot of parity. Every team has to be prepared and pumped up for every game. Talent isn't enough in this league to win consistently.

10. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

I was dead wrong here. Doesn't matter who the QB is, could have a hybrid of Jesus and God back there and it will never matter. As good as last weeks game was, this one was doubly putrid. How many times, over how many years do we have to sit and watch an unnprepared, disinterested team go out in rainy shitty conditions, and make it obvious that they have no interest in playing football? So at the bye it sill certainly be 2-4 and the talk of finally getting rid of this CS will commence. BTW, Breece Hall and Garrret Wilson have taken this season off so far. Ridiculous.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I really hate being roght.

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

First time for everything.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

When will some fans learn that this is the Jets we're talking about? No one should assume any game is an easy win with this team.

14. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

I know it was raining, I know the OL stinks, that the OC is bad, that the HC is bad, I don’t care… they turned the whole franchise over to Rodgers and we put up with his crap because he is supposed to be good but he had two chances to win the game and he failed.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That was an embarrassing display. The type of games people get fired over