Haason Reddick's Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

They will lead us to where football is going.

Ralebird and barfolomew like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

If Jets wanted Huff at this price point, they would have had him to begin with. Now of course things changed - we missed on Reddick and Clowney, JJ is hurt, but I don't think JD wants to pay Huff 17.5 a year. If anything, Huff's play in Philly probably strengthened that stance. Even though it is a difference scheme, etc, but still Huff certainly didn't prove JD's original point wrong of him not being worth the money. So, I don't think Huff is coming back regardless.

With that said, whether we would trade Reddick to recoup a 3d in 2026 is something to think about. Right now it is not happening. My original stance, even when many were saying Reddick not practicing was a non story, was that Reddick will skip part of the season. I thought he would miss large part of the season, but would have little choice but to come back Oct/Nov. Probably around NFL trade deadline of Nov 5th if he is not traded. I still think it may happen, because if he wants to get paid next year, he needs to ball out.

If he comes back and balls out Nov/Dec/Jan, he can still get a big contract. No one is paying a soon to be 31 year old guy unless he had a great year the year before. If say Jets don't trade him and he returns Nov 10th, it will take him some time, but he could be dominant in Dec and hopefully play-offs. Even that is a bit late, but still possible, ideally would be Oct. After that though, I think he is fucked, and as dumb as he is, he has to know it.

So, I think JD is going to try to make a move around the deadline to get someone like Clowney in (whom he targeted before Reddick anyway). If he succeeds, I could see him dumping Reddick back to Philly or elsewhere.

Jets79 likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My two cents. I believe that all options are open for discussion at this point. Both Reddick and the Jets are sick of this situation. They both need a way out of this. The Jets to recoup some value, but most importantly for Reddick to save what is left of his career. As the trade deadline approaches, you could have a playoff contender in need of a pass rusher. Injuries happen. A trade might be an option. Or we just suck it up when he gets back and hope he balls out. If not both him and the Jets have nothing but a big loss in their hands.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If I was going near Philly, I'd trade a dozen bagels for two cheeses steaks. I'd be doing them a favor because bagels travel much better than cheese steaks.

abyzmul likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yannick Ngakoue is still out there. Why not kick the tires on him?

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Does Joe really want to do another trade with Philly after they owned him on the first one? How bad does he want to look?

stinkyB likes this.
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Do you really think a moron knows he is a moron?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think he's ever been totally in the weeds, but is concerning that he started off looking like some negotiating genius and has devolved in a guy that gets rooked by his previous teams. Joe also traded with the Ravens and gave up a 6th rounder and moved down in the 4th for 1 season of a very broken-looking Morgan Moses.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

he signed with the ravens PS this past weekend , probably won’t be active until next week possibly though from what Harbaugh was saying

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'd say beginner's luck. He was a moron all along - just some fluke luck shielded him early on.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

* A guy they already had on the team and let walk out the door.... which already happenned with Flacco. lol