Denver is the CLASSIC Trap Game.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Sep 26, 2024 at 9:08 AM.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

If the Jets really want to shed the "Same Ol' Jets" stigma, a great first step would be destroying Denver in what is the CLASSIC Trap Game that the would lose in many season past. With the next two games being Minnesota in London and then Buffalo, it's easy to see an overconfident Jets team overlooking this next game. How many times have wee seen this scenario before?

If they beat Denver, and then split the next two to get to 4-2, I would be a very happy fan.

Jets79 likes this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'll let someone else insert Admiral Akbar here....

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The difference this year is the Jets have a QB. It's been nice watching our QB know how to read a defense, make quick and correct decisions with where to throw the ball. It's also nice to see them finally score points to help the defense out to win games. With Rodgers (as long as he can stay healthy) the Jets will probably win all the games they should win. I know the Jets history and SOJ over the years, but this year feels different. Games against good teams the Jets will suffer some losses. They aren't going 16-1 but they should have a great shot at making the playoffs if they can stay healthy. The health issue applies to every team in the league.

#3 GREG, Sep 26, 2024 at 9:14 AM
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2024 at 9:21 AM
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Denver is super banged up on the OL and I think they just lost 2 key defensive players. On talent alone, we should win this game.

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets have been improving in each game so far and the offense still has a lot of potential to fulfill. I'm predicting they will lose to Denver because I'm almost always wrong in my football predictions.

HackettSuxTNG likes this.
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I would be more nervous if it was at Denver …I think the jets will deliver a dub.

Ill Will, Acad23 and IDFjet like this.
  7. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Ironically, Jets have won in Denver last two years, however, at the cost of season ending injuries to Breece and AVT (twice!).

I don't feel as uncomfortable as I should because I honestly believe Jets coaches and Aaron Rodgers are still bitter about the smug and unnecessary comments Sean Payton made about Hackett (albeit true) when he took over.

Hackett revenge game, the sequel, directed by Aaron Rodgers :D

8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’m hoping AR’s chip on his shoulder for the Hackett comments from Sean Payton outweighs the same ol’ Jets history of (a) sucking after a bye or mini-bye, (b) playing down to our competition and struggling with teams we should beat on talent alone, and (c) getting too full of ourselves reading our press clippings about how we are an elite defense or a great team or whatever

There is A LOT of bad history here for us…and I totally agree this is a classic trap game with Minny and Buffalo next on the schedule.

Really we NEED to come out of here with a win

I do think we will but I’m actually pretty concerned about it…I would not be surprised to see this team lay a dud out there…I’m really hoping AR is that difference

SackRecord99 likes this.
  9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I am curious to see how the Jets handle the Vikings game in London. Do they leave right away to adjust to the time change or do they go later in week. Teams that play over there have done both options. This Broncos game should be a win, and I think they will.

10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

That Nix had a decent game (apparently) last week is good for us since his success will be on tape.

Surtain always has to be accounted for--with AR we should be good to go.

AtlantaJet likes this.
  11. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

This. Bo Nix too. He ain't ready imo. Even in a less they rose'y outcome I still see our offense doing more then their offense will to actually win out this game.

For me this game is pretty much a must win in relationship to this team's overall chance to secure a back end wild card spot this year. Especially with us having a more potentially formidable back end schedule , and with teams like Cincy, Jacksonville, and Miami ((shame we ain't lucking out and catching Miami without Tua) off to rough starts. Need to seize those standing buffer opportunities while they are there.

I believe the Jets themselves will go into this game with that general mindset too.

Jets79 likes this.
  12. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Not a trap. Broncos won last week against a good defense, so the Jets will take them seriously. AR will want to get revenge for Hackett. Jets are at home. Jets have a lot more talent overall. Jets will be ready and will win… however Denver has a good pass defense so the Jets may need to run to set up the pass this week, meaning fans may need to be a little bit patient this week before the Jets are able to get on the scoreboard.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Buccs were pretty banged up on defense without both starting defensive tackles and Antoine Winfield.

But I agree, I don’t see this as a trap. I also don’t think the Jets win over the Patriots should’ve been as near “emotional” as it seemed and I actually think Rodgers made sure it wasn’t in the locker room with his Saleh push and it’s too early attitude.

A trap to me is maybe a game like this after they beat the Kansas City Swifts on Sunday Night Football. Not one of the worst teams in the league.

14. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

Good point. The Jets heavy favorite on the road is actually the worst ever LOL

Mogriffjr likes this.
  15. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

100%

I have never given a single fuck how Rodgers is portrayed in most of the media either. A few of beat guys saw it for it is and even laughed about it. And the team needs it too. Young guys and the inexperienced need to understand that.

REVISion likes this.
  16. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Normally I would agree with you except for the QB. He won't let it happen.

17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

This definitely has all the signs of a SOJ trap game. I really want to believe things have changed but can't until I actually see it. Something tells me things are a little different with Rodgers at the helm though. Fingers crossed.

#17 KWJetsFan, Sep 27, 2024 at 3:41 PM
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2024 at 11:31 AM
    NY Jets68 and Jets79 like this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I have ZERO expectations for the season. So far, I'm happy.

In SOJ land, that can change real quick. We gonna find out.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’ll be a very, very happy camper the day we bury the term SOJ for ever more. Frankly I’m quite sick of it, deserving but still sick of it.

Ill Will likes this.
  20. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Oh I am so with you! You don't know what a pleasure it is to come online and write positives about our Jets. I don't think we've really had anything positive to blog or write about since Social media became a thing. Think about that, they've been irrelevant throught the technological revolution inviting nothing but negativity. Would love to see them go out and maul people week in and week out and bury that SOJ crap.

NY Jets68 and LAJet like this.