2024 - Week 3: New York Jets vs New England Patriots (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 15, 2024 at 4:30 PM.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Yesterday at 8:30 PM.
  1. Jets

87.0%
  2. Patriots

13.0%
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was vintage Rodgers. If he can play like that all season it will be a good year.

I like that Rodgers is calm and cool during the games when you got fanboi Saleh going all emotional, to have a real leader out there is important to these young players. That "conflict" after the touchdown between Rodgers and Saleh so perfectly captures the two guys' personalities.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It's stunning. Like, we all knew it was extremely important, but to see the difference going from Wilson to Rodgers is insane.

It legitimately makes everything better. The OL looks better due to protection adjustments and getting rid of the ball quickly. RBs have an easier time because teams have to respect the pass. WRs get more accurate and better-timed passes. The defense isn't constantly gassed and demoralized due to the offense going 3 and out constantly.

mezzavo, NY Jets68 and Jets79 like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Awesome game to be at, awesome game in general. I've never seen a QB on the Jets as cool and collected as Rodgers. It's like Brunson with the Knicks... at no point do I doubt something great is about to happen. Not that it always does but have we EVER been able to say "3rd and 4? We're fine" at any point in the last 15 years?

What's scary is Rodgers and Garrett aren't even on the same page yet. Even scarier is Mike Williams isn't even fully back yet (and he's made two really awesome catches so far, almost a third for a TD). I don't care that it's the Pats, good teams are supposed to dominate bad teams. Finally the roles were reversed for us.

mezzavo, Jets79, JetFanInPA and 2 others like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

agree the only thing I wish is that we beat them even worse.

To have like 4X as many yards is a beat down but 24-3 isn’t enough for those a-holes. I wish it was 44-3 with Bob Kraft up in that booth

mezzavo, NY Jets68 and Jets79 like this.
  5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

thjis may sound \wack... but the thing that comes to MY mind is...
    1) timing (knowing when the ball needs to be outta his hand) and 2) creating torque with arm and torso... like the throw to GW for the TD... he moves somewhat back and laterally his feet aren't set... yet he gets it out there where it needs to be with just enough zip...

also... he's "bigger" than you realize at 6.2 and 230-something.

westiedog1 and Jets79 like this.
  6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Look forward to their next matchup!

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

50-0 would not be enough! I hate that team and all the times those fucks ran up the score on us…Brady throwing in the 4th quarter up by double digits. Fuck them.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last game, the Jets dominated a team for 4 quarters, at no point did I get the feeling they would blow it, that was nice.

9. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Funny but I heard Sauce say somewhat sheepishly that he wished the Defense got more time to play "because the Offense was on the field so long".

stinkyB likes this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well, he's definitely not used to that...

11. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

When you look at the numbers it's kind of shocking that they were able to win games at all the previous two years

Losmeister likes this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Imagine if Zach had offensive weapons like Wilson, Hall, Conklin, Lazard....;)

Ill Will likes this.
  13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

one note I neglected to add... Ruckert made some nice blocks in the run game.

mezzavo and Ill Will like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not to be such a downer here but it is somewhat disappointing because the defense is definitely a bit worse this year. They were elite last year and had a good rotation and ability to take over games.

This offense (which is still really in it’s infancy) + last years defense would’ve been special. This offense with a full year of Rodgers under it’s belt could’ve been that much more compelling to watch.

Hopefully the defense plays as well as they did last night.

15. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

I hear you.
    The D has some different players as well, so I wasn't expecting them to hit the ground running. Plus they lost JJ. They may not be what they were, but I like Sherwood, a lot. I'm including him because he's a different guy now. Kinlaw seems to be starting to make his presence felt, as is Clark. So I'm starting to feel encouraged.
    Still hope to see Reddick though for sure. They're using McDonald a little differently to utilize his speed and athleticism, They're moving him around and dropping him back too, which produced a "sack" of the Titan QB when he broke the pocket. When McDonald lined up on the left side against the NE RT he became a problem for NE. We'll see with him, and hopefully Clemons can make a contribution. But losing JJ hurts

16. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

Yes, and I was pleasantly surprised by his receptions, after being somewhat discouraged vs Tenn.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Had the same thought... but we are ranked 10th in total defense. I think we'll be fine... barring injuries.
    Still wanna see our run defense tighten up... and our tackling could be better.

Ulbrich got really aggressive up front last night and it worked out well... hope to see more of that when warranted.

18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

What we really need to see is for us to cut down on penalties dramatically

Didn’t hurt us last night but against better teams it will

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Gotta get the plays in quicker.

mezzavo likes this.
  20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This and

This

The penalties are a problem and they always have been under Saleh. Just once I'd like to see him get into the ass of a player as he's coming off the field. ONCE! That alone would put the other men on notice. Clock management. Another negative notch on Saleh. He's no longer a rookie head coach. BOTH of these problems need to be addressed and "yesterday!!" Because, you are right, against a good team one or both will cost them a win. Let's go Jets...clean up the mental errors!