Huff invisible on MNF

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Sep 17, 2024.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Last night Bryce Huff did not even make the stat sheet--0 tackles, sacks, pressures, etc. despite many snaps.
    Game 1 not much different. Eagle fans really letting Huff hear it on social media today .
    The Reddick/Huff "exchange" totally bungled by both teams. Cousins under no pressure at all on Falcons winning drive. With JJ injury, both teams now hurting at pass rush.

2. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the Jets "totally" bungled this exchange. I think it would be more fair to say they "partially" bungled. There was evidence to suggest/extrapolate both before and since that Huff might be a guy that wasn't going to provide big returns once paid big money and given the expanded role that the big money kind of demands. So they "may" have gotten that part right.

The Reddick part though.... its been sub optimal so far for sure.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  3. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Well, not sure but the jets may come out on top. If (A BIG IF) Huff continues to play poorly for most of the year, Philly has paid a lot of dollars for little value. Suppose Reddick continues to hold out, the jets lose a 3rd rd pick but retain contract rights. So they could indeed trade him and recoup picks or players. And they are saving some current bucks by not paying him. As Reddick is under contract he cannot become a free agent unless he actually joins team for rest of year. Now i wish Reddick would sign, they could use him. but at the moment there is no winner here.

4. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

I am no Joe Douglas fan, but this one is on Reddick solely. This clown is under contract and should be playing here, but for some reason, he apparently does not want to play here. Eff him, let him sit out this and next year with no money.

5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yeah at this point he's cost himself millions. Maybe he's just going to hang it up because he's not going to get 2/3 of what he seems to be expecting.

AndyDrums likes this.
  6. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

The Eagles defense is very different. They have a read and react system, while Saleh's system is a one-gap penetrating scheme. Huff is being asked to do something very different than what he did with the Jets. Huff's great strength is his get-off and how quickly he can penetrate, but in a read and react system, he can't really use his get-off because he has to read the play before he can penetrate. Part of the reason why they traded Reddick, aside from the contract issues, is that he was criticized for essentially refusing to play read and react and he would play every down as a pass play and ignore the run. Reddick was actually taylor made for Saleh's system. If he wasn't such a selfish prick, he could have an incredible number of sacks in this system and would get a major payday from someone next year.

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Jesus will this fanbase ever get over the stalker ex syndrome, who gives a shit about, Huff, Adams, darnald, Genoa, Wilson.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Couldn't gree more... I wuldn't give him shit. But I would try to trade him for picks...

AndyDrums likes this.
  9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't think Huff will ever live up to that contract, I'm glad he got paid, I do hope he finds success though. Wishing bad on him Isn't the way to be either. He did a lot of great things for us while here.

Jedi mind tricks and horsehead like this.
  10. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I don't wish bad on him. I'm also happy we didn't pay him.

Eagles eat some of his contract, give us our 3rd Rd back, we send Reddick back. Everybody happy.

twown likes this.
  11. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Thinking about Reddick being happy with this outcome made me chuckle.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm hoping Huff disappoints with the Eagles and comes back as a situational rusher in a couple of years. That is a great mercenary role.

13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The eagles are even more starved for a pass rush than the jets. If they had the cap space and could afford Reddick (which they don't/can't, that's why they traded him), were I Douglas I'd demand more than the 3rd rounder the jets gave up.