Is Tiki Barber Correct?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Sep 12, 2024.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no he's wrong. The Jets owner, coach, and (future) HOF QB have all specifically came out and said the roster is loaded in one way or another. The media has been all over that with similar statements and don't get me started on the defensive players who have called themselves "elite" and one even saying things like "best ever"

... so how are we the fans the 'lazy' ones? Lazy are the media members (of which Tiki Barber is part of) for not questioning or calling out the Jets PR machine and their moves.

As fans all we can do is watch and hope for the best, others tell us the team is good, cool, lets see cause we are dying for a good team for once

4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

He’s completely wrong. Jets fans are just taking this clown show leadership at their word. They said point blank they feel this team was a QB away from be a SB contender. Aaron Rodgers said we are among the 8 or so elite teams that have a real chance of being SB winners. This is what we were sold. Tiki can start directing his criticism that way or stfu.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Tiki can fuck off with this bull. First of all, MOST fans are casual and lazy and just watch on Sundays and root for their team when they win and go quiet when they lose. That's the way it is for fans of every team, so singling out the fans of one team is lazy 'journalism'.

Secondly, the fans who really know the game and the team have been full of trepidation, and aware that yet again the Jets were generating all kinds of buzz in the offseason. But that buzz comes from the media, which is about as lazy as you can possibly imagine!

So now Tiki acts like he is some kind of genius because he can spot the holes in the roster. We are well aware of the holes in the roster but it is the holes in the front office and coaching staff that are the major issues, and nobody seems to mention those.

It's a lazy take with no genuine insight. We know our team has big question marks.

Doreblade and Brook! like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ronde > Tiki

7. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

He's 100% correct in his assessment of this roster. Although I'd label some of the point the finger elsewhere denial replies above as being more "delusional" then lazy. It's ownership's fault you bought into the completely overblown hype train? I mean c'mon lol

Bottomline it didn't take much more then a very very small application of common sense logic to expose just how utterly unrealistic a lot of fan's own projected expectations really were. Which a very large % of the online fanbase seemingly refused to make any direct reality acknowledgment on, and as such can be reasonably construed as them making a lot of extremely lazy seasonal prediction takes.

#7 Kronoking, Sep 12, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2024
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Tiki trolling like usual.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I see he is still fumbling. Coughlin couldn’t fix it how can we fix it?

Dierking and BrowningNagle like this.
  10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

A performance like Monday , opens up these types of commentary. Until this team shows something different, they looked exactly how he described

11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Tiki was the same person in the middle of last season telling Jets fan to chill out and not be hard on Zach Wilson and we just needed to give Wilson more time.

I don't trust his judgement.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Tiki retired the year before the Giants won the Super Bowl. And then he tried to come back the year the Giants won their second Super Bowl, but they didn't want him. Poor guy's been bitter ever since.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Well. Somebody here drank the Saleh koolaid just the same. I can't see why this is not true.

P.S. I've watched Jets football a few years too long to learn that I can only believe what I see when it comes to the Jets. So far - the Jets will always fuck you. Just check the game last week.

14. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

I don't waste my time with Tiki or any of these sports personalities. But this is what I'l say to all of us and every other Jets fan:

This team sucks. Until they actually win something of substance please stop saying how good this team is. They haven't won anything in over a decade. Stop buying into the media hype every year. Buy into a winning product, if it ever happens again.

I originally had a rant typed into this but honestly most of us on here know what's wrong and why it doesn't get fixed. Frankly it's tiring to read it so I figured I'd save everyone another, longer, rant

jets_fan likes this.
  15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This team has been vastly overrated by just about everyone. The performance they put on Monday night is exactly the kind of performance that they are built to put on. You can't get rid of the strength of the defense, not replace it with anything, and then be shocked when the defense is a shell of its former self. This is something that will continue all year against the better teams. They might be able to get away with embarrassing a few crap teams along the way, allowing them to crow about how they're as great as they've ever been, but they're not built to be the dominant defense they've been the past few seasons. Another instance of Joe Douglas being asleep at the wheel and the coaching staff that he put in place being completely incompetent.

Kronoking and mattyd99 like this.
  16. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

He is, and puts it quite well and concisely...

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Then Barber is 100% correct. The fans he, and you, are talking about are too lazy to follow one of life's main rules - "question everything!" Of course it is possible that it's even worse than too lazy - some may be too dense.

How many bridges and how much swamp land do you own, or did the guys selling that crap not catch up to you yet?

18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Just watched the video. Barber couldn't be more correct. We've been sold a bill of goods by this franchise and its front office. It was just reinforced when Rodgers said he wanted to come here. We must be great if Rodgers wants to come here. Even though, in reality, it was either us or retirement, so it had to be spun as though he wanted to be here because we were this great team.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Now do the Giants Tiki.

I don't hate the crosstown rivals of any of my teams (that have one). I usually will root them on against other teams. But the amount of Giant fans that hate little brother Jets is very amusing to say the least.

I listened to this episode, and Morash openly admitted that he taught his daughters to hate the Jets. Sorry, that's super weird to me. Even my teams actual rivals, at a young age they have no idea.

Jonathan_Vilma and Ralebird like this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Preach

BrowningNagle likes this.