Are the Jets soft?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Sep 10, 2024.

1. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

What adjustments did the 49ers make?

2. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

The NFL is a 4 profit organization, and every team is always winning this year's Super Bowl, in the pre-season. For this franchise, all the pre-season accolades amounted to more smoke being used to cover the easily seen deficiencies. Ownership and management got what they wanted, are the fans getting the SUPER BOWL TEAM for which they paid?
    My wife asked me again this year, if knowing how bad this organization is with keeping up their end of the business contract, other than providing 53 bodies willing to take the field for a paycheck, why I invest my time and energy to follow them. It's just about sunk in that the Woody Johnson business known as the NFL, NY Football team, called the Jets, cares more about their profit, than their fans.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The 49ers made many adjustments, they found a couple big weaknesses in the Jets defense.

You will notice early on they tried some gimmicky runs with Samuel or running outside and throwing on 1st or 2nd down, eventually they found they didn't have to do that, they could just line up and run right at the Jets. They brought in heavier sets with 2 TEs and a fullback and pushed the Jets around after that

They also found that if they ran their fullback out in a passing route the Jets defense ignored it, so they adjusted, and hit their fullback deep on a wheel route to hit a big play on a drive that ultimately put the game out of reach at 23-7.

Another adjustment they made was with Jauan Jennings, they found out the Jets safeties with 5'11 Tony Adams and 6'0 Chuck Clark were too small for the big 6'4 Jennings. Jennings ended up catching every pass that went his way.

--
    Shanahan is a hell of a coach and schooled these poor losers on the Jets sideline

4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

jus about...

JohnnyJet likes this.
  5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Yes, there was no fight in any of them. CS, players, etc. AS others have said they folded their tents....

I read every post and there is a lot of truth to what posters stated esp. about the CS... The one that really hit home when the posted stated, "the team mimics its coach." An't that the truth.

#65 SOJAZ, Sep 12, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2024
    fansince90 likes this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I saw at least 3 runs where the entire SF Oline ran left and the Jets DL all followed while Mason ran in a totally free lane to the right.

stinkyB, fansince90 and NY Jets68 like this.
  7. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I must admit, most of the scores were field goals. So this may be a good sign.

8. fansince90

I agree that his coverage skills are somewhat elite, but he needs to get guys on the ground at this level or he becomes liability when teams plan to run to his side every week.Jow doesn’t have to be a big hitter, just physical enough to make contact and bring the runner down.

9. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Jets oline and dline played soft.

SF coach said, his team has not practiced as a group and alluded to this will not be the best version you will see as they are not in-sync yet.

They looked far more ready to play.

What was with the Jets playing only Breece until the game was over... would have been nice to mix in the harder running style and bigger back Allen to at least try to wear down the 49ers.

The game plan was weak, the run blocking looks no better than last year. Rodgers is good and will help win more games. This team is not a playoff team right now.

Nyjets4eva, fansince90 and SOJAZ like this.
  10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

No preseason.

Starters weren't ready for regular season game speed.

And the gameplan sucked on top of it.

By weeks 3 and 4 they should be more ready?

fansince90 likes this.
  11. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

They better look good today because we can’t go 0-2 to start the year and lose to Will Friggn Levis

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Not soft, just dumb. Bring on the cuttlefish...

abyzmul likes this.
  13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Without getting too deep into it, the 49'ers got stoned in 2 successive possessions and didn't get stopped the rest of the game...you tell me.

14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Ready to fall off your chair... They've only been a for-profit organization for NINE years!! The dropped their non-profit status in 2015. I know...blew me away!!! A useless nugget of info. to take our minds off the potential pending beat down by a near rookie QB. I do not have much faith.

15. fansince90

I hope that is the case. Today’s game showed a little more toughness, but I’m wondering what kind of team did we just beat….
    If the Titans turn out to have a winning record, then we improved, if they have a losing record by week 4 or 5 then we’ll know the Jets are what I thought they are.

16. fansince90

So, what do you think?

17. fansince90

How many penalties did they end the game with?

18. fansince90

Did you hear what McDonald sail when Cokely asked him what adjustments were made. He didn’t mention any scheme changes. He just said they played harder.