FIRE ROBERT SALEH NOW!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 9, 2024.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Everything is the problem.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Saleh is the same bum that kept doubling down on Zach instead of demoting him to third string when he got outplayed by other QBs in practice.

3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

He just said Sauce was winded and took himself out. I can’t wait to hear Sauce’s take on that.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Only Robert Saleh can be SO BAD at making adjustments that he actually allowed his opponent to lose their multiple year all pro running back to injury only for their third stringer to make the Jets defense his bitch.

6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

THroughly outcoached and this team was NOT prepared and I think reads the headlines that they are SB caliber... Guess what guys, your not and its not close...

dmw likes this.
  7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Get Rex and let Rodgers call his own plays.

8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This team played like they had spent the entire offseason listening to ESPN tell them how awesome they were.

And, to think, we've got all of these standalone games left to go. It's 2023 all over again. Which was really just 2022 all over again.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Expecting Rodgers to be his 2021 self is already a stretch. Expecting Rex to be his 2010 self is a far bigger stretch.

10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

The owner who keeps hiring idiots. The GM who blew the most important draft pick in the last decade and still kept his job. Head coach who's well over his head, has a .346 winning percentage and still has his job after 3 losing seasons.

94Abraham, burf, SOJAZ and 6 others like this.
  11. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Same Old Jets. And no it's not too soon, it's just fact. Doesn't mean it'll be that way next week or the rest of the season, but tonight - with the obvious exception of clearly elevated quarterback play - was SOJ all the way. Poor game planning, no adjustments, brutal play calling, misuse (or rather no use) of personnel, bad penalties, lack of execution, horrible tackling, mental errors - I mean, it's THE SAME SHIT ALL THE TIME!!!

Sent from my SM-F956U1 using Tapatalk

mezzavo, SOJAZ, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  12. jets_fan

13. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

The media loves him because he's a minority hire. Remember, Robert Saleh is a Lebanese American. The media eats that kind of thing up. I personally could care less what his skin color is. I just want to know if he can do the job.

I'm not sure if Saleh is a good HC or not, but what I do know is tonight was not a test. Let's see what Saleh does with the team over the course of the season. I'm not ready to give up on him. Tonight's performance was pathetic. The players were clearly unprepared. But to pass judgment on one game is not fair.

And it IS one game that people are judging him off of.

People call them excuses, but they clearly are. You CANNOT win all the injuries and terrible QB play that Saleh has had to deal with. No HC will win with those conditions.

What I see as areas to look for:

1) Saleh seems to have a "onesize fits all mentality". In other words, here's my defense and you can't beat it. Well, clearly teams can as SF did tonight. When that happens? Saleh seems to be lost. Like he's unable to strategies or make adjustments. He has a nice defense but he needs to be able to X's and O's. He needs to learn how to play chess.

2) Despite scoring a touchdown in the 1st quarter, the Jets offense was just like always, "Notoriously slow starters". It takes the offense forever to get on their game. I think Nate Hackett has a lot to do with that. Why didn't Saleh hire a play caller. It's clear Hackett has no imagination and the offense is way too predictable. Either way Saleh owns this. Perhaps Saleh should take over the play calling? All good HC's can do that. Once upon when Parcells was here, he took over play calling and it wasn't so bad. I understand that's not Salehs wheelhouse. He was a defensive coordinator but a HC has to know how all of the team at least in a pinch for a while.

For me, the Jets defense is more to blame than anything else. Their tackling was horrid tonight. They got pushed around and manhandled with relative ease. If Tonight's game was a measuring to see how we stack up against SB talent. The Jets weren't even close.

In the end, all of that falls on Saleh. But to be fair, Saleh MUST be given this season to see what he can do with this group. That's the only fair thing to do here....

14. jets_fan

And not to mention the same GM who hired the coach who is in completely over his head.

After this season, he'll have had his full six year contract that he demanded to take the job and no playoffs to show for it. Time for a change.

James Hasty likes this.
  15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

The Niners spread the ball around all night to a half dozen different receivers. But the Jets used Breece, Wilson and Lazard. What about Williams, Gipson and Conklin? Why was Braelon Allen on the bench all night? A vanilla, boring offense.

SOJAZ and James Hasty like this.
  16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I would take Rex immediately.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Williams is hurt. He spent most the time on the sideline.

Corley is a developmental prospect who can’t even play yet: and Irv Charles is a special teamer

they kept like 15 defensive lineman but only 3 receivers that can actually play WR

REVISion likes this.
  18. jets_fan

That's because offense doesn't matter to this front office and coaching staff. They still think that they're such geniuses on the defensive side of the ball that they can win it there, rather than by doing what the rest of the league (well, the rest of the league minus Carolina) are doing by actually scoring these things called "points". They figured that they could totally fix the offense by bringing in Aaron Rodgers. That was their attitude last year and clearly still is this year. And we see how well it's working out for them.

The longer they allow this coaching staff to remain in place, the clearer this organization sends the signal to its fans that they aren't actually trying to win anything. So far, it seems that this season is about one thing and one thing only: selling the new merchandise, because it clearly isn't about anything remotely related to winning.

SOJAZ, REVISion and James Hasty like this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Stop!

Woody Johnson is not setting the roster or calling the plays. Woody Johnson is not the one at halftime who said he was optimistic. Douglas bought the groceries and Saleh cooked the dinner - it's enough to make you sick.

I tried to find a video of the quick Saleh sideline interview coming out of the locker room just before the second half kickoff, but nobody has posted it yet. Maybe by Tuesday morning it will have been posted for all to see. There's nothing wrong at all about this thread, except that it could have been started anytime in the last three years.

#39 Ralebird, Sep 10, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2024
    burf, SOJAZ and AndyDrums like this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sure looked like something wrong with his left shoulder to me. Maybe an injury, maybe just some temporary pain - stay tuned.