The Final 53

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 17, 2024.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

My point was that the jets most likely knew that there wasn't a lot of teams clamoring for a 26 year old with zero nfl experience.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Like I said take a victory lap, but there weren’t a lot of claims in general across the league… yet.

When the season starts and the bodies start piling up practice squads are a revolving door

3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I get that line of thinking on Bowers but I wanted an OT there and it wasn’t even close. I think with two older tackles, one of whom hasn’t played a full season in years, tackle was WAY more critical than TE or WR…easier to find a contributor at TE or WR than a starting caliber tackle.

To me JD made the right choice

SOJAZ, Ill Will, Jets OG fan and 3 others like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That applies to us as well as the rest of the league. Let’s just hope we don’t have key injuries that forces us to elevate and replace the starters. We don’t have a lot of elbow room to protect the depth of talent we now have. That was not the case before.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

totally agree which is why I think they will regret keeping 3 undrafted defensive linemen and not protecting some other resources.

Other resources like guard who played well all preseason, behind a starting guard that gets hurt every year

6. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

I do not blame him since Bills are a better team but it sucks, oh well!

#186 ILoveTheJets, Aug 29, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2024
  7. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

What a piece of shit.

Lon Chaney and Savatage like this.
  8. Jets OG fan

No they aren't.

LAJet likes this.
  9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that kind of shit I don’t like. I get when a player outperforms a contract and wants to redo the deal…teams do that all the time when a player underperforms and they either cut them or make them take a pay cut. That’s part of the game.

But this is different. It’s to me like any other job offer…if you accept an offer and then someone comes along and you change your mind, that’s kind of a dick move. I’ve had candidates do that at our company when they agree to an offer letter and then come back after signing it and say well my old boss is giving me a raise, so I want more money or I’m not coming. My answer to that is always go take your money…not happening here.

Reminds me of twice that the Vikings did that to us…first time with that CB (can’t recall his name) and then more recently with the LB (again, can’t recall his name right now), where they both agreed to contracts with us, but then changed their mind at the last minute and stayed with the Vikings. That’s a man who doesn’t honor his word…fuck them.

Jets OG fan and SOJAZ like this.
  10. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

100%. He looks great too, and is probably ready to play now

LAJet, Jets79 and Jets OG fan like this.
  11. ILoveTheJets

Yes, Bills are a better team, Bills made the playoffs and Jets did not last year

12. Jets OG fan

What happened last year is not relevant, the Jets didn't have Aaron Rodgers.

Vegas has the Jets favored to win the division this year. On paper, the Jets are the better team. They got better while the Bills took a step or 2 back. They don't just pull the odds out of their rear.

tomdeb and Ill Will like this.
  13. ILoveTheJets

I do not know if the Jets got better and the Bills took a step or 2 back, we will have to see once the season starts

14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

lol--as though we needed more evidence of this--the guy chooses to live up in Buffalo rather than NY area. I would say better "organization" which is what you most likely meant.

15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yes…the truth will come out once real games start, and the injury risk for us especially at QB and OT is not insignificant, but if you just look at rosters, I think we are on par with Buffalo and Miami overall.

We won 7 games with Zach and shit at QB last year behind an injury riddled poor OL. Can’t tell me that we won’t do better this year. Our offense should be night and day better. Losing Huff on D hurts, but if Reddick shows up that’s at least even if not an upgrade; if Reddick continues to sit out then maybe our D takes a small step back but I don’t think it should be that much worse off.

Bills lost Diggs, and he was their primary weapon. Allen can and will still ball out, but losing Diggs has to hurt.

We should compete

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Is the Tanzel Smart experiment finally over?

17. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Anthony Barr-ish.

18. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

Hopefully it means they're deeper on that front. I'm beginning to think that they're a lot deeper than people think and JD got lucky or just got better and had time with filling out the roster.

19. ILoveTheJets

You need to get over it, you would done the same thing if they offered you more money or you want to be closer to your family

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Cine's family is in buffalo? Then that makes total sense and has nothing to do with the NYJ organization, if true.