Haason Reddick's Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He's not the GM. This situation is 100% on the GM and Saleh should concern himself with the team that the GM is able to get to report to camp.

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

For sure you are def right--However, there's another answer such as "that's a GM situation that I have no control of" etc. To say I haven't thought about it--that wouldn't fly in most real life business interactions but that is Saleh communication style apparently as is the AR non-excused item.

Saleh is hard to figure I gotta say--nicest damn dude apparently--probably a great friend and father.

Brook! likes this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Who is Haason Reddick?

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It’s just my opinion but I think we are trying too hard to psycho analyze Saleh every move and every statement to determine if he belongs as an NFL coach. To me his press conferences, how he responds to the media, what he says and why and the fact that he seem genuine and extremely honest are all secondary effects and not very important.
    The measures that are real to me center around getting the team prepared and players ready every week with a smart and effective game plan, get the absolute best out of each player, put the best players out there and out coach the competition. Above all, if we have sufficient talent which we absolutely have now, .win games.
    There are no excuses left this year, and what he says will mean zippo if we don’t have a strong winning season.

themorey, mezzavo, SOJAZ and 4 others like this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I don't disagree with anything you say. But as someone who thinks very lowly of Saleh, allow me to chime in.

My issue with him can be summarized in 1 sentence. Too much Hot Air Gas, Not Enough Substance!

He talks the talk but he never walks the walk. His teams start the season strong but once teams have tape on his Jets, we close the season with losing streaks. His second half adjustments also leaves a lot to desire.

He is not an X's and O's guy during the game. Not strong in "in game adjustments" or "in season adjustments".

He tries to mask all this with big talk.

His answer about Hassan is also asinine. How can you not have a plan for when he returns? "I haven't thought about it" . Is this for real? Is this the best response he can give. Geez. I am Muslim, he is Muslim. He is competing with ISIS right now for my most hated Muslim list. Vent over.

NY Jets68, Ralebird and IDFjet like this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Brook, respect, but what is Saleh supposed to say about a plan for when Reddick returns? Anything he says about a great plan that depends on Reddick is just fuel for his holdout. Any good coach is going to concentrate 100% -- or claim he is concentrating 100% -- on the players in the building. That's what he can control. Anything else is just distraction.

themorey likes this.
  7. Brook!

Simple.

"We have a plan for him if and when he returns but for now, I chose to focus on players that are here"

Not that hard right?

themorey, NY Jets68, twown and 2 others like this.
  8. abyzmul

Has Reddick even been in the building yet?

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Exactly man--thats professional response right there--now, you don't have to be such a professional but you should act like it. This says I'm in control of all contingencies.

Brook! likes this.
  10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You know, I don't "think" he has. Maybe to sign the trade stuff but that's it???

11. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Well said (except for comparing Saleh with ISIS - Saleh doesn't hurt or kill anyone, that is an ill conceived comparison) I also agree with the gentleman who stated that Saleh is probably a great guy, a good friend, a good father, he absolutely does seem to be that, however, he is a lousy NFL head football coach. I could sit here and list from memory, the games in which his team was not prepared, not interested in playing football, or out there making undisciplined mistakes week after week such as roughing the passer penalties at least once per game. I tweet everyday, and write here as well that as a 50+ year long suffering die hard Jet fan about how sick I am of hearing the propaganda that comes out of Florham Park every spring and summer. I can't listen to it anymore. It goes all the way back to the early 80's when they told us Lou Benfatti was going to be a good pass rusher and he "should help" the pass rush. Don't know why, but I remember that quote verbatum. Sick, right? LOL. Anyway, since then everything they say goes in one ear and out of the other. I need results during the regular season. That's it. Go out and win some games. Go out and put a beating on SF opening night for example. But my lifelong NY Jets experience tells me that they will probably be totally out everything'ed that night and get blown out 35-12 or something. That's the Jet way. Until they show me/us otherwise.

mezzavo, IDFjet and Brook! like this.
  12. Brook!

I loved this response Andy. I used ISIS for dramatic effect. Hope you get my point. :)

mezzavo and sozopol like this.
  13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I also thought the argument you made was great except for the isis comparison lol. But is was still so good I gave it a like lol.

Brook! likes this.
  14. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He makes second half adjustments?

mezzavo, NY Jets68, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I have been just as critical as you regarding him as a coach, so I agree with your assessment about how he coaches and adjustments more so on the offensive side of the ball. I think his comment about Hassan was fine. Focus on the players here. Whatever plan he has for him is hugely dependent on his football condition and readiness and Hassan behavior does not merit a more thoughtful response. Will assess it if and when he shows up. Mean time, I hope the combo of McD and Clemons light it up along with the rest of the D actually.

ouchy, mezzavo and Brook! like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I’ll defend Saleh here, Joe Douglas has given him nothing but shit for QBs and then saddled him with Hackett.

A coach should be able to pick his coordinator. Too much meddling from that front office

17. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Yep gotta agree with you here. Salah's origin story came from the defense side (like so many of the Jets HCs, unfortunately) and as a "CEO" all he needed was competence from the offense side. And he never got it, until Aaron Rodgers came in, and that as we all know was aborted last year. This year is all about Rodgers, who is effectively our QB and offensive coordinator. If he stays on the field then Salah has a chance to finally have a season.

mezzavo likes this.
  18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

1000%

19. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

For what it’s worth, Connor Hughes’ boy Tony Vegas claims reddick will be here Monday.

mezzavo and IDFjet like this.
  20. abyzmul

The Jets have to stop talking around the caterers.