Haason Reddick's Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Why are you even here if that's how you feel? :D:D
    Where I thought you were going was Rodgers is the beginning and end of our season. Reddick won't move the needle if Rodgers doesn't play significant time this season.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I wasn’t a big Flowers guy but I was 100% in on JSN and Addison as a fall back option. I don’t quite understand how any GM could think these guys weren’t premiere talents.

blackssmagic likes this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Where's Haason?

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Spot on

SOJAZ and Jets OG fan like this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Time will tell. Sometimes things work out in strange unexpected ways.

If the Jets beat the odds it isn't going to be easy to do so. Josh Allen & the Bills are in the division, Miami killed them twice last season, Jim Harbaugh is back in the NFL with San Diego so we KNOW they'll be excellent, the Chiefs are gunning for a 3-peat and other teams Baltimore ALWAYS gives the Jets problems etc.

If they can do it coach Saleh will become a coaching immortal in this town. Up there with Bill Parcells, Weeb Ewbank, Joe Torre, Tom Coughlin etc

It could've been Rex after the way his first 2 seasons went. Knocking off those 14-2 Pats in the playoffs they should've beat that Pittsburgh team to make the Super Bowl somehow came out 'flat' for a AFC Championship game. The Jets & Rex's career went how it went after that loss.

Usually how it goes when the Jets get make big changes if they have some success it comes early on then it goes sour then everyone gets fired. Perhaps this time we get the rough years early on now reap the rewards in the later years?

6. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

What are the odds that Reddick takes a page out of Leveon Bell’s book, and sits this one out?

JohnnyJet likes this.
  7. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Listening to Connor Rogers on Badlands the other day and he raised a couple points that have been overlooked. All the news we are getting about the Reddick/Jets has been leaked to Jets beat reporters by the Jets. We have not heard from the Reddick camp about what was or wasn't agreed to.
    He also believes that Woody has his fingerprints all over this situation, stating that in every organization, regardless of how much control a GM has, the owner ultimately controls the purse strings.
    After the Wilkerson and Le'Veon Bell fiascos, that makes perfect sense. The Jets have shown a reluctance to renegotiate and/or extend contracts, even for home grown talent.
    The upcoming negotiations for the "fab four" are going to be interesting.

mattyd99 and Jets79 like this.
  8. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

The season, you mean? He’s 30 and looking for a new contract. I think he needs to play. Jets kinda have the leverage here.

dmw likes this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Woody hired the guys that mismanaged his money. I get that he's good with money but when it comes to the actual game of football he's as out of his depth as it gets. I don't know that micromanagement is the answer.

JohnnyJet and SOJAZ like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Leveon Bell is the cautionary tale for that scenario. If he takes a page out of that book then he's dumb.

REVISion, Jonathan_Vilma and jets_fan like this.
  11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

But if any team could have that happen to them twice, it's the Jets.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  12. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

The stink that has been on this team for almost 25 years is Woody. When he finally stops trying to play NFL fantasy football we will all be better off.

Prepare now for losing one of Sauce, GW, Breece, or JJ. That cheap f*** is not keeping all of them

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

JD kept Zach at QB2 at the expense of an entire season. Huff/McDonald is peantus to him.

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Maybe, but still it's really disappointing. Check this out. McD is talking about playing at 250-255 for two summers now and failing to bulk up both times.

15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Will Mcd is a complete bust. The staff doesn't trust him. Yet again we took a developmental player in the first round.

JohnnyJet and jets_fan like this.
  16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

True. Hopefully Rodgers stays healthy this season as I don't want to see how bad this team looks with both below average QB play and no pass rush.

17. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JohnnyJet likes this.
  18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

That's not what I heard coming out of Jets camp. Is this the case that he is still looking poor or has he turned a bit of the corner?

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Man, to be honest, if this is your take right now, I sincerely don't know why you even root for the team.

mezzavo and SOJAZ like this.
  20. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people think think that Reddick will miss the entire season. At the latest he will report at the required date to get credit for the season and look for his final contract in the off-season....what is more likely to happen is this asshole will report to get credit for the season and injure his hamstring or calf and miss the remaining games

mezzavo likes this.