Saleh says Aaron Rodgers unlikely to play in preseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Jul 30, 2024.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You bet - they've done a helluva job getting the entire team ready every year since they've been here, right?

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

ROTFLMAO

3. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Thing is, if he plays in any PS game, they have to have the starting OL playing in front of him adding increased chances of injury to one of the starters in a meaningless game. But I do agree with the rustiness thing as well, its a tough call.

BrowningNagle and Acad23 like this.
  4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Like Hack said Tippman didn't have a problem last year. You're probably on to something with AR wanting it snapped a certain way. If that's the case might have been nice to work on it in OTAs, Aaron :rolleyes:

JetFanInNE and IDFjet like this.
  5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

No. He'll play like 40 percent of the snaps. And have like 300-400 yards with 2-3 touchdowns

Go look up the definition of redshirt

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not a tough call Andy. Injuries can happen in any snap. They will play a tough 17 game season. Offense has to have some real game action in front of fans. Yes I know the joint practices against the Panthers and Giants will help with the rustiness but I rather see him play a few series in every game and also at least a full half in the Giants game. But I understand folks who are worried about injuries.

Bills over Jets likes this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

This would be a good year--no one could complain.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ok we will see about that. Even that' s not even half of what Deebo Samuel did his rookie year and yet everyone still uses the comparison

#28 BrowningNagle, Jul 31, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2024
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Last year he played in the preseason and still only lasted 4 plays. Might as well try something different

10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I understand not playing him coming off a serious Achillies injury at 40. Don't be surprised if the Jets offense struggles badly at SF. The Niners defense is really good. It will be very difficult to shake off the rust for Rodgers and the offense against that defense.

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

How much rust is he going to shake off if he plays a preseason series or two? He's old and coming off a missed season, but he's also the most experienced QB in the NFL and a master of his craft. I'm willing to risk a little "rust" rather than hold my breath for meaningless snaps in preseason. It's not like he's not practicing and not going to participate in scrimmages.

I just don't see a handful of preseason snaps as being so beneficially consequential for him

LAJet likes this.
  12. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

People still would

NOVAJET likes this.
  13. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Disagree. The guy is a veteran, I couldn't care less if he misses the preseason. I do not think playing 1 series in the final preseason game is going to transform his play or even make a difference. Don't forget, he's practicing against a top defense in the NFL. It's not like he's going to go out there and forget how football works.

NOVAJET and JetFanInPA like this.
  14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I think we'll have to see how Rodgers feels when we get closer to the date. I do agree with @Brook! here, if a drive or two in the preseason is a big worry, he likely is in trouble in a 17 game season, which indicates its not meant to be anyway. At his age the question feels like, "Do we have the old Arod, or Jimmy Garrappalo now?"

Brook! likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Rodgers said that decision was made by the front office... not him.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Rodgers on not playing in the preseason: "News to me."

Rodgers either just likes to embarrass Saleh or the communication on this team is a freaking disgrace.

17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I’d put my money on the latter.

This franchise is going nowhere with Saleh at the helm. Incompetent to the point that he and his QB can’t get on the same page about the preseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I’d have to assume the latter because there’s no way Saleh would still be here without AR’s blessing. Though I guess he could just enjoy embarrassing him but still keep him around because he’s a total stooge.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is about how I feel. Rodgers has MVPs awards out the ass, I think he knows how to prepare for a season without participating in preseason games. They are pointless displays that aren't necessary, let them just have intersquad scrimmages and get it over with.

Right now the only benefit I see in preseason is to test out new and stupid NFL officiating rules.

stinkyB and NOVAJET like this.
  20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Man, this thread is hard to read. Whole site really is just loaded with negativity, trolls and Darksiders. Bless you Brook for trying to shed some light on these comments but holy hell it's hard to get through. Can't wait for the season to start and even more so can't wait till we get some W's, crow will be a popular dish on this site after a few weeks, keeping receipts.