POLL: This is the year Jets will win AFC East. Do you agree?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 30, 2024.

?

Jets will win AFC East

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I can't decide because I am a pussy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

So far no Jets OC has been successful with Wilson at QB. Now that Wilson is gone, I'm willing to give Hackett the benefit of the doubt for this coming season.

Jets OG fan likes this.
  2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I said yes..

Bills offense is VERY thin at WR, that really hurts their run game and I think hurts the TE's also if D's crowd the box so I think Jets will have a better record. The question is Miami.. they have a very balanced offense, not crazy about their TE's but overall well balanced. If both teams stay healthy on offense (a BIG if) I think Jets are a bit better, the real difference to me is defense. On paper the Jets should be clearly better but they need to prove it on the field.

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

We don't have the best QB in the division that's Josh Allen. Heck we may not have the second best QB in the division that may be Tua Tagovailoa.

I hope we have the best all around team and 2024 Aaron Rodgers still has enough left in the tank that at QB for the Jets there isn't much of a dropoff from the elite QBs in the league.

jjt4201 likes this.
  4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I voted no.

Not because I don't believe they can't do it they could/ should with this team they've built.

Winning the division is something the Jets have only done twice in their entire history 1998 & 2002.

It's been a long long LONG time since it last happened and a long long time since they even sniffed the playoffs. 2015 was almost 10 years ago now. 2010 approaching nearly a decade and a half ago.

They have a lot to prove.

BacktoQueens and GREG like this.
  5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. On paper this team should be good maybe even very good. On paper means nothing. Let's see them prove it on the field. Can Rodgers stay healthy. If he does how much does he have left in the tank. I am sure the Jets defense will be tough. I am sure Breece and Wilson will be good playmakers on offense. After that I want to see how the rest of the team does.

6. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Hold on here buckaroos. Remember Miami last December where they spent the entire game in our backfield? Or on Black Friday which was a total and utter embarrassment? Or the second Buffalo game up there where we got our collective asses handed to us 32-6? Remember who the HC is, and sadly who the OC is? Oh and when was the last time the Jets won the AFCE? It's been so long I cannot even remember, so can we dial back the cavalier talk about winning the division like Mia and Buf are garbage? In my humble opinion, they are still better than the Jets until proven otherwise on the football field.

7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.

The media is setting us up for yet more disappointment this season. This team is barely a playoff contender, setting aside for a moment all of this ridiculous talk I see from various talking heads about being "legitimate" Super Bowl contenders. The players that have been brought in this year to specifically fix the problems that plagued last year's debacle of a season are all older, injury-prone players. If and when they miss significant time, we're right back to having to rely solely on the wits and talents of the dynamic trio of Robert Saleh, Nate Hackett, and Joe Douglas. Not an idea that drums up a bunch of confidence.

mezzavo likes this.
  8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Probably not. We're not clearly better than the Bills or Dolphins. We're in the same tier as them, but it's probably going to come down to who is healthiest.

9. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Try 13 years without a playoff appearance.

10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

microdosing therapy side effects?

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

As of today Vegas has Jets favorite to win AFC East at +155, Bills at +175

Let's make it happen boys. Back up your bravado you displayed at the Giants joint practice and win the division for God's sake.

mezzavo likes this.
  12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The Jets will need some divine intervention to win the division this year. And Josh Allen is the best QB in the division, make no mistake about it. He's top 5 in the NFL which is elite. With Rodgers extremely long absence from playing real games (several years) and coming off the worst injury of his career at 40, I think the Jets eek into the playoffs as a wild card. I'd say Rodgers is somewhere between 10-15 in terms of top QB's in the league currently. He can elevate above that but based on reality that's where he currently sits.

And this is all if Rodgers stays healthy the entire season. I'd put the odds of that at 50/50. There's a lot of these types of players on the Jets this year. Rodgers, Tyron Smith, etc.

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

It will be a 3-way fight for the division with the Pats coming in last. Injuries can always play a factor for any team. If the Jets stay healthy and finally live up to the preseason hype, then they should be in the mix for a WC and maybe the division. The Bills and Dolphins games will be 4 tough games.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I voted yes, well, just because. Fuck it. We are talented and maybe will have some luck shine on us this year. F Buffalo. F Miami.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Buffalo nosed in front again according to BetMGM, they are +165, Jets are +170, Miami is +210, New England +3000 :D

I'm still pretty shocked we are right up there with Buffalo.

Brook! likes this.
  16. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I had a dream this morning that I accidentally bet the Jets over +14.5 wins. lol. The crazy part is it was only like -210.

17. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Yes if Aaron Rodgers remains healthy we will win the AFC East. We would have won it last year had he not been injured.

Ill take it one step further. The Jets are the biggest threat to the Chiefs 3-Peat. This is the best roster Rodgers has had around him. This defense will finally get to play with a lead. This team will be defensive driven with a QB that rarely makes mistakes.

mezzavo and AtlantaJet like this.
  18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

TBH if I knew Rodgers was going to be 100% healthy this year I would take him over Josh Allen. Josh Allen makes to many mistakes. Rodgers fits the mold of this team way better. We don't need someone who plays hero-ball and is error-prone, we just need someone who make the the plays here and there but does not make the killer mistakes like Allen does.

mezzavo and NOVAJET like this.