WFAN

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JackBower, Jun 27, 2024.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I want to take a moment to write how sad I am about the current state of WFAN. I listen to it everyday while I work, and over the past few months I find myself putting TV on in the background and maybe listening only a few hours a week.

Sal and BT are terrible. They're chemistry is bad and their "I take this side, you take that side" is just bad acting. Sal is a total D bag and it seems they can only take calls that agree with them or he loses it. Between 10-2 is unlistenable.

I have no idea how Morash got a contract, he is both a homer and a troll. He definitely doesn't watch baseball, he has a football like mentality where he bounces between a season being over and back in 2 innings. His giant takes are just fandom and he trolls Jets fans then cries "I get so much hate, it's all fun and games." He would haze you and then say hey I was just having fun. Pound sand. I get Evan can get annoying but he's at least analytical on his opinions.

Boomer and Gio are ok, I like they don't only cover sports.. but they have gone too far and basically never talk about sports so the schtick has faded.

I used to be able to listen from start to finish of my workday. Now I am a wondering soul.

#1 JackBower, Jun 27, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2024
  2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Last time I actually listened daily, it was benigno in the am, the mike and Chris at 12. Long time ago I guess. I still see their crap on Facebook, and Twitter before I deleted it. It’s pretty crazy that someone like morash actually makes money for what he does.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Evan’s good. Boomer’s good. The rest is pretty much hot trash.

I agree man, it’s pretty sad. I run around and do errands on Saturday and Sunday mornings and I’d rather listen to Benigno and Mark Malusis. And I could never listen to Joe for that long in the past.

Gio is a huge disappointment. I gave him a long chance when he first came on and he’s not funny and he’s over emotional a lot.

#3 Jonathan_Vilma, Jun 27, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2024
    stinkyB likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Steve Somers for the win. The New York Jetropolitans, haha.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Was he on late night at one point? He may be the one a few of us on here called and tried to see how long we could keep him on the line using tgg names to talk about the jets.

6. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Agreed about Morash. His takes are just awful sometimes. He'll go extreme one way or the other.

7. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I start my weekdays by watching Boomer & Gio, it's how I get my morning NY fix(living in So. Delaware) and I do enjoy the show for the most part. The rest I listen to on the Audacy app. Licata has to be the absolute worst. I can barely listen to that show for more than 5 minutes. Evan and Tiki are okay and I don't even know what goes on after that.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ha, yeah I used to listen to the WFAN on internet radio while working on the computer to get my "NY fix" but like others said it's mostly trash now so I rarely do unless there's a speciffic event I'd like a take on...

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Even worse this week with Morash replacing Evan as it's the only show I listen more than 15 min too.

His takes are awful troll jobs, he knows it. I imagine this is the type of crap that works on a podcast or something. What I can't tell is if he is just a full on troll, or that he so dumb he thinks he can convince either Mets fans or the organization to back him because it's WFAN.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Tierney is pretty good by himself. I enjoyed the 20 mins I listened to while Sal was off.