Trying to Square This...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jun 23, 2024 at 9:55 PM.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm trying to square some of this offseason stuff I read. I was plugging along my daily news search and the latest FFB Pre-Season ranking popped up. Now this was a Yahoo article so take it with a grain of salt...

I'm trying to figure something out. I'm trying to figure out how the NY Jets are supposed to have 2 guys in the top 11 of projected Fantasy scorers. Breece Hall (4) and Garrett Wilson (11) Then you follow that up with Mike Williams (121) and Rodgers at (129). Does that make sense to anyone?

Figure slow news is better'n no news! ;)

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fantasy-football-rankings-2024-143157035.html

2. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Well Aaron Rodgers would be relative to other QBs as far as scoring goes.

I'm expecting a pretty darn good year from the Jets but I'm not expecting AR to be a top 5 fantasy QB either. Running QBs get artificially pumped up in fantasy football too where you have Justin Fields as a top guy for example when in real life not so much.

mezzavo likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I guess it depends what Tyrod is ranked.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Hall is an elite back with a true 3 down workload and Wilson should probably see 150 targets. It really isn't that crazy.

mezzavo likes this.
  5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I'm still pissed that Saleh didn't try to get Hall 1k yards are the end of the pats game last year. If it was the other way around, Bill would have been calling timeouts to make it happen.

He was like 6 yards short, to which Saleh said something about a mathematician was either not available or didn't know. That right there is a JAG HC saying stupid shit like that.

dawinner127 likes this.
  6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Did you see the game when Gronk needed x amount of catches to get a season bonus and Brady wouldn't come out of the game until he made it happen? Think it was with tampa. Good players/coaches think globally--Saleh appears overwhelmed with just the basics.

7. abyzmul

We thought we had it. But MATH got in the way.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The guy can't even get a press conference right that he's had months to prepare for, let alone actually put this team in a position to have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Was there a time when it was over? IDK--this is actually the first time I heard of it--I did think he had 1000+ previously

10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Agreed on Hall, I guess I was just figuring that Rodgers and Williams would be more in the mid 50's or 60's for Wilson to get just a hair outside the top 10. Heck with Saleh running the show and Hackett on O, I guess I should be happy a NYJ is even mentioned at this point. LOL!:D

dawinner127 likes this.
  11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It’s all projections obviously but there really isn’t any reason he shouldn’t go for 100-1000+ and TDs have such a high variance but he’s been relatively low since he’s been a jet, but is 7-8 TDs out of the realm of possibility? I think that is a super low safe floor and can probably go for 110-1200-10 is probably his ceiling. That be a top 7 WR in fantasy. He got 1000+ b2b with a traffic cone at QB

mezzavo likes this.
  12. abyzmul

Imagine you're Hall when that happens and then they go and draft 2 RBs in the next draft.

13. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

So true, just being able to draft Jets high is something I haven't done since Curtis Martin probably. Maybe Marshall in the 3rd but not a 1st round Jet I can remember in decades.

mezzavo and dawinner127 like this.
  14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I'd rather fail than be a nerd.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Tyrod Taylor is very serviceable, just subject to shyte injuries like The Lord (Chad Pennington). I think Taylor's career trajectory is following Ryan Fitzpatrick's, haha.

I felt better about Pat Ryan back in the day. but at least we have someone who can throw a football more than 5 yards if the albatross goes down in 5 plays instead of 4.

mezzavo likes this.