OTAs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 20, 2024.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So is it pronounced... Taka-Christ?

barfolomew likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah - if he turns into a star; otherwise he's Tayka Hike

3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

This is gold!!

barfolomew likes this.
  4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

At this point that's what we have to hope for. What else can we do?

But deep down I know it shows this dude isn't serious about helping the Jets win big.

When he informed the Jets he would skip minicamp to do whatever it is he had to do I'm sure the Jets told him to reschedule it. Why then?

And the answer is because he's lazy and didn't want to put in the work. That's the bottom line.

Since1969, barfolomew and jets_fan like this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

6. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Mike Francesca has weighed in. I think he's a pompous, humorless windbag, but I can't say he's wrong about Saleh::

And Saleh, who doesn’t know how to handle any situation, he makes every situation worse when he gets in front of a microphone,” said Francesa. “He handled this terribly again this week. If he is OK with this, then he just made it worse. He is a puppet in this game. He just showed you what a puppet he is in this game. ‘It’s an in-excused [sic] absence. I’m fine with it; he’s not here.’ How could you be fine with it if it’s an in-excused absence?

“You can’t have both. If it’s in-excused, how can you be fine with it? Then, none of your guys have to show up. It’s either mandatory or it’s not. It’s not somewhat mandatory, or it’s mandatory to everybody but the guy that runs the franchise. ‘The guy who’s more important here than I am. More important here than anyone is.’ And there’s a coach basically saying, ‘I’m here, and I’m at his beck and call. He runs the franchise; I don’t.’ That’s why Saleh has no chance; he has abdicated his own power and given it to the quarterback.

“You can’t do that as a head coach.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/mike-francesa-robert-saleh-aaron-rodgers-minicamp-absence.html

Cman68, barfolomew and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I totally agree with his overall sentiment but not so much that he's abdicated his power to the QB. I'm not sure that he had any power left to abdicate at this point. He's given what little of it he's had away at various points over the course of his tenure here. Getting rid of LaFleur, the constant dancing around Zach Wilson's feelings at the expense of the rest of the team, and the untold number of other errors he's made since he's been here that we've all called him out for over the course of the last century or so he's been our coach.

I think what this is on Rodgers' part is that he's now spent a year with this organization and realizes what a joke of a franchise he's aligned himself with. He's probably thinking at this point that he had something good going there in Green Bay and that the grass is certainly not greener on the other side in New Jersey.

JetFanInPA and barfolomew like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It would’ve been pretty easy for Saleh to go to Rodgers behind the scenes and be like look it’s not a big deal but I have to express some outrage for the sake of the rest of the guys respect.

Ralebird, NCJetsfan, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s the circus that never sleeps

barfolomew likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I tend to think Aaron thinks he's got it made with the Jets.
    He can do pretty much what he wants.... and he gets to live in the Tri-State Metro area for half the year.

NY>Green Bay... :cool:

Since1969 and barfolomew like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Of course... and every player that's spoken about it thinks the whole thing is ridiculous... which it is.

barfolomew likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It would have been, but he is honest, naive and transparent to a fault. What the NY media needs is someone like BB that tells them nothing, or cleverly dismisses the question. “ I’m here to talk about those that are actually at practice, period. The rest is an internal matter”
    The NY media is a bunch of hyenas that feed on drama, this is a tempest on a tea pot, that will not affect his performance at all. But it’s AR and that is news, while on the other side we have a key member of the D that has not shown up yet at all, and no one is saying shit. Most of the circus is created by buffoons like obsolete Mike.

NCJetsfan, Not Sure and barfolomew like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s really not that bad dude. The radio hosts that don’t talk to the organization are way worse than the reporters asking the questions.

Saleh fumbles layups on a routine basis and is pretty much a bad all around head coach. I think it’s obvious at this point.

14. jets_fan

It's obvious to everyone except Woody and Joe Douglas.

It's amazing to think about when we have the 90s to look back on, but 2015-2025 might be the worst decade of coaching the New York Jets have ever endured. It's almost frightening to think about who the Jets might hire in January of next year, given the recent track record.

barfolomew likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

To be more accurate "every player that's spoken about it...on the record...thinks the whole thing is ridiculous."

jets_fan, Cman68 and Since1969 like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You've heard of some off the record grumbling?

17. jets_fan

Exactly. No player on this team is going to come out and publicly dress down Rodgers for not showing up.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don’t see how Saleh is wrong in this. Rodgers fucked him by blowing off practice.

At least Saleh stood there and took the heat like a man

Meanwhile we will wait weeks for Rodgers’ “intellectual” response … about his actions. I’m sure we are all the dumb ones for wondering why he blew off practice

19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

meh. quincy was a jag before he got here. they developed him into an all pro.

IDFjet likes this.
  20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I think the whole thing could have been handled more tactfully--Saleh could have said he excused every sure HOF player on the roster or something like that with a wink. By saying AR was simply unexcused threw unnecessary fuel on a small fire.