How Bob Saleh gets his team back...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jun 13, 2024 at 9:11 AM.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There is a way for Saleh to reclaim his testicles before the season begins. He needs to replace Hackett with Downing at OC in spite of Rodgers' undying affection. The ONLY reason why Hackett is still on the payroll is Rodgers. Talk about sending a message as to who runs the team, making Downing OC says it very very loud. I think the players would back Saleh over Rodgers too as a lot of them probably are wondering wtf, why is one guy above the rules.

thoughts?

barfolomew, papapump and Since1969 like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Boss. I hear you. But without Rodgers this team isn't making the playoffs in the loaded AFC this year. Anything to alienate Rodgers is not going to help. I say not a good idea. :)

barfolomew, Hemi, REVISion and 3 others like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well Brook, kissing his ass hasn't exactly worked out either. Saleh is in a rough spot especially with Rodgers holding all the leverage. If Saleh keeps on bowing and scraping to Rodgers, he'd better pray this team wins. If they don't, it will get really ugly, really quick. Saleh has nothing to lose by reclaiming his authority from Rodgers but I have a feeling JD would VETO the move anyway. Besides, he may not be Rodgers but Tyrod Taylor is a quantum leap over ZW and all the other stiffs they had playing QB last year. Taylor might have one more good season left in him.

barfolomew and papapump like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

How is he kissing his ass? Rodgers is getting fined for not being there (just like anyone else) -- $16,953 for the first day and $33,908 for the second day

barfolomew likes this.
  5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Its no wonder the media harps on these negative stories so much. Some fans just eat this stuff up.

Rodgers is missing two practices in June. He told the team early on, he's being fined for it like any player would, and him and the coaching staff are on the same page. No one was blindsided.

Of course Saleh would love to have QB1 here, but it seems like some are making mountains out of mole hills here. Rogers will be here for training camp, or whatever the next mandatory practices are.

barfolomew likes this.
  6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

There's nothing that Saleh can do to get it back at this point. He never had it in the first place, so I'm not sure how he could get back something that he's never had. The only chance this franchise had for 2024 was to fire him on January 8.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree that Saleh has nothing to lose. Rodgers could get pissed and retire, or just check out mentally/emotionally and just go through the motions. Besides, Rodgers is going to audible out of play calls he doesn't like and call whatever play he wants, so does it really matter who is calling the plays?

#7 NCJetsfan, Jun 13, 2024 at 12:48 PM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2024 at 12:59 PM
    NY Jets68 and barfolomew like this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He was neutered when he was forced to make LeFleur the fall guy.....

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Brandon Staley, aka the only guy who would have taken the job, would be worse.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That was the moment when Saleh realized he needed to look out for his own future in the NFL, and that's how he's behaved ever since.

barfolomew and stinkyB like this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

As if that hurts when he has an embarrassment of riches? o_O

Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  12. jetophile

My take is the Jets FO are idiots. I've said it before, the Jets were not the 1994 NY Rangers, and getting an aging megalomaniac was not going to work miracles, it wasn't plug and play by any means.

Super Bowl, come on now. Not aimed towards you, it was the hype of the Jets FO that Aaron Rodgers was practically going to cure cancer. See how I laugh.

It speaks to Management and it's a huge indictment of Joe Douglas that the Jets were not in competition with anyone but themselves for this flake. This entire debacle is making the signing of Neil O'Donnell look good.

JetsNation06 and barfolomew like this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I agree with you but the post I questioned was about how he’s sucking rodgers ass when the most recent example is of saleh treating him like every other player… doing the opposite of what the poster implied

barfolomew and SOJAZ like this.
  14. jets_fan

This is the root of everything that is wrong with this organization right now. It also just speaks to how bad Douglas' predecessors were that he's generally looked at as a pretty good GM.

I just hope there's a better front office and coaching staff in place when we trade for Jordan Love a decade and a half from now.

JetsNation06 and barfolomew like this.
  15. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I agree with you Cman. Unfortunately Saleh is a capon and not much will change. This management team is weak and undisciplined.

barfolomew likes this.
  16. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

barfolomew likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

How Saleh Got His Groove Back would have been better. Just throwing that out tthere.

#17 abyzmul, Jun 13, 2024 at 8:50 PM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2024 at 10:44 PM
    Cman68, Ralebird and barfolomew like this.
  18. jetophile

More like some dead guy. This is how I picture a meeting of the minds at One Jets Drive:

barfolomew likes this.
  19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You know, you don't talk like your avatar.

This fucking pooch screw of a cluster fuck needs to be shattered, starting with the damn scouting department and nuclear bombed all the way to the top. If it weren't for the utter morons that continue to line up and line Woody's pocket, maybe the commissioner would force Johnson & Johnson to do the best thing for this team and sell to some fucker who actually gives a damn!

You're right, Rodgers missed 2 practices. Unfortunately, this is microcosmic systemic example of the absolute and utter dysfunction of this nightmare. From Rodgers UNEXCUSED absence to the completely moronic way that the team, especially Saleh, has handled it. Ooooo...let's FINE Rodgers. They guy has more money than GOD and this butt cheek is going to fine him a couple grand? Seriously? At this point, why even flippin' bother mentioning it? You know, Rich Eisen may be a rambling asshole but his video hits spot on and his affect of incredulity is, LITERALLY, how every NORMAL Jets fan IS reacting. We aren't even out of the off season before the Jets start doing Same Ole' Jets bullshit. Personally, I've had enough.

I'm telling you right now...this rats ass of a team better win this year or there's going to be a full blown mutiny from the Fans. Even the fucking Detroit Lions, other than Millen, can claim they were never run this shoddy

#19 mezzavo, Jun 16, 2024 at 1:07 AM
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2024 at 12:10 PM
    JetsNation06 likes this.
  20. jets_fan

With all of the standalone games the Jets have this year, I can only imagine how embarrassing it's going to be for the organization to see the reaction from the home crowd when this team floundering yet again a month into the season.