OTAs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 20, 2024.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

A better job than Saleh has for sure.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He knows how to coach somebody else's defensive system with All Pro players at every level but so far not much else. Basically that's what he was capable of with San Francisco.

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They could pick ten random fans out of the stands on any particular game day and would more than likely find someone more capable of coaching this team than Saleh.

barfolomew and Since1969 like this.
  4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I was very wrong about Saleh when he got hired. I remember watching him during the 49ers games and thinking, "That guy brings a lot to the table." Really smart defensive guy and a really fiery coach. I thought that's what we needed. But he brings next to nothing to the table.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The things I remember people talking most about Saleh when he was still with San Francisco we're that he was fiery and that he was similar to McVay because he had a problem with walking onto the field during games, and that he walked all the stadium stairs before a game.

It was like a political campaign now that I think back on it. The Jets may have fallen for one of those before.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Always hated the Saleh hire. There's the whole defensive HC thing and it's usually not a good sign when the best thing people can say about you is that you're emotional on the sidelines. Wish we'd actually hire a coach for their brain for once.

7. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

Rich Eisen can not ever just complete a gotdam sentence.

I'm starting to loathe this asshole.

It takes him ten minutes to say one fucking sentence.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=857facf4eab74d4fef8f53d32bcf79da&ei=13

Nathaniel Hackett benched as play-caller for part of Jets minicamp
    Story by Michael Gallagher, Yardbarker
    • 10h

ith starting quarterback Aaron Rodgers a no-show for the New York Jets mandatory minicamp this week, the team apparently decided to shake up its coaching personnel as well.

According to SNY’s Connor Hughes, passing game coordinator and quarterbacks coach Todd Downing, and not offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, was calling the offensive plays during two-minute drills on Wednesday.

While teams typically allow position coaches to call plays from time to time during minicamp, the Jets — and more specifically Hackett — are under a microscope after it was reported a few weeks ago that the team attempted to hire someone during the offseason to oversee the offense and essentially replace Hackett as the offensive play-caller.

There were multiple reports last offseason that Hackett would call specific plays and that Rodgers would audible out of them at the line of scrimmage to plays that he preferred to run. The two spent three seasons together in Green Bay (2019-21) when Hackett was the Packers' OC.

While Hackett downplayed the seriousness of New York’s attempt to seemingly strip him of his play-calling duties publicly, having Downing call plays this early into the offseason program could be a red flag.

Downing has experience as a play-caller. He spent two seasons as the offensive coordinator with the Titans (2021-22) and one with the Raiders (2017.) If the Jets have serious reservations about Hackett’s ability to effectively call plays, it’s presumed Downing would be the No. 1 candidate to replace him in that role.

In Hackett’s first year as the Jets OC, the team ranked 31st in total yards (268.6 yards per game), 30th in passing (171.7 yards per game), 23rd in rushing (96.9 yards per game) and 29th in scoring (15.8 points per game).

barfolomew likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

More tsursis!

It's starting to feel like Jets football... :p

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The second vid:
    "Last year was a lovefest." I admit I cherry picked, but Eisen, don't sweep me in by default, either. I was never in love with this. N-E-V-E-R.

barfolomew likes this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Good God, hahahaha.

barfolomew likes this.
  12. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

What a shit show

barfolomew likes this.
  13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

These are Aaron Rodgers own words.

“It’s not a half the time thing, it’s not a sometimes thing, it’s not a most of the time thing, it’s an every time thing. If you want to be a winning organization, and to put yourself in position to win championships and be competitive, everything that you do matters, and the bullshit that has nothing to do with winning needs to get out of the building.”

Everytime…. Except when he doesn’t feel like it.

14. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

It is not going to affect the season 1 bit. Rodgers has been at every voluntary event building chemistry and going above and beyond this whole time. Missing 3 days of mini camp changes absolutely nothing. Reddick is a concern, but I'm not worried about Rodgers. Minicamp is just 3 days of the entire off season and it's not like actual training camp.

LAJet and barfolomew like this.
  15. Jets OG fan

Nick Wright is an imbecile. How is it disingenuous to notify your team months in advance about an event, and then when it turns out the minicamp is scheduled for the same days, it's somehow disingenuous? Does he not even know what that word means? If he was disingenuous and not actually interested in the Jets or his potential last year of his career, then why would he be at every single voluntary work out?

barfolomew likes this.
  16. Jets OG fan

Oh yeah? How are you going to assess that? Are you going to wait until Rodgers has an injury and then go, "HA HA!! I TOLD YOU!!! RODGERS SHOULD HAVE ATTENDED THOSE 3 DAYS OF NON CONTACT DRILLS!"

barfolomew likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There had better be a damned good reason why Rodgers isn't here. The word Mandatory means exactly that for everyone including Rodgers. Showing up for voluntary workouts is not a way of "paying it forward" when the mandatory workouts start. If the workouts are not really "mandatory", then try using the word "optional" instead.

18. Jets OG fan

[​IMG]

barfolomew likes this.
  19. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I don’t think there’s panic, but I do think there’s a serious issue of leadership. This man undressed the team last year with his statement: “It’s not a half the time thing, it’s not a sometimes thing, it’s not a most of the time thing, it’s an every time thing. If you want to be a winning organization, and to put yourself in position to win championships and be competitive, everything that you do matters, and the bullshit that has nothing to do with winning needs to get out of the building.”

Apparently for him none of what he says applies. Look I’ve been a big fan of his, but this is a bad look for a guy that tries coming off as some all knowing Sage of life and manifestation. So apparently it’s not an everytime all the time thing for him, it’s an all the time except when he feels something else is more important. Have you ever watched Ted Lasso? This guy is our Zava.

barfolomew, BrowningNagle and Cman68 like this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Come on bro. You know if Rodgers throws an INT to lose the game week 1 vs SF we are all going to circle back to the June 11th and 12th practices he missed as the reason why he threw that INT.

Brady skipped 11 days of training camp and not a peep. Rodgers skips a 2 day minicamp.
    [​IMG]