OTAs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 20, 2024.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You’re expending an awful lot of bandwidth on something you don’t care about. Just sayin.

that said, who fucking cares?

barfolomew likes this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I happened to see the back page of the NY Daily News about a hour ago that's when I found out about this with Rodgers. I found out about Reddick in this thread. I'm not reading about it I don't allow this stuff to consume my time in that way any longer.

It just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and leaves a bad feeling. Heeeeeeeere we go again just can't make up this stuff. How this stuff happens to the Jets.

Right off the bat it shows that this team isn't united to reach the goal. Some players have their own agenda and it's sad. I expected more from Rodgers. I had doubts about Reddick because of how the Eagles imploded last season.

It's still early but doesn't leave a good feeling at all.

I'll go out on a limb and say Josh Allen & Tua Tagovailoa are present at mandatory minicamps for their team.

Ralebird and barfolomew like this.
  3. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

The fake news is the panic as if Rodgers is planning to hold out after attending every single voluntary off season workout. Look at all the media idiots jumping on him and denigrating the Jets over it. I know NY post is a complete joke and sham of a paper, but look at that RIDICULOUS first article posted on the main site regarding Nick Wright. Like I said, Rodgers notified them in advance and the mini camp schedule just happened to conflict with it. There is nothing to worry about here. This doesn't hurt the team AT ALL.

barfolomew and AtlantaJet like this.
  4. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

The conclusions people are jumping to are fake. R.. E... L... A... X...

LMFAO, please get help.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

You really think a old QB coming off a serious injury, missing all but a few plays of the 2023 season, missing all of mandatory minicamp the first time the entire 2024 Jets team is supposed to be together this offseason and ya just know he ain't playing or will hardly play at all this upcoming preseason. Is going to overtake young, hungry, in their prime QBs like Josh Allen & Tua Tagovailoa? Forget Mahomes.

I was sooooo excited about this upcoming season and by doing this Rodgers & Reddick are basically giving the Jets the middle finger about mandatory minicamp.

It leaves a bad feeling when they had the chance to set a great tone for the upcoming season.

barfolomew and Since1969 like this.
  6. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

How was his attendance at mandatory minicamps that final season in Green Bay? Really, you expected more? This is who he is. We sold our souls to get into bed with this fucking cretin, now there’s nothing left for us to do but hold our noses and hold on for the ride

barfolomew and Since1969 like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The news media are the ones reporting that Rodgers notified them in advance because of Saleh's presser. Nothing they have reported is fake. Nick Wright finds Rodgers disingenuous, that's clearly his opinion that you have a problem with but its not fake news

barfolomew likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yeah both those players attended their mandatory minicamps. Tua is due for a new contract and he still attended.

Most teams have their minicamps this week and you can count on your fingers how many no-shows there are across the league. (Lamb in Dallas, Higgins in Cinci, Aiyuk in San Fran) those guys skipped for contractual reasons.

I don't think there is an example of another player who just blew them off for fun like Rodgers

WarriorRB28 and barfolomew like this.
  9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Lets remember the dude gave millions back to the organization, was here for the voluntary part, and has shown good leadership up to this point.

This said, does everyone think Saleh handled it in the best way or can he have done better?

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

12. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

That is a great point, and may be the real story here.

These practices are mandatory, but Saleh said the following: “Again, selfishly I want our guys here all the time, but when you get to these mandatory things, you make the best decision for yourself."

I'll be damned. It turns out we've all been using the word "mandatory" wrong for our entire lives. Per Saleh, it's a synonym for "optional."

Once again, Saleh has come across looking weak and ineffective.

#192 Since1969, Jun 12, 2024 at 3:17 PM
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2024 at 10:42 PM
    NCJetsfan, Ralebird and barfolomew like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, there's some upside to all this bullshit.. 2025! Can't Wait!!!

upload_2024-6-12_16-5-32.png

He's one and done after this year if we're lucky.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Saleh is a moron. 5 years and he still doesn't know how to speak to the media.

REVISion, IDFjet and abyzmul like this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Just a reminder. The Jets straight up cancelled this 2 day minicamp last year because they had the HOF game :rolleyes:

mezzavo and Acad23 like this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He's not stupid, he knows exactly what he's doing. If the Jets are a playoff team this year, then that's great. If not, by toeing the company line, he's signaling to other teams "If you hire me, I won't put myself above the organization." It's the same thing Bowles did, and people hated him for it then, but by not saying what he thought, he set himself up for a brighter future in Tampa Bay.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The panic is fake news - got it. It's comforting to know there is no panic in Jetsland, regardless of what some here may be claiming. You're free to jump to conclusions about what Rodgers (or any player) may do and believe there is no harm done to the team. I'll wait and see.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Hah! We agree.

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Imagine what Rex Ryan could do with this squad... :rolleyes:

BacktoQueens likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think I agree with Eisen's take.

#200 abyzmul, Jun 12, 2024 at 6:13 PM