Update on team. (Plz)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJalltheway, May 29, 2024.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Hey TGG family.

I've been in a treatment facility since 2 days before the draft and just got out.

Can someone give me a run down on what I've missed? It'll take me forever to go thru all these threads.

Was Olu a popular pick? Did the board freak out about any of our selections?

Any good post draft news?

Thanks

Sent from my genius mind.

2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Glad to "see" you are on the mend!

Not much, really. Tweedle-de-dee and Tweedle-de-dum are still running the show along with ole' Mother Hubbard Johnson so you can at least count on some level of ineptness to date. Having laid that turd, I will say it would seem our tenuous GM seems to have a penchant for the UDFA's! Some really decent signings in there. Shame that doesn't translate to the actual draft. Been hearing Rodgers looks "good" so I guess there's that. That is all...much continued success!

NYJalltheway likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you were in the treatment facility and for so long. I hope that all is well with you!

I loved the Olu pick and think it was absolutely the right thing to do. I was pissed at JD for trying to trade up for Odunze. Some poster don't like Olu, and were disappointed that the Jets didn't get Odunze or Brock Bowers. I'm excited about the Corley pick. The Jets really like and wanted him. I did too. Hopefully, he was the right choice. Most of us are puzzled why the Jets traded down, and basically gave GB one of our 4th round picks for nothing, why they drafted 2 RBs, and why they didn't draft an IOL, S, or DT.

As Mezzavo said, they signed a couple of highly-coveted DL UDFAs, who were projected to go in the 4th or 5th rounds, in Eric Watts and Leonard Taylor, Jr. At least one media hack said that he thought the Jets had the 3rd best UDFA class. Mostly, there's just been some info on the various draft and UDFA prospects; otherwise, not a lot going on.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

the roster is ranked 4th overall in the NFL by PFF which feels like a horrible jinx but I think reinforces those that believe the draft was solid (if a little janky towards the end). Izzy is probably gone because they drafted 2 backs and are now giving Tarik Cohen a look.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Oh man. I hope you are feeling well after the treatment. NCJetsfan has given you a good summary.

On top of that, Vegas thinks Jets will win over 9.5 games and make the playoffs. We shall see :)

NCJetsfan and NYJalltheway like this.
  6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Glad you're out--good luck.

The general feel is that Izzy Akenadaba is on very thin ice.

JFM is gone--traded for a 6th rounder to Denver if I recall properly

JD got us a next year 3rd for this years 4'th rounder--from Detroit I think

NCJetsfan and NYJalltheway like this.
  7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I would trade immediate picks for future picks that are better every day of the week.

Sent from my genius mind.

Brook! and IDFjet like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Welcome back. The draft was actually kinda boring/chalky.

Except for the Falcons who may have been drunk, everyone else went with what was expected, including our Jets

NYJalltheway likes this.