The Jets' Performance Dept. Undergoes a Shakeup

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 9, 2024.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It was addressed a year ago with a new field; looking at "the last few years" is meaningless. Has anyone seen any reliable objective stats on field related injuries for all who played there since then?

#21 Ralebird, May 10, 2024
    Last edited: May 10, 2024
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It can't be that because they hired Saleh favorite Dan Shamash to replace Leon Washington. Shamash has been here since 2022 leading "situational awareness" something the Jets were clearly mediocre or less at last year

3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ya--ok, we are talking about NYJ so anything is possible including nepotism, favoritism, etc

I guess my point is that on the field, I didn't judge ST coverage above average so I'm fine with making replacements and it doesn't matter to me if the bigger reason is they don't like Leon or whatever.

Now, I could change my opinion if someone like Nania did research showing LW was excellent in some way but absent that I think he was a JAG in this role.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hard to do any external analysis on the performance of an assistant position coach

I think its a bad/petty move though. Unless he's showing up drunk or not showing up at all, just renew Leon Washington's contract.

I think the Jets should always try to include former players when appropriate, especially their own. Players respond better to guys they know were in the league like them anyway. Dan Shamash played a little D3 football, good for him but he's not Leon Washington of the Jets and he has no special teams coaching experience whatsoever

The 'positive vibes only' guy clearly just wants to surround himself with friends

NCJetsfan and IDFjet like this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Apparently the double dump return technique doesnt work for everyone...

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's right, they bragged about this guy like he was our answer to Ernie Adams. Dude just came off as another meat head.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/n...-and-how-did-he-become-the-jets-secret-weapon

7. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

The injuries, more than any other factor including talent, has been the reason the Jets have not had postseason success.

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

abyzmul, HomeoftheJets and REVISion like this.
  9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah, you want the uber stat nerds for this kind of role. It's hilarious how far from that archetype this guy seems.

IDFjet and HomeoftheJets like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I prefer a guy who analyzes a hat and makes a decision to wear it with the visor facing forward.