Mekhi Becton - Signed with Eagles

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Apr 18, 2024.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You bring in 30 offensive linemen over the course of 4.5 seasons, it could be interpreted as strong by some.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Sounds like that revolving door handle might be a little large for Douglas’ latest guy to swing through

3. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

I pray we don't see a thread like this on Fashanu in a few years and that Taliese Fuaga is a pro bowler like Wirfs.

stinkyB likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Why did Joe Douglas just let him walk when he could've traded him for a 6th rounder in 2084 like Franklin-Myers ... ugh

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If Becton does well with the Eagles like a couple of prior OL that improved as soon as we let them go, maybe we should start looking to see where the real problem is. If this team with AR under center and three new linemen that perform well to excellent before coming here begin to struggle and the running game is ineffective I want the OC and line coach as a minimum gone. It is time we in ask the quality of our coaching staff from the HC on down.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Having Becton and Fashanu compete might have made them both better, and more valuable. It certainly would have been interesting to watch. Becton's new deal is worth "up to" $5.5 million. You can get to that number with a $500,000 salary and $5,000 a snap. We'll get a better idea of how Philadelphia got there in a little while, I guess when Spotrac or Over the cap gets the info.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't think this is the case.

I didn't understand the value of it, but there is this idea of the "Pyramid of Success" by the legendary John Wooden.

[​IMG]

It is truly a shame that it took all these years for me to understand the importance of the mental aspect of it - but there you have it. Becton fails at the base level. He won't amount to anything unless he figures that part out and fixes it. Maybe Eagles are the right organization to fix it all up for him, but this team definitely is not.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you're not discounting the idea that competition brings out the best in people. By all accounts Becton had his "head on straight" last year (and may have been playing injured, as some reports suggested) so I'm not sure where you're getting the failure at base level idea unless you're looking to the past. We'll see more about Becton in the future. But that's your opinion and the chart is Wooden's - may we all be as successful at what we do as he was.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm pretty sure his attitude and work ethic packed his bags for him...