Welcome to the Jets Qwan'tez Stigger (DB)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I watched this kid in the senior bowl he was playing in a Toronto Argonauts uniform so I wondered what the deal was. I guess by now the story is known. Seems to be an enthusiastic player, but don’t know much about his actual ability

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone except maybe the Argonaut's CS has any idea of what his actual ability is, but here's a kid that was very good in high school, got a college scholarship but never played in college. Didn't play for several years, then played 1 or 2 years of that semi-pro 7 on 7 league, then tried out for and made the Argonaut's roster. He was then so good, they wound up starting him, and he had 5 interceptions and 56 tackles and was named rookie of the year in the CFL. That's nothing to sneeze at. I'm sure he's very raw in terms of the NFL, but is sounds like he's very athletic, smooth, and has great instincts for the ball, and good hands. He's definitely worth a shot.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Why didn’t he play college if he was good in high school? Grades?

4. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

His dad was ill, he had to take care of him and his family.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I hate that the Jets let Buffalo beat them to the punch on Quintez Cephus. Who wouldn't love Qwan'tez, Quintez, Quincy and Quinnen?

6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

This kid has to blow up, just so we can see his name slot beautifully into various rap lyrics.