Preemptive "I Told You So" - Draft Edition

Discussion in 'Draft' started by The_Darksider, Apr 25, 2024.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Physically recoiled reading this.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You're paying for my new TV if that happens lol

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I won't hate taking an OL, I'm normally a fan of it and have definitely advocated that for years here, but this situation is a little different in my eyes. Grabbing an elite pass catcher also sets us up for the future whenever AR walks and a young QB comes in. We've sucked ass at helping our young QBs out with weapons, what better place to be than with GW, Nabers/Rome, and Breece. However if they do end up with OL, I'm fine. Any of MHJR, Rome, Nabers, Bowers, Fautanu or Fuaga and I'm going to sleep happy.

Brook! likes this.
  4. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

This is what I want to happen.

This is what I think will happen... not only that but we trade up to get him and lose even more picks.

5. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Penix will be the best QB in this draft. Caleb Williams will have a rookie-of-the-year type season, then his career will flame out spectacularly (Kyler Murray 2.0). Jayden Daniels will be good; Drake Maye will suck. JJ McCarthy and Bo Nix will be career backups.

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Darksider nightmare time:

Jets as expected draft an OL, WR, TE etc, passing on QBs Bo Nix and Michael Penix. Rodgers goes down to injury again, Tyrod Taylor tries hard but fails to get Jets into playoffs. Both Nix and Penix go on to be stars, I think they both have the talent. Not likely? Scenario is similar to 2017 when Jets passed on Mahomes and Watson for Adams.

You heard it here first.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good post but because AR is practically a Jets owner, he would nix any QB selection.

He stays healthy and we somehow make it to a SB (maybe win?) part of my life journey would be complete..

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Really good thread.

No surprise, I'm all in on Brock Bowers and willing to accept all the I Told You Sos if he crashes.

I've also been rewatching a handful of Top-10 players to get a better picture with my own eyes. Full games wherever I could find them, not just half a dozen highlight clips on Youtube that ignore all the shitty plays. I used to think Rome Odunze was a close toss-up with Brock Bowers, and Bowers a better choice. No longer. Bowers is a WAY better player than Odunze. I watched the OSU-Washington game probably twice with all the rewinding, and both playoff games. [this is where I typed out and deleted all the things that concerned me].

I also watched a crapload of Taliese Fuaga. The full OSU-UW game and as many full-game highlights as I could find. Because it's not easy to find full-game replays of OSU, and they weren't a first choice game or in a convenient EST time slot most weekends - which has been one of my gripes on this board. Like, who's watching this guy so closely and seeing a right tackle worthy of a Top-10 pick?! He's not. He's a good right tackle. Full stop.

Lastly, I watched two full games of Olu Fashanu closely - PSU vs. Michigan and Iowa. Two good defenses. Bumping my opinion on Fashanu up a notch. He's good, with one big concern, and it's not what I've read. What I've read in draft profiles is that he's good on the pass, weak on the run. Whatever they say, I guess. But that's really not what I saw. Definitely worth drafting and maybe even at #10, if my other choices (plural) are all gone. My concern - dude initiates first contact with his hands outside the pads. A lot. As in, almost always. And, because this is all about me, my head immediate goes to where my blood pressure will be when I keep seeing good plays wiped out by yellow flags. A coaching point, no doubt, Don't take my word for it - watch for yourself. That aside, he looks athletic, certainly strong, pushes defenses around WAY more than Fuaga (different position, I know). Eh. I thought I'd hate the idea more.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There will be at least one poster who right now doesn't want whoever the Jets end up taking. But by the start of training camp, that poster will repeatedly insult anyone who criticizes the pick.

abyzmul likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If the pick is OT, QB, TE or WR I'll be okay with it, especially if it happens in a trade down and the Jets also get a second rounder in another of those categories. After that, it's just business as usual, which means just seeing how things develop rather than celebrating or cursing the gods before the guys ever get on a playing field with the clock running.

11. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

i do like bowers a lot

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Except for Michael Penix, I kind of agree with most of that. Especially the last two. Penix would scare the shit out of me in a Jets uniform. An athletic guy with a big arm, asked to play a very simple game, and running out of ideas when that's not working.

13. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Giants are not going QB.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hope not AJW. Miss you my friend. You still at L?

15. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

No you won't. They've done worse things over the years and you're still here. We're all here.... Forever.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I think Bowers is the player this year that they will be showing in stunned disbelief when picks start hitting the 20’s and no one has drafted him yet.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What about the guy who swore he was gone if the Jets traded Wilson? Has he officially withdrawn that claim?

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Why do you think he can play RT but not left in NFL?

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I feel like Fashanu is pretty quick at getting into his pass set too, but if he doesn’t engage rather quickly he’s going to get eaten alive at the next level. I just don’t see him bouncing around after that first post-snap set all that well.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

For me right now it's

Harrison
    Alt
    Bowers
    Nabers
    Fashanu

in terms of want.

Sundayjack likes this.