With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My two cents. My gut tells me when the clock strikes for the tenth pick, 1 OL and the three top WRs will be gone.
    What will be sitting there for us among others are: Fuaga, Fashanu, Latham, Bowers and Brian Thomas Jr. If nstead two OL get picked before ten then Odunze comes into play replacing one of the aforementioned OL. Pretty good group of talent that fits our needs either way I would say.

#1281 LAJet, Apr 14, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    Brook!, Jets79 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

If we have a choice between Fashanu, Bowers and Odunze, I’d go Fashanu. I don’t know enough about the other OTs to know how big the gap is between them and Fashanu, but I’m always a bit wary of late risers. Coming out of the season, Fashanu and Alt were kind of the top 2 OTs…if it’s changed since then I’m inclined to go with the feeling at year end unless the change is due to like an injury discovered or something like that.

Another option in that case could be a small trade down if a team wants to come to 10 to get a QB…shit, even Minnesota may be convinced to flip 11 with 10 if they believe we are trading out to another team that wants a QB…though of course Minny may be trading up higher than us for so QB, so we’ll see.

But I wouldn’t be opposed to trading down a couple of spots and still taking a tackle

3. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

OL or WR

tomdeb likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Indeed. From what I’m forecasting, we could trade 2 even 3 spots down and get a solid OL, and 4-5 spots if we are flexible with a top WR and TE in the mix. Very interested to see the top 9 picks. I’m assuming 4 QBs, 3 WRs, 1 Edge and 1 OL.

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Nice, Craig. Well researched and persuasive.

Nyjets4eva and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

7. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

The Bengals are looking to shore up the Offensive line. Maybe the Jets can trade down to 18 and get the #2 pick at #49. Just a thought.

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You're right on the button in terms of draft value--I like it.

9. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Uniform reveal, Rogers in the building, and Brock Bowers visiting Florham Park today. It's got to be a set up by the football gods.

REVISion, dawinner127 and NOVAJET like this.
  10. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Davanta Smith just signed a mega deal with the Eagles, Chase, Jefferson, Aiyuk, all these guys are about to re shape the market. Makes me want to draft a WR on a cheap contract at 10, even more reason to hope for Odunze. Wilson is going to break the bank plus Breece, JJ and Sauce all the same year, sheesh.

NCJetsfan, Nyjets4eva and dawinner127 like this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Comp picks for everytbody!!!

boozer32 likes this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The Jets had all free agency periods to shore up the offensive line. But they didn't and people want to do it in the draft. The NFL is geared up for scoring and the Jets are trying ground and pound again. Make zero sense. I don't want Bowers, Alt of Fashanu. Enough with the rookie offensive lineman. The Jets just aren't at that creative stage of offense yet

13. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Dude, they added 3 quality starting OL in free agency. Where have you been?

Nyjets4eva, REVISion and NOVAJET like this.
  14. boozer32

All have question marks. LT Smith cannot be relied upon due to injuries missing 37 games. He will fit right in with the injury-prone Jets.. Simpson a penalty machine and MAJOR disappointment in San Fran. Simpson's problems in the passing game are just what Rodgers wants to have in front of him, after missing every game last year with you guessed it injury. This is dumpster diving by Douglas. This is where I have been watching the Jets sign these bums. Another recipe for disaster with our unprepared coaching staff led by Saleh.

15. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

It actually makes perfect sense. You just need to step outside the fan bubble and and acknowledge a pretty obvious probability reality. The potential optimism surrounding Breece Hall's ability to be a league best RB is REAL. The idea Rodgers is going to fix the passing game by himself isn't. That is just reach'y force fed FAKE BS the media wants to sell for the clicks, and which too many fans of this team want to grasp at simply because it's more fun for them to speculate. And why not since at this point it's almost routine for them to do that, and then simply flip over to boo'ing the GM/HC latter when the things they then pretend they didn't cheer to see happen predictably don't work out.

The QB and OC who is ultimately going to come in and make this passing game consistently fun to watch again isn't in the building yet. Until then the best reality based chance we have to at least try to field a more fun and competitive offense again is to give that ground and pound approach the best possible chance to succeed this year. THAT is the higher probability chance "win" on offense we need to be chasing in 2024 among the pile of bad probability bets that have been stacked up around it.

That also is why the team needs to draft OL. And that is probably why it's not going to happen. Again, not that it'll matter to the non-commit Bowers crowd anyway since they'll still get their bitching about GM/HC "win" out of it latter. With nothing learned.

#1295 Kronoking, Apr 15, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    boozer32 and tomdeb like this.
  16. boozer32

I have been that optimistic guy for decades and the Jets constantly let me down, My approach now is to show me. Enough with buying jerseys and football packages. It's long, long overdue for them to produce a competent team. My Mother was from Missouri. Show Me Jets. Enough with the 69 Super Bowl win glory. At least be a .500 team for once. That would be a huge goal. The little goals right?

Kronoking likes this.
  17. Kronoking

Exactly right the little goals.

The jets haven't fielded an offense that ranked above 27th overall in PPG in the last half decade. You gotta learn to crawl before you can walk. Much less "draft a offensive TE weapon at 10" run. If the OL improves and holds up throughout the year well enough to get the run game consistently going this team can at least realistically make the jump into the low 20's. Or maybe, if we are super lucky, even crack the upper teens.

And it can still do that even with Hackett as your OC, and after the most likely (by far) probability scenario of a 41yo declining QB not living up anywhere near to it's hyped up billing plays itself out.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Ignoring that it will be infinitely better from Tim Boyle and Zach Wilson is just as much fake bs as your claiming the other way. It lies somewhere in the middle.

REVISion, NOVAJET and LAJet like this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Isn’t that the God honest truth. I have never read so much negative BS about a guy’s demise without unfortunately never able to prove himself last year. I love Hall, but anyone that thinks that he can lift this team more than a talented QB we so desperately need well, I don’t know what to say. Improving the line is a mandatory need no matter who is behind center, and who is running with the ball. And we need both. Without it no QB has a change nor any RB.

#1299 LAJet, Apr 15, 2024
  20. Kronoking

Just because YOU want to play to pretend here that Rodgers' 2022 season, the very concerning below average advanced metrics he had in said season, and all the advanced aging projection data on QB we have outside of the extreme Tom Brady outlier doesn't exist....doesn't actually make it *NOT* exist. Or help suggest that the concerning in house data we now have on Hackett somehow doesn't matter. The same reality based concerns were still there outside the bubble last year for anybody that wanted to see them. The injury just pushed the reveal date down the road. Where all we've now is pile on another advanced age year projection concern, and the additional frown face aspect that he's still trying to fight off an undefeated father time coming off the ACL.

Playing pretend games that need to believe there is some "infinitely" better then 2023 Zach Wilson probability outcome for a 41yo Rodgers, coming off a bottom tier QBR rating 2 years ago and an ACL tear at age 40 in 2023, probably isn't going to make the 2024 season any better or all that much more fun to watch. You know, at least for the people who still hope to find themselves just as invested in the season itself after the hype bubble on that bursts. But again, it's not like I expect anybody here who runs away from having to commit to even making even a simple ballpark production on the offensive weapon guy they claim the team *NEEDS* more then the further commitment to OL building right now to actually own or much less acknowledge that.

#1300 Kronoking, Apr 15, 2024