Brian Thomas Jr

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I feel this kid is being overshadowed by Nabers and Harrison but when you break down the tape he might just be the best WR in the class. He reminds me of Julio Jones when he first came out. I think this kid is really special and would great in green and white!

boozer32, KingRoach and dawinner127 like this.
  2. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

After the Smith signing I started looking into BTJR a little more. Really good player. Connor Rogers has him as a top 15 player in a very good draft this year. He also said that last year the only guy who would was graded even remotely close to BTJR was JSN, very different prospect, but BTJR would be a better prospect than every WR taken last year.

Rockinz likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not going to pretend I know a lot about him, but just looking at his highlights: he catches with his hands every play I saw, adjusts to the ball like a pro, knows how to get quick leverage on contested balls, and turns broken plays into TDs with his ability to keep getting open. Great size, too. I don't know if he'd be a good fit at 10 but I'll be watching more of his footage.

#4 abyzmul, Mar 18, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    dawinner127 likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

for a 6'4 wideout he plays like he's 5'10. He struggles with contested catches. That is concerning to me

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Ed Reed, Jr.

Sundayjack, Aero and abyzmul like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ok I lost it

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The more I've watched this kid, the more I think I was wrong with my initial opinion of him. He has some really good tape. I think the Alabama game Is what made me sour a bit on this kid, which, I still have some concerns.

I do think he would be a good pick, especially If we could trade down.

IDFjet likes this.
  9. Rockinz

He is just a TD machine. Creates separation with speed and crisp routes. He also sets corners up on double moves really really well.
    He reminds me so much of Julio Jones when he was coming out

Lon Chaney likes this.
  10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I disagree on the crisp route part. He Isn't a very good route runner and his route tree was very very very basic. From a technical, fundamental, and complex frame of mind. I think he has a lot of work to do In the NFL In that area. Which Is a big concern for me. He struggled a decent bit when the level of competition at DB increased. He looked very pedestrian In that Alabama game. As I mentioned before. His release off the line of scrimmage Isn't great either. He has a good shoulder dip move to avoid a lot of contact at the college level. He won't get away with that often at the NFL level though. He makes a lot of individual errors throughout a lot of these games at the college level. I imagine he will make a lot more at the NFL level If he doesn't get sound coaching In the NFL. He also body catches far too much when he shouldn't. Which Is surprising because he does show at times that he Is capable of catching with his hands, with strength behind the catch. Other times though, yikes.

He Isn't close to Julio Jones coming out of college. IMO

I think he has a very high ceiling but his floor Is low too. IMO

I don't think I would draft him at #10 after watching more games of his. I'd potentially take him on a trade back, even then though, I think I would be okay taking another WR later In the draft over him.

NYJetsO12 and Sundayjack like this.
  11. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Love all his tools, although I can’t say I’ve taken more than just game day look. Seems like the type of kid who needs time to get his feet under him. Ignoring his first year with the Ed Orgeron Clown College, he obviously had trouble transitioning to a Brian Kelly offense. We know this because Malik Nabers didn’t.

12. Rockinz

I think he ran double move routes as good as anybody in college football. With 17 TDs playing in the SEC you need more than just speed and size.

Like I said before when I watched the Jayden Daniels film is where I just got blown away with his playmaking ability.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

A WR for pick 10?? Uhuh

14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I would take this kid in a heartbeat. Size, speed and hands are all there.

The intricacies of playing WR at the NFL level can be taught and learned. 6'3" with 4.33 speed and great hands cannot.

15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Solid.

16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree I was hoping the Jets would have taken him. I always thought the Jets were talking to the wrong receivers.

Rockinz likes this.