Jets trading for Haason Reddick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Or is it?!?!?

[​IMG]

2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

OMG, as insane as it sounds, nothing can be ruled out at this point...

Savatage and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Can you blame him? The Jets didn't believe in him enough until last season to even let him get on the field as a run defender, and they could have extended him back in 2022 and chose not to. He realized that he would never get a chance to start here and would never get a big contract because the Jets would always say that he was just a situational pass rusher and part-time player. I truly hope he gets at least 20 sacks this season, and would love if beyond words if he set the sacks record, just to prove once and for all what a freaking dumbass that JD is. He can't get fired quickly enough for me.

5. NCJetsfan

Shhhh. Don't jinx him!

6. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Understood but the opposite is just as likely. Maybe he gets a larger role and proves he can't handle all 3 downs. He isn't playing with the same DL depth around him and ends up having to beat double teams. People run all over him because he hasn't been put in a position to play run defense consistently. Not saying Huff can't thrive but to say he will be successful in his new role isn't a given. I like JD though so wtf do I know...

NCJetsfan and JetFanInNE like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Excellent post! I thought it was stupid to have not extended Huff in 2022 or last offseason, and was pissed that they let him go and never really gave him a chance to start. He said that he wasn't going to give the Jets a "hometown discount" and that he wanted to go somewhere he had a chance to start. I think he has a good chance to start in Phillly. After Huff left, I truly feared that JD would take an Edge at either #10 or #72, and if he didn't our pass rush would suffer this year. In an "all in" year it was wise to add a pass rusher of Reddick's caliber and not just "hope" that McDonald was ready to play a lot more and try to replace Huff's production. If McDonald shows that he's ready to replace Huff, all the better, since Saleh/Ulbrich like to rotate rushers to keep them fresh anyway. Then we won't have to worry about the D taking a step back.

Hopefully, along with all the other "all in" moves in FA, this increases the chance that JD will think long term rather than just this year with the #10 pick, and take an OT to back up Smith and to be our LT going forward and then grab a WR in either the 3rd or 2nd round.

Jets79 and Borat like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

There will definitely be a problem finding anyone good to take the job, first because Woody is an idiot; second because the cap is going to be screwed and the new GM won't be able to sign any FAs for 2 years; and third because if he screws up this draft and takes a TE who busts and winds up with not one young quality OT on the roster, no one will want the job.

9. NCJetsfan

Of course his success isn't a given. You're right that he could struggle if the Eagles don't have a DT like Q and a very good Edge on the other side. He can also struggle defending the run I just hope that he doesn't. I hope that he becomes a star for the Eagles.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sugar in the Ra

11. remedy29

remedy29 New Member

Reading all these post is boring. A bunch of crybabies complaining about everything. And I get that. But can we talk about the player a bit please.

I'm not a huge Saleh fan, but I do not doubt his defensive team building and will give him the benefit of the doubt regarding his defensive team building.

Huff was a situation pass rusher. And very good at it.

Reddick is listed as a LB and also a good pass rusher. What does Reddick have and do on the field that Huff does not?

Hemi, Nyjets4eva and boozer32 like this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The Jets don't do well with must wins. Our coach is a moron and our QB is super old. The window to do anything is super tiny. We have a stud WR and RB a lousy 3rd WR in Lazard

13. boozer32

Huff was more power. Reddick beats linemen with speed. The guy is impressive. Douglas is really helter skelter. Drafting McDonald, looks like a waste now. So who do we go for in the draft this year so that he can not contribute and sit on the bench.

Borat likes this.
  14. boozer32

I just wish the Jets can jack up the offense. Its always the defense. The NFL is geared for scoring and the Jets aren't getting that memo.

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. remedy29

remedy29 New Member

Thanks for the input on Reddick. The rest of your take sucks, and is a tiring boring read.

McDonald may be a bad pick, need to give him more than 1 year to determine that. But in general, drafting pass rushers is a good idea.

Joe Douglas has drafted in RD 1 and 2;
    3 OL
    3 WR
    1 RB
    2 DL ends/pass rushers
    1 CB
    and 1 wasted pick on a poor QB prospect.

I dont get the tiresome rhetoric on Joe Douglas drafting players to sit on the bench, or ignoring the offense, or ignoring the OL. He hasn't done any of that. He drafted 1 pass rusher who didnt see the field much his rookie year and we are already quick to judge him.

16. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he meant the person you were replying to

17. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

HFS, if I didn't know better, I would've thought this was a political thread.

Like every trade, draft, etc, time will tell if they f'd up or not.

ouchy likes this.
  18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I actually like Reddick a lot, I got to see a lot of Eagles football last year, and he was always an impact player for them.

Reddick is an every down LB, I don’t believe he was traded to be a Huff replacement, he fits the smaller LB role at 6’1/240 a lot better than Huff who was 6’2/255.

McDonald is 6’3 245 and expected to bulk up a little more this year.

I believe he was acquired to give them a more lethal pass rush by having, Jermaine ,McDonald, Q, JFM, Moseley, Williams and Reddick, on field at same time.

just my opinion, I could be wrong.

#138 Red Menace, Mar 30, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    BrowningNagle and IDFjet like this.
  19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

L
    That's a pretty good front 7 when you see it on paper.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Just imagine if we had Jeremiah Trotter Jr!!