Jets trading for Haason Reddick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

jets_fan, mezzavo, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Reddick is a phenomenal pass rusher, the trade itself is fine. Everything surrounding it is fucking stupid. I see one report that says we will give him a new contract which makes this a whole lot better… Eliminate the possibility of losing him for nothing at the end of the year… But if he makes anything even close to the $17 million per year we should have paid huff then Douglas needs to be fired.

barfolomew, Jojo, NY Jets68 and 6 others like this.
  3. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

The trade itself isn’t bad, but letting Huff go for nothing and then trading for Hassan makes it really bad. Hassan is a beast but we had a good player and just needed to pay him so I’m a little lost on this one. Either way let’s go Jets and the draft picks this year better be all O

barfolomew, Jets81, Jojo and 4 others like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Extending a 30 year old edge rusher who solely relies on speed to bend the edge is a good move?

We should trade for him because we expect him to get 10 sacks and make this a second round pick.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

The Jets are truly on track to field the oldest team in the NFL

barfolomew and tomdeb like this.
  6. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

this trade makes me think that huff wanted to leave and we tried hard to keep him

barfolomew, dmw, Mr mittens and 3 others like this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

double digit sacks the last four years straight and no real signs of slowing down. The player is not the problem in this deal. It’s the fact that he either walks for nothing or probably gets close to the number we should have given the young stud pass rusher we let walk.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I can't tell, are they just not happy with Will Mcdonald? Everytime he was out there he was shining

Also I don't mind this, obviously I like Huff but not sure what the deal here is.

Basically OT or WR/Brock or trade down this upcoming draft now

boozer32 and LAJet like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

29 is old now. I swear this fanbase can convince themselves that literally anything is terrible.

boozer32, LAJet, SOJAZ and 4 others like this.
  10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Wow you never know what's gonna happen in the offseason. On some level an exciting move - the guy is a great pass rusher.

But why the hell didn't they resign Huff then my god??

It's clear they have no faith in Will McDonald

barfolomew and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I think we all would take a older team for a Tom Brady/Bucs esque run of Jets and Rodgers.

Or what Rams did with Stafford and company.

Time to win was last year, now its a must

#11 Poeman, Mar 29, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Another makeup move by Douglas because he f'd up from the beginning with Huff and McD was clearly a horrible pick.

13. BroadwayAaron

I mean if there is one guy you want Will McDonald to emulate considering his size and skill set, they just treated for the prototype. But yeah I have to wonder what the opinion of McDonald is inside the front office.

NCJetsfan and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

Exactly. It’s been so long since we have been in “win now” mode that people forget what that actually means. You load up on guys who have elite level talent left in them for another year or two because nothing else after that matters. To a bunch of fans on the Internet of course it matters, to the guys on the field and especially the ones who lose their jobs in two years if there’s no title, that doesn’t mean shit.

on paper removing all context, this is a fantastic move. But this contract better not look anything like huffs or else…

15. Jonathan_Vilma

He’ll be 30 before October. Yes it is old for the NFL. Especially a player that solely relies on speed.

We continue to invest more money and resources into the defensive line than any other position group. We have two back to back first round picks, one of which includes a trade up, a massively expensive defensive tackle, and now a 3rd round pick and multi-year extension into another edge rusher.

Meanwhile we’ve had the worst offense in the league for the better half 10+ years. The Jets truly run a clinic on how not to win in the modern day NFL.

Jets81, REVISion, mezzavo and 5 others like this.
  16. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I think it's a good trade. I mean what are the chances of landing a 10+ sack player in the 2nd round? Our pass rush sucked last year (as it has been for many years) for the most part and the addition of Reddick should definitely make it better.

Mr mittens, JetFanInNE, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

we added Mike Williams, Tyron Smith, Morgan Moses, John Simpson and will most likely be going offense with the 10th overall pick. we have an elite receiver, elite running back, you hope we have a top 10 quarterback. What more should we have done?

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

This doesn’t change the opinion of Will. They still needed an EDGE guy. Will gets primary pass rush reps and Reddick gets to keep the defense at its peak with a more proven commodity.

barfolomew, NCJetsfan and SOJAZ like this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

oh I know this. This is an absolute win on the field. But there have been multiple reports that the front office is extremely high on McDonald which is why they let Huff walk. Clearly that’s either bullshit or they do believe it and know that there’s no better guy to learn from than Reddick.

20. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

What the heck are you talking about? Do you have any idea how good a player he is? It’s a fantastic move.